Hua Hin bars closing at midnight

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Hua Hin bars closing at midnight

Post by richard »

^ Confirm that. Some bars even gearing up with new TV's for the event. Expect many lock in/breakfast sessions coming
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

England V Italy next Sunday is a 5am kick off then 2am and 11pm
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

STEVE G wrote:I'm not a football fan myself but I know a lot of people are and I believe the majority of the world cup will be after midnight Thai time. Watching soccer late at night in bars is a very popular activity for Thais as well as expats.
And you make a valid point if wanting to watch football that maybe you can not access at home. Again though Pattaya and Phuket offer that experience. I will be watching the footie at home. Those with True are hoping for a deal to show the games, if they don't get the deal I get the impression that the commentary is exclusively in Thai.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

dalmatiandave wrote:
bsdk1960 wrote:
dalmatiandave wrote:Just enforcing the curfew quite rightly. If you are up for girly fun in Hua Hin then 12am is fine. I suppose the real drinkers are the ones peed off. Thankfully I hear Pattaya is open again for those who need an all night session. I am happy with the way things are here.
Were they not enforcing the curfew then?

you must be kidding,so because you don't fancy go out for a drink in HH it's ok they close at 12 am but it's ok they can open longer in other cities and if you go out your a real drinker or up for girl fun ?
I don't now about other people but im married and always go out with my wife.
Maybe you should cut down from what ever you use when you lift those weights,and not nag on other people.

:cheers: :cheers:

I am not kidding, why would I, I had my fill of Pattaya for 10 years and came to Hua Hin because it offers me a better quality of life away from a 24 hour city that is really only worth visiting as a tourist or unless you want to sit in bars for 24 hours. Bintibaht and Soi 80 offer me enough nightlife in this town if I needed a drink with mates and a 12 o'clock finish is fine for me. If it is not for you then fine and I respect that, if you need to be out after midnight or carrying on drinking then that is up to you, do you really think my comments are anything other than personal to me, they are just that. Maybe what I am saying is that as the bars close near enough no later than 1am or 2am what is the issue. I go out with my girlfriend and I have great nights around town but I just go out at 7-8pm and have a good night and happy to be kicked out of a bar at midnight, that's all.

"do you really think my comments are anything other than personal to me"

Yes obviously they are personal because otherwise you would not have said

"Thankfully I hear Pattaya is open again for those who need an all night session"

Excuse me if I am only 41 and not 65 like most drinkers in this town, in bed by 10:30 pm or so. I work for a living and get off very late so for me it has NOTHING to do with a "session" as you call it and everything to do with my work hours and schedule. Some nights I finish work at midnight so damn straight I want to go out and have a drink. I can't start drinking at 5pm in the afternoon like the retirees I see in Soi 80.

I too moved here from Pattaya a couple of years ago because of the quiet, I was out last night at midnight enjoying only my second drink of the night when the police walked in to the bar and shut them down so it does affect me!

Please don't try to fit everyone that wants to drink till 2am instead of midnight into the nice little box you have created... we can't all squeeze in so well...
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

I feel so sorry for you being a resident of Hua Hin, how you fit in I really don't know. This is a different town to Pattaya where maybe you should be seeking alternative employment where you can drink at all hours. I lived in London where I needed to be leaving the pub by 11pm but I dealt with it but went to a disco if need be. Why do we think these places in Thailand should accommodate our needs, your needs. We are guests here and always will be. My opinion doesn't count nor does yours, it's the Thai opinion that counts and we all need to deal with that.

jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

I don't need anyone's sympathy, certainly not what I am looking for, especially the sarcastic kind you are providing. My point, which you obviously didn't get, was that not everybody can be stereotyped to fit into the neat little box you created. You think everyone that isn't in bed by midnight with their dentures in a glass beside their bed side is obviously a Pattaya type all night mongering alcoholic I guess! What possible other reason would anyone want to be out past 12am right ????

I am saying there are other people out there that appreciate the men in blue abiding by the recent lift of the curfew and following the wishes of the law that have been layed down from a higher place that now it's ok for a bar to be open till 2am.

Just because it does not affect your lifestyle it can affect others. As a few have mentioned before the World Cup is coming up and being the most watched sporting event in the world I am sure there are many people who would like to be sitting inside a bar after midnight with their fellow country men and a beer in hand cheering on their countries team...There is a certain solidarity in that..

Maybe the solution is we all can come over to your place after midnight seeing as it does not affect you, and watch the games there. Hope that's ok with you...
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

From what we are led to believe...
...Yes the Army have lifted the curfew, but the Police are the ones keeping the bars closed after midnight in HH...even the 'Dark side' has to lock-up at 12.00.
BUT..how long till the World Cup..1 week??
My Mrs reckons that the night before, or the night after the 1st match the MiB will be round allowing the bars open till 2.00 again..BUT, for the bar-owners they'll have moved the goal-posts on the 'tea-money' tarrif again.. :cuss: :tsk:
(I may be wrong here, but this is how they've acted it out in the past).

As was mentioned earlier here..12pm IS HH's official closing time.
And yes..many tourists & long-stayers alike do indeed start their evenings at 6.00ish with a meal
on Poolsuk, then more beer as the darkness descends.
t1ggyw1ggy10

Post by t1ggyw1ggy10 »

Well said !!
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

jumusman wrote:I don't need anyone's sympathy, certainly not what I am looking for, especially the sarcastic kind you are providing. My point, which you obviously didn't get, was that not everybody can be stereotyped to fit into the neat little box you created. You think everyone that isn't in bed by midnight with their dentures in a glass beside their bed side is obviously a Pattaya type all night mongering alcoholic I guess! What possible other reason would anyone want to be out past 12am right ????

