Monicas Soi 88. Cashier scamming

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Re: Monicas Soi 88. Cashier scamming

Post by dalmatiandave »

I was relating the incident in relation to the cashier not the bar although the result is I wont go back to the bar. My girlfriend was annoyed with what she thought the cashier was doing and it was my money. When questioned the cashier then tried to say I gave her 140 which just made me angry.
I agree in the moment it was annoying, just a poor experience now. I have no association with either bar mentioned and I do realise putting this on a forum will get differing reactions but if I have broken the rules then so be it and the thread can be closed or deleted. I believe the cashier was knowledgeable of what she was doing although it is possible she made an error, an error that begs whether she should be the cashier at all.
I just see it now as a one off as I have drunk there before without incident, I wont be back though.
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

hhfarang wrote:
I think you do rather well in keeping up the negative comment count.
I always try to do my share, thank you, but if you count back for a few months, I think you'll find more helpful or positive posts from me than negative and that quite a few of the negative ones have a smilly attached which usually means I am joking or being ironic. :wink:

Good man, do try and keep it up and who knows you might even end up liking living here
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Good man, do try and keep it up and who knows you might even end up liking living here
Not a chance unless we enter the next ice age before I die... :D
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

buksida wrote:
dozer wrote:I would imagine there have been quite a few businesses that have suffered through this type of venting.
And probably even more that have benefited from all the free promo!
I think you're on to something there, I might just go try this place, but won't bother with the promoted place.
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
The Immster
Novice
Novice

Post by The Immster »

I can understand your annoyance at this change dispute and reading between the lines I can see it was possibly the girls complete indifference to your situation that has upset you more?

There are, as you quite rightly point out considerations here:

1) Was it a genuine mistake? (Possible but maybe not?)
2) Was "losing face" involved? (Definitely!)
3) Does the owner know? (Doubtful?)
4) Does the business owner deserve to lose your business over this? (Absolutely not!)

It may be fair to consider the above and make one more visit to the Bar. Either wait to see if it happens again and then speak with the owner or just approach him and have a quiet word.

I have visited this Bar many times over the years and I know that the owner would appreciate your valued input. It would also be nice if you allowed the owner the opportunity to actually rectify this mistake/occurrence.

It seems to me that the owner is going to lose business through no fault of his own? Which I believe you will agree is somewhat unfair, if not unjust?

Also, to deprive yourself of a delightful little bar and possibly damage a hard working persons business, is not what I believe you want to do?

Go back and let the owner know what you have experienced. If it was me (which it is not) I would like the opportunity to learn of this and then if I could perhaps put it right for you? At the very least he will than be able to watch this girls actions and you will have a nice little bar again to nip in to.

Just my humble opinion.

Kind Regards,

The Immster :)
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

The Immster wrote:I can understand your annoyance at this change dispute and reading between the lines I can see it was possibly the girls complete indifference to your situation that has upset you more?

4) Does the business owner deserve to lose your business over this? (Absolutely not!)

It may be fair to consider the above and make one more visit to the Bar. Either wait to see if it happens again and then speak with the owner or just approach him and have a quiet word.

I have visited this Bar many times over the years and I know that the owner would appreciate your valued input. It would also be nice if you allowed the owner the opportunity to actually rectify this mistake/occurrence.

It seems to me that the owner is going to lose business through no fault of his own? Which I believe you will agree is somewhat unfair, if not unjust?

Also, to deprive yourself of a delightful little bar and possibly damage a hard working persons business, is not what I believe you want to do?

Go back and let the owner know what you have experienced. If it was me (which it is not) I would like the opportunity to learn of this and then if I could perhaps put it right for you? At the very least he will than be able to watch this girls actions and you will have a nice little bar again to nip in to.

Just my humble opinion.

Kind Regards,

+1
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

The Immster wrote:I can understand your annoyance at this change dispute and reading between the lines I can see it was possibly the girls complete indifference to your situation that has upset you more?

Just my humble opinion.

Kind Regards,

Well you have put it so eloquently and I can't disagree with your thought process.

I may do as you ask but I don't think my babe will go back, she was the one who originally thought there was something going on and I suppose I did back her up.

I may just go back and even have a word with the boss; sometimes as you say these things can be rectified by chatting over a beer.

Yes I have drunk there before and it is a nice bar.

In the cold light of day I suppose posting this thread was the wrong thing to do and if I ran a business I would want somebody to talk with me first. If I saw this thread I would probably think it not the best way forward and my original thoughts were of annoyance which led to me posting.

I don't go out much and it was just an experience that ruined a pleasant day. Something was amiss but I would like now to think that it was a mistake, I really do genuinely hope it was; my babe can't be convinced though but that is probably because to her 20 baht or so is money she would rather have in her pocket. If I do go I might even buy the cashier a drink if the boss is there as well, I don't like issues unresolved.

Will pop by sometime.

I did ask earlier that this thread be closed or deleted only as I think it could also have detrimental affects on the other bar I mentioned and in terms of both businesses I understand how difficult it can be to keep patronage. I could be wrong in fact and both bars may see more patronage as sometimes threads like this can spur people to see for themselves.

Appreciate your comments

[Mod edit: thread closed at the request of the OP]