Dates when no alcohol sold in Hua Hin

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Dates when no alcohol sold in Hua Hin

Post by margaretcarnes »

Even if bars do close for the 3 days isn't it no more than everyone has expected would happen? More importantly shouldn't expats join in and show their respect.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

STEVE G wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:46 pm
europtimiste wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:27 pm

I've also heard that it's going to be midnight closing from tomorrow until the 26th.
Right !!!! Does it make sense ???? For a better mourning after midnight ???? 555.....
jackdaniels
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jackdaniels »

I heard last night that bars are allowed to be open today. Anyone know? Is alcohol being sold? Is market village open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Yes bars are open.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Unbelievable. There are more bars closed today when there's no alcohol ban than when there is. So many people have ass-u-me-d without checking. The coffee shops in MV today had notices up saying 'Alcohol Free Day'. It seems not a lot of people checked.
We have a pool match tonight but the other team has closed the bar because 'they have to'. So what should be a normal 'bar opening' day has turned into a typical Buddha day.
Oh Well.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

There will always be scare/rumour/wind-up mongers (many will be very convincing). The only way is to wait for the official announcement.

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’m sure most have done it out of respect, not because they have to.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Really? Not from the people that were 'taken in' that I've spoken to. A Thai lady told me this afternoon that you don't close a business 'out of respect'. It's more respectful to carry on as normal therefore raising the image of Thailand. Her words not mine.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

I was surprised to find this afternoon that some bars were closed. Also a restaurant in West 94th street had shut their doors at ultra-short notice (even for food it seems) after reading some announcement at 2300h last night.

TIT - walked around town this afternoon and quite few bars were serving alcohol. Some closed I guess because they were scared, others were gung ho and just served, police motorcycles driving past uncaring. By 2000 or 2100h (maybe even earlier) it was pretty much business as usual.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Went to a restaurant last night at Surat Thani and we were told "sorry no beer today", which ok fine, but at the table next to us there were 3 Thai men drinking wine ????
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

joelle wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:49 am Went to a restaurant last night at Surat Thani and we were told "sorry no beer today", which ok fine, but at the table next to us there were 3 Thai men drinking wine ????
It's legal, you can bring your own bottle.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:08 pm There will always be scare/rumour/wind-up mongers (many will be very convincing). The only way is to wait for the official announcement.
It would help things along quite nicely if the official announcement would come with more than about 12 hours notice. Everybody that I spoke to about the issue, bar girls, hoteliers, staff at Family Mart... were all expecting Friday to be declared a dry day.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

As far as I know, notices and announcements are always given when bars are restricted. In this case, no announcements were made which usually means 'business as usual'. However, it only takes a phone call, which many people did whereas others just assumed. (Never assume as it only makes an ass out of u and me.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Have you guys looked at the link? :?

Points 41; Position 18