Which month has the best full moon party?

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
HarleBen
Amateur
Amateur

Which month has the best full moon party?

Post by HarleBen » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:46 pm

I along with my few other friends are planning to go to Thailand, Bangkok early September. I have heard the best full moon party is always in September. Is it true? if yes, then why? Shouldn't all full moon parties be same?

Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Which month has the best full moon party?

Post by Khundon1975 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:31 pm

The best Full Moon party in Thailand is the one you live through and survive to tell the tale.
This applies to any month of the year IMHO.
:cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.

dtaai-maai
Addict
Addict

Post by dtaai-maai » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:25 pm

HarleBen wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:46 pm
I along with my few other friends are planning to go to Thailand, Bangkok early September. I have heard the best full moon party is always in September. Is it true? if yes, then why? Shouldn't all full moon parties be same?
Sounds a bit like a wind-up, but I'll treat it as a serious question.

To answer with any authority, one would have to have been to a full moon party at least once in every month, and I don't know anyone daft enough to have done so. I can't see any reason why September should be any different from other months.

The best known parties are on Koh Pha Ngan, which is a very long way from Bangkok.
along with my few other friends
:mrgreen:
Cry ‘God for Harry, England, and St George!’

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:35 am

I haven't been to any of the full moon parties for about the last five or six years now, but prior to that, I went on numerous occasions. I'm not sure if any I attended were in the month of September, but in my opinion, they are pretty much the same regardless of when you go.

If you've never been to one in the past, I'm sure you and your mates will enjoy the experience, but don't expect too much. Contrary to what you may have read or been told, the full moon parties are as wild and crazy as might think they are. Yes, lots of people, lots of drinking, and lot's of very loud music, but still, nothing too crazy. They have been toned down a lot over the year. These days, the full moon parties are just big outdoor "piss ups."

Still, if you've never been to one before then you'll probably have a blast unless the government has totally ruined them but forcing early closing and etc.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact