MiB fine bars 30,000B over music licence!

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: MiB fine bars 30,000B over music licence!

Post by caller »

A bar with no music seems a blessing to me!
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

A good read concerning this subject. Pete :cheers:

Facing the music on dirty copyright deeds

"Restaurant owners are being targeted for playing songs without a licence, exposing a murky world of lies, police extortion and legal ambiguity...."

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/special ... ight-deeds
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

oakdale160 wrote:The police are in a strange postion when the military is running the country, they are trivialized to some extent, particularly as the army is doing some of the things that the police never had the guts to tackle. So, they are looking for areas where they can flex their muscles and make some cash. Checking that bars have the correct music license and play the correct music--- its kind of pathetic.
:agree:
Thai people no likey farang music, only play Thai Isaan music okay?
:laugh:
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

The report in the BKK Post mentioned in it's report that the Thong Lor police station was involved in this scam..is that not the same station that implemented all the bad press due to frisking tourists a few months ago..?
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

usual suspect wrote:The report in the BKK Post mentioned in it's report that the Thong Lor police station was involved in this scam..is that not the same station that implemented all the bad press due to frisking tourists a few months ago..?
they control cowboy and nana too?

i witnessed two new bars in Hua Hin that got a very heavy handed visit from the police about a month ago. Four cops with big guns and a pickup truck. I was across the street and watched for about thirty minutes. The Thai woman in one bar was talking to the police and did not look very happy. Realy sad to see four cops are needed to talk to a woman. They were looking at paperwork spread out on a pool table. Three weeks later the bars were closed and up for sale.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

JamesWest wrote:

they control cowboy and nana too?
Cowboy is Thonglor, but Nana is Lumpini territory. Neither one is well known for its devotion to the law.