Vicious Thai gangs at Songkran

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Vicious Thai gangs at Songkran

Post by usual suspect »

6 Thai men in custody, CCTV footage has FINALLY been submitted to the court.
All these men known by H.H. Mib..all from 'powerful' Hua Hin families...
..I will not say to much here, but the handling of this case has many similarities to what you've all heard about
regarding the Kho Tao investigations... :tsk: :tsk:

(Amazing how some bars next to the SOC have been helpful & supportive.. :cheers: But one bar it seems is
defending/supporting these attackers!)

If you've ever felt safe going home in the early hours.. think again..these gangs are out there.
As Lung Per correctly stated..try be home before midnight here now..Good advice..Take heed!

As for me I now have serious thoughts about leaving Dodge for good..& for my health!
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Glad they got the little feckwits. Doubt much punishment will be served, mind.

Unfortunately, regarding incidents like this, it's going to get worse.

When out and about driving around Hua Hin, how many westerners do you see? Loads. We're everywhere. Now think about how much Thai's enjoy seeing their town swarming with westerners.

Put it in roles reversed. Picture whichever town you came from in England. Imagine that town being slowly swamped with more and more foreigners. An majority of which, neither care much for the language nor the culture. What would you think about it?

Generally, these feelings will just be bottled up by normal folk but...

... we all know that young Thai lads with their swagger of self-importance - aren't normal folk.

:blues:
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I know that I am repeating myself BUT here I go again.
How many of these sort of incidents do you see or read about BEFORE MIDNIGHT, how many do you see or read about AFTER MIDNIGHT.
A. to Q1 Almost none
A. to Q2 Many, many , many
This is true of any area where alcohol is served
SO---go out early and be home or in your hotel by midnight.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

oakdale160 wrote: SO---go out early and be home or in your hotel by midnight.
You can just see it, can't you. Prayut Cha Cha Cha's next TV apearance gem...

"In light of recent events involving foreigners being attacked in the early hours, we (the stick holder) are putting in place a midnight curfew for all visitors that have a nose longer than a baby carrot, nostrils smaller than a hula hoop and hair on their legs. We are confident that this action will see a decrease in attacks on foreigners after midnight. We are determined to keep vistors safe and will continue stamping down on tourists who attract undesirable action towards them"

The Prime Minister finished with...

"If any visitors are unhappy with the new curfew, they are welcome to join in some attitude adjustment sessions free of charge".
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

GLCQuantum wrote:Glad they got the little feckwits. Doubt much punishment will be served, mind.

Unfortunately, regarding incidents like this, it's going to get worse.

When out and about driving around Hua Hin, how many westerners do you see? Loads. We're everywhere. Now think about how much Thai's enjoy seeing their town swarming with westerners.

Put it in roles reversed. Picture whichever town you came from in England. Imagine that town being slowly swamped with more and more foreigners. An majority of which, neither care much for the language nor the culture. What would you think about it?

Generally, these feelings will just be bottled up by normal folk but...

... we all know that young Thai lads with their swagger of self-importance - aren't normal folk.

:blues:
And for how many of these Thai's is it "their" town if we wasen't here ? ,when I visit Hua Hin in 1983 there were not so many farang or thai ,many of these woulden't be here without us.How many do you think would stay if we all leave ?

:cheers: :cheers:
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

With no disrespect, bsdk1960, I think GLCQuantum has a valid point here. So many Europeans complain about people from other countries moving to theirs without any plans of assimilation or adapting to their new cultures. So many westerners in Thailand who do exactly the same.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

I was just making a point that most of these thai people woulden't be here if there wasen't so many farangs here,didn't comment on the about the immigration in other contries .

STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

bsdk1960 wrote:I was just making a point that most of these thai people woulden't be here if there wasen't so many farangs here,didn't comment on the about the immigration in other contries .

Yes, apart from pineapples and a bit of squid fishing, I don't think there would be much money in Hua Hin if you removed tourism.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

STEVE G wrote:Yes, apart from pineapples and a bit of squid fishing, I don't think there would be much money in Hua Hin if you removed tourism.
Good point, but I think around 80% of HH tourism is Thai and not foreigner-based.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

To contiue the reverse scenario--What if the loacal English girls were offerering themselves so freely to the immigrants, wouldn't the local boys feel rejected and make them angry. The bar area is the center of all this.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

oakdale160 wrote:To contiue the reverse scenario--What if the loacal English girls were offerering themselves so freely to the immigrants, wouldn't the local boys feel rejected and make them angry. The bar area is the center of all this.
Have you ever been to Leicester? :wink:
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

why I am in Thailand I pay for my housing health care food drink electric water education for my kids if I have no money I starve people who go to Europe expect everything for nothing that's a big difference
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

stretch wrote:why I am in Thailand I pay for my housing health care food drink electric water education for my kids if I have no money I starve people who go to Europe expect everything for nothing that's a big difference

SOME do. Don't tar the majority with the minority. The vast majority come to the UK to work or study.

Of those immigrants in the UK who claim some sort of benefit, 66% are also in work. The vast majority of claimants are British and rightly so. It's a myth that all or most of immigrants to Britain/Europe are there to claim welfare. The complete opposite is true.
stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

YES some come for work the poles great people but for every 1 pole there are 10 scroungers from the rest of the world
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Vicious Thai gangs at Songkran

Post by Felipesed1 »

I wonder what all those "refugees" at Calais are doing?

Refusing to be processed in France, and trying to illegally gain entrance to the UK.

They are not coming for the weather.

It is the handouts obviously, while British pensioners are shabbily treated by their own government

It is not a myth that that these illegal immigrants choose the UK for the generous benefits, but an undeniable fact.