I am saying there are other people out there that appreciate the men in blue abiding by the recent lift of the curfew and following the wishes of the law that have been layed down from a higher place that now it's ok for a bar to be open till 2am.

Just because it does not affect your lifestyle it can affect others. As a few have mentioned before the World Cup is coming up and being the most watched sporting event in the world I am sure there are many people who would like to be sitting inside a bar after midnight with their fellow country men and a beer in hand cheering on their countries team...There is a certain solidarity in that..

Maybe the solution is we all can come over to your place after midnight seeing as it does not affect you, and watch the games there. Hope that's ok with you...
Christ I am sorry that I gave the impression of giving sympathy, what was I thinking!

Sorry your point about the World Cup is what.. did I not confirm that I understand that people want to watch the world cup, so sorry did you miss that comment. For me yes, the world cup is important but again this is Thailand!

I think you are taking this a little bit too serious. I couldn't have thought for a minute how my comments (just comments) could have instilled such an OTT reaction from somebody who tries to purvey that they are a normal citizen of Hua Hin. I am sorry that I touched a nerve which is what it appears to be, could I be wrong, could I care! I am flattered that my comments have instilled such a reaction. I have the right to comment as I feel fit, sorry that doesn't work out with your view on things. You seem happy to have a drink with your wife at any time, what is the issue, why the toys out of the pram. Get a life, deal with it, do I mean that much to you that you have to tell me that you will not base your life on mine, sweet!
I was having a few beers tonight with my friend at my house and this bloody smart phone kept on telling me I had a message on Hua Hin forum that was begging to be answered. It was an inconvenience as I was sure that at gone 9.30pm most people in Hua Hin would be drinking as much as they could before the authorities wound up the evening.

I am sure you are a smart guy with a lovely wife but why get so intense about something that really is not even a conversation piece. I have an opinion, I agree it is not yours but I still have the right to an opinion. If my opinion is not accepted on this forum I will refrain from posting. Would that keep you happy or would that just give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside!
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

dalmatiandave wrote:
jumusman wrote:I don't need anyone's sympathy, certainly not what I am looking for, especially the sarcastic kind you are providing. My point, which you obviously didn't get, was that not everybody can be stereotyped to fit into the neat little box you created. You think everyone that isn't in bed by midnight with their dentures in a glass beside their bed side is obviously a Pattaya type all night mongering alcoholic I guess! What possible other reason would anyone want to be out past 12am right ????

Christ I am sorry that I gave the impression of giving sympathy, what was I thinking!

Sorry your point about the World Cup is what.. did I not confirm that I understand that people want to watch the world cup, so sorry did you miss that comment. For me yes, the world cup is important but again this is Thailand!

I think you are taking this a little bit too serious. I couldn't have thought for a minute how my comments (just comments) could have instilled such an OTT reaction from somebody who tries to purvey that they are a normal citizen of Hua Hin. I am sorry that I touched a nerve which is what it appears to be, could I be wrong, could I care! I am flattered that my comments have instilled such a reaction. I have the right to comment as I feel fit, sorry that doesn't work out with your view on things. You seem happy to have a drink with your wife at any time, what is the issue, why the toys out of the pram. Get a life, deal with it, do I mean that much to you that you have to tell me that you will not base your life on mine, sweet!
I was having a few beers tonight with my friend at my house and this bloody smart phone kept on telling me I had a message on Hua Hin forum that was begging to be answered. It was an inconvenience as I was sure that at gone 9.30pm most people in Hua Hin would be drinking as much as they could before the authorities wound up the evening.

I am sure you are a smart guy with a lovely wife but why get so intense about something that really is not even a conversation piece. I have an opinion, I agree it is not yours but I still have the right to an opinion. If my opinion is not accepted on this forum I will refrain from posting. Would that keep you happy or would that just give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside!
why not turn off the auto updates then no more annoying beeps on your phone
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

STEVE G wrote:I'm not a football fan myself but I know a lot of people are and I believe the majority of the world cup will be after midnight Thai time. Watching soccer late at night in bars is a very popular activity for Thais as well as expats.
And can I say that I totally agree with you. For those who may not have access to the footie on their own TVs it would be good that they can see footie in a bar at the times that the football is being broadcast. Thing is the footie is being broadcast at very early times in the morning and mostly in Thai. I am also aware that the authorities are asking extortionate sums for bars to show the games. I do know that many bars in other towns (I must not say) have decided not to show the games as they are not happy to pay the 30000 baht licensing fee to show the games at very early hours.

Remember a bar is not a house and to show any games in a bar you must pay a fee. Disclaimer : I am going by what I have read on Pattaya and Phuket forums. Maybe Hua Hin is different and that is great.

I am just a man!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Plenty of police owned/frequented bars will be open for sure. Commentary no doubt will be in Thai but who cares at 5am in the morning
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

richard wrote:Plenty of police owned/frequented bars will be open for sure. Commentary no doubt will be in Thai but who cares at 5am in the morning
Again a good post.

jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

dalmatiandave wrote:

Your opinion is accepted, this is a forum! all you see is opinions. Just don't be such a baby when someone has a difference of opinion with yours, learn to accept criticism, at times people won't agree with your viewpoint, not everyone lives in the same bubble as you do....such is life.
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

richard wrote:Plenty of police owned/frequented bars will be open for sure. Commentary no doubt will be in Thai but who cares at 5am in the morning
Very true, a game is a game. Scoring goals can be show in any language!