Vicious Thai gangs at Songkran

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Vicious Thai gangs at Songkran

Post by GLCQuantum »

Exactly, this was a serious issue but lets not take it out of context
I think it really just illuminates how pathetically inadequate our 'justice' system is back home.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

But remember maybe they had a deprived childhood or no one loved them or they had no sugar in their tea this morning
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

StevePIraq wrote:But remember maybe they had a deprived childhood or no one loved them or they had no sugar in their tea this morning
:lach:

You've just nailed, 'England's Perception of Criminals', in a single sentence.

:cheers:
StuartandFon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by StuartandFon »

I was really shocked to read this.
mbutt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mbutt »

Just read this from a Thai website:

[snip]Hua Hin Songkran Festival 2012

This year Hua Hin Songkran Festival is organized by Hua Hin Municipality with the concept of paying gratitude to elders and fostering traditional Thai culture and takes place during 12 - 14 April.

Songkran Festival is the Thai traditional New Year taking place on April 13 of every year. On this day, the younger people will visit their elder relatives with a metal bowl floated with colorful petals, scented candles and small branch of pomegranate tree for sprinkling over elderly persons to express their good wishes.

Most of elderly persons will bless them back and give them a handkerchief or fruits in return.
[/snip]
... with the concept of paying gratitude to elders
In context with this posting, I could not resist posting this
mbutt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mbutt »

They got 2 years in a Thai prison.

Well, I have only documentaries to go on, but Thai prisons are not the nicest place to spend 2 years, correct?

At least they will get the chance to hone these "deadly Martial Art skills" (smirk)
They will also get the chance to live out their "feminine side"

Does having a criminal record in Thailand have the same lasting stigma as having one in the UK? (i.e needs to be declared to potential employers for certain occupations for a number of years, even if considered spent)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

mbutt wrote:Just read this from a Thai website:

[snip]Hua Hin Songkran Festival 2012

This year Hua Hin Songkran Festival is organized by Hua Hin Municipality with the concept of paying gratitude to elders and fostering traditional Thai culture and takes place during 12 - 14 April.

Songkran Festival is the Thai traditional New Year taking place on April 13 of every year. On this day, the younger people will visit their elder relatives with a metal bowl floated with colorful petals, scented candles and small branch of pomegranate tree for sprinkling over elderly persons to express their good wishes.

Most of elderly persons will bless them back and give them a handkerchief or fruits in return.
[/snip]
... with the concept of paying gratitude to elders
In context with this posting, I could not resist posting this
Yes, I can confirm that it definitely still happens in our household.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

BACKPACK ATTACK Brit tourists ‘kicked and punched by gang armed with metal bars’ in Thailand
LOCALS tried to stop the men during their brutal attack in backpackers hotspot in Bangkok

Another video circulating the western press.

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1629227/b ... -thailand/
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Read the full story, not just the shi^# the Sun posts, they were denied access to the hotel as they were reported as being already drunk. Yes the bouncers were wrong, bouncers should not attack people just protect patrons and property. Same anywhere but most bouncers are yobs wherever one goes.

The bouncers have been fined, lost their jobs and got 1 year suspended sentences, the tourists got 10k compensation each.

Two sides to every story.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Therefore please post the link to the "other side of the story".........
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

This is one source, I also saw elsewhere. Lets be realistic, do you really think four bouncers would lay into a group of guys for no reason. I don't support bouncers in any way I have seen too many bad ones especially in the UK, Spain and Australia. Hotels and Clubs know this is bad for business so I doubt they condone it.
[Mod Edit] Links to rival forums not permitted.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Ooops you've used the unmentionable forum as a source! Shame on you.... lol
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I will now go and stand in the corner for an hour in penance. :tsk: :bow:
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Other forums are not "News Sources", their information is as invalid and unqualified as anything you read on here or on social media, please use official news sources when posting news stories on the news section of this forum.

For those interested the original story was published here: http://news.sanook.com/2050098/ More here: http://www.thairath.co.th/content/693622

And video here:

StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

The other forum clearly stated the source was Thairath.

Unless you witness it yourself it is always invalid and unqualified, the same with all news sources.