Vicious Thai gangs at Songkran

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Vicious Thai gangs at Songkran

Post by usual suspect »

Last night the Songkran water festivities kicked off in big style around town..the largest concentration of revellers was around the Binta-block square of bars with thousands of Thais flocking in to enjoy to loud dance music, water, paste and the general feel-good atmosphere..BUT:-
By the end of the night (around 2.am) as the bar's customers were leaving, gangs of Thai youths were priming themselves to start punching Westerners..!
Small groups were scatterred at various places..all with the intention of attacking Tourists.
(At this point I may add that a friend & his Thai lady was walking thru' the streets back to their car..neither had been drinking..it was HER that ushered him along after she'd heard these youths planning to attack their next victims that were approaching).
The girls in the bar I was in all night waved goodbye to 2 elderly customers & their son, & my wife & I followed only seconds after them.
Within 20/30 meters of leaving the bar the Thais were punching the 65yr old lady in the face!! The elderly gentleman was down on the floor, & their son was beaten very badly..!!!
At this point I caught up to the scene and pushed one of the youths away from the woman...I got severly punched & kicked for my troubles, but felt the need to protect this frail lady.
The 3 of them are still hospitalised, & I will need cosmetic dental work done, but the message I'm trying to say here is

PLEASE BE ON YOUR GUARD IF VENTURING THRU' THE BAR AREA LATE THIS EVENING..THESE THUGS MAY
RETURN TONIGHT!

Not one person (other than myself) came to aid these old folk, & they ended up laid in the road bleeding..so if you're
still out in the wee hours tonight please be alert. These pockets of youths were intent on causing harm, & did blend in with all others beforehand.

(We are hoping one of the many cameras around the end of Binta will have picked up this incident..HH police are checking)
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Vicious Thai gangs at Songkran

Post by HHTel »

Used the wrong username again. See post below! :oops:
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Sorry to here you got injured mate but bloody well done for stepping in! I would think tonight will be a lot quieter as it generally is on the second night, so hopefully these idiots will not be back.

Stay safe folks.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dreadful news/story - hope the victims recover well and those tw@ts responsible brought to justice..... unfortunately the latter highly unlikely IMHO (will the MIB really investigate/act on CCTV?). :roll:

Fair play to you for trying to stop things....

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Crikey! Glad I stayed in last night. The plan was to do Songkran on Binta as it's usually fairly tame to start with. Hope you get better soon mate, anything you need just call.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Disgusting act on elderly foke just trying to enjoy the festivities. Well done buddy for having a go at protecting them but it could have been far worse for you. As the Police can't be everywhere maybe next year you should chat to other bar owners and maybe all chip in to get some private security for the comfort and safety of the patrons and revellers around the Binta block or demand more policing.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

The BIB were out in force standing in front of the police station watching and doing nothing.
They let a few big pick up trucks drive around the narrow sois of bintabaht which was packed so full of people it took 30 minutes to walk across the small intercection in front of El Murphy's. Very tense at one point with pushing and shoving with no where to go. Of course everything was set up impede foot traffic. no police anywhere.
i left at 1:15am. drunk Thais in front of the police station. :)
i did notice thai boys were rubbing talcum powder with some sort of menthol so my face was burning, had to wash it off. not the same as being beaten.

sorry to hear about these people. too bad Bintabaht is not near a police station.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

usual suspect wrote:Last night the Songkran water festivities kicked off in big style around town..the largest concentration of revellers was around the Binta-block square of bars with thousands of Thais flocking in to enjoy to loud dance music, water, paste and the general feel-good atmosphere..BUT:-
By the end of the night (around 2.am) as the bar's customers were leaving, gangs of Thai youths were priming themselves to start punching Westerners..!
Small groups were scatterred at various places..all with the intention of attacking Tourists.
(At this point I may add that a friend & his Thai lady was walking thru' the streets back to their car..neither had been drinking..it was HER that ushered him along after she'd heard these youths planning to attack their next victims that were approaching).
The girls in the bar I was in all night waved goodbye to 2 elderly customers & their son, & my wife & I followed only seconds after them.
Within 20/30 meters of leaving the bar the Thais were punching the 65yr old lady in the face!! The elderly gentleman was down on the floor, & their son was beaten very badly..!!!
At this point I caught up to the scene and pushed one of the youths away from the woman...I got severly punched & kicked for my troubles, but felt the need to protect this frail lady.
The 3 of them are still hospitalised, & I will need cosmetic dental work done, but the message I'm trying to say here is

PLEASE BE ON YOUR GUARD IF VENTURING THRU' THE BAR AREA LATE THIS EVENING..THESE THUGS MAY
RETURN TONIGHT!

Not one person (other than myself) came to aid these old folk, & they ended up laid in the road bleeding..so if you're
still out in the wee hours tonight please be alert. These pockets of youths were intent on causing harm, & did blend in with all others beforehand.

(We are hoping one of the many cameras around the end of Binta will have picked up this incident..HH police are checking)
can you say which bar? just wondering. i want to measure the distance from the bar to the front door of the police station on google maps.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

It was outside Tina bar & Mama Mia Bar, almost on the corner of Poolsuk & Binta James.
PeteB
Professional
Professional

Post by PeteB »

Good on you for stepping in u/s. :bow:

It is a crying shame that it seems to be going over the top - as does the actions of a few folk! My sympathies to all involved and I will forgive you if your mouth is too sore to kiss me :oops: when I see you.

Can't make any real constructive comments - just beware, this violence seems to be on the increase.

Cheers and best wishes to all

Peter
If a Yorkshireman puts his hand in his pocket - fret not!
He'll just be checking his ferret.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

usual suspect wrote: Small groups were scatterred at various places..all with the intention of attacking Tourists.
Hmmm... If so many people were in the Bintabaht area at that time, how come there aren't more first hand reports? Wouldn't this be all over facebook? With videos?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

There are Thai Facebook reports about the trouble, including vehicles being burnt. Of course, Facebook can't be quoted as a reliable news source.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

This is such a horrible story, I would expect to see this in Pattaya, but Hua Hin is far from Pattaya in my eyes. I would never expect to hear a story like this and its really quite sad. I consider Hua Hin my second home and love it but can't believe teenagers would be doing this, so pathetic...
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Big Boy wrote:There are Thai Facebook reports about the trouble, including vehicles being burnt. Of course, Facebook can't be quoted as a reliable news source.
Nor can this thread.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, you are correct. However, unless there is a business making money out of horrific make-overs, and elderly Farangs serving as models, the 'sick' photographs published on Facebook of the victims, together with photos of burning vehicles was enough for me to believe what has been said is true. Maybe I'm just gullible.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18