Dates when no alcohol sold in Hua Hin

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Dates when no alcohol sold in Hua Hin

Post by oakdale160 »

in Pattaya there was a hotel with a rooftop pool with a bar. you had to book at least the day before for their 'private party' on dry days you got tickets for buffet and 2 drinks.
OldMan_SE
Novice
Novice

Restrictions of alcohol in late October

Post by OldMan_SE »

We are a group of people planning to go to Huahin late October. Now I have heard a rumour about restrictions in selling alcohol and that bars will be closed in 9 days from the 23 October.
This is due to the late kings death in some way.

Does anybody has som insight in this that you can share?
I understand that theese kind of restrictions have been tried before but with no real effect.

Shall we be worried?

//Johan
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

What do you mean "in some way". Do a simple search on google and educate yourself on when the funeral will take place. This will be one of the biggest and most important event for the Thai population so expect heavy restrictions.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

You have to understand that the govt does not wish Foreigners to drink during these days.
You can, of course, make your own arrangements, buying beer or liquor beforehand and relax at your hotel.
A few back-street bars or bars out of town, where Thai people drink, may be open, but they are no fun.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

There is nothing on the internet at the moment that I can find indicating that the funeral period of October 25 to 29 will be dry days. The Gov. has said the ceremonies won't disrupt tourism to any great extent, but that doesn't mean there won't be an announcement closer to the time banning alcohol on some or all of the above dates, or if individual establishments will not sell out of respect. The only advice I can give at the moment is to stay tuned to Thai news for any updates as we get closer. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Do not visit Thailand at this period, if you are here go to Cambodia,
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

By the way, this may not be of any interest, but all the popular Bar girls will take the opportunity to visit their family in the Issan villages.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

This was the advisory issued by the government. Oct 26th is a Public Holiday. Read into 'hospitality businesses' what you like as it's not defined.

For the period of the Royal Cremation, we would like to inform all visitors to Thailand that they can continue with their travel plans as normal. All transportation, banks, tourism and hospitality businesses across Thailand will be operating as usual.
OldMan_SE
Novice
Novice

Post by OldMan_SE »

nil wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:32 pm What do you mean "in some way". Do a simple search on google and educate yourself on when the funeral will take place. This will be one of the biggest and most important event for the Thai population so expect heavy restrictions.
Yes my bad, I should have googled first before I posted. Sorry for that and no intention to be disrespectful.

After getting the info regarding the reason I do understand that it will be a special time and that respect must be paid due to the funeral period.

Thank you all for your input.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

[Mod Edit] oakdale, if you need to discuss golf, we have a golf forum set up just for that purpose. Comment deleted.
happyslicer2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by happyslicer2 »

Hoping to travel in June 18 to Hua Hin (no specific dates yet). Are there any dates which should be avoided as there is a crowd of us and we all like to drink and party....who doesn't though!!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The moderators have locked the thread about the arrangements for the coming solemn events===this is quite understandable. Many HHAD posters are only concerned about how their social life will be affected. So I am re-opening this "polite" tread. No editorializing, just the open/closed facts.
I understand that Oct 13 will be a holiday---my guess is that this will be a dry day. Correct?
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

oakdale160 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:06 am The moderators have locked the thread about the arrangements for the coming solemn events===this is quite understandable. Many HHAD posters are only concerned about how their social life will be affected. So I am re-opening this "polite" tread. No editorializing, just the open/closed facts.
I understand that Oct 13 will be a holiday---my guess is that this will be a dry day. Correct?
Last year it wasn't, so why this year ? Maybe bars will close but alcohol will be available in shops.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Guys, can you please stop discussing this event. Notification will be given in the correct thread when it is known what is happening.

Nobody knows yet, and any discussion would be no more than speculation.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Karl
Novice
Novice

Post by Karl »

There are so many rumors about which days alcohol sales are stopped in Thailand during October 2017.
Have someone who owns a bar, restaurant or likly received information from the authorities on what days it is not allowed to sell alcohol and can give me an answer.
Grateful for answers. :-)
( I have try google but can't find anything that can be trusted)