Another cowardly farang bashing in Hua Hin

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
RCer
Guru
Guru

Re: Another cowardly farang bashing in Hua Hin

Post by RCer » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:04 pm

Spitfire wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:15 pm
You screw with them and you are fair game...like everyone else.
Couldn't have said it better, myself.

404cameljockey
Professional
Professional

Post by 404cameljockey » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:57 pm

Hiding your irritation at other people and their words and actions is actually the only way that face to face social interactions can take place without friction. Thais should be commended for it if they generally do it well, and that's not being an apologist. One just shouldn't mistake it for friendship. The farang 'don't you know who I am?' kind of shitty attitude towards people of a lower social or work station is no doubt a root cause of locals' resentment, going back however many years you like. Thais also resent the HiSo attitudes of monied locals, but that's not the issue in question in this thread.

RCer hits a nail on the head when he points out the abrasive actions of some farang. Whether it's in a supermarket or a bar doesn't matter, except the outcome at 2 am is likely to be a little different.

oakdale160
Legend
Legend

Post by oakdale160 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:32 am

You do have to consider the venue. There have been a number of incidents in that bar area. I for my own part have never seen any farang/Thai fights in the bars at 5 star hotels or in golf club houses.