Ladyboy Bars

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
SPONSORS: Players Pool Tables : Thailand Pool Tables
happyslicer2
Rookie
Rookie

Ladyboy Bars

Post by happyslicer2 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:14 pm

Any bars that are solely for or are predominantly populated by ladyboys? I will be going to Hua Hin soon and will have my son with me and want to make sure we can avoid these places. He had a bad experience with one in Phuket...think its still giving him nightmares.

nanyang
Professional
Professional

Re: Ladyboy Bars

Post by nanyang » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:11 pm

Guvnor, you're 'avin a larf.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:43 am

Maybe you need something similar to this before entering a bar :)
https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/bangko ... boys-room/
League 1 - Bradford City....0 Plymouth Argyle....1 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Points 14; Position 24

404cameljockey
Guru
Guru

Post by 404cameljockey » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:23 am

I hear they can be quite aggressive if you rub them up the wrong way (you know what I mean). But you do make him sound a bit of a snowflake?

Anyway I hope he enjoys HH, it's tamer/quieter than Phuket. :D

oakdale160
Legend
Legend

Post by oakdale160 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:09 am

A few bars who have several girls to "entertain" their clientele also have a resident ladyboy. He/she is there to entertain those looking for that type of activity but also as a "Security" worker protecting the girls and they do this very well.

StevePIraq
Legend
Legend

Post by StevePIraq » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:17 am

If worried about lady boys why take your son to a bar that is full of women for sale.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:34 am

404cameljockey wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:23 am
Anyway I hope he enjoys HH, it's tamer/quieter than Phuket. :D
They used to chase my son all of the time whilst here in Hua Hin on holiday. We always kept a (distant) eye on on him. All part of growing up in Thailand. He soon learnt how to deal with them. One of his tactics was to grab them between the legs and announce if they still had meat & 2 veg.

Once they know you're not afraid of them, they don't bother you so much.

It is all part of life in Thailand - no point going into denial.
League 1 - Bradford City....0 Plymouth Argyle....1 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Points 14; Position 24

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:50 am

Well said BB, it is all part of life here in Thailand, and seriously, if the OP's son gets so freaked out, then I would suggest spending the evening at Market Village rather than at Bintabaht. :D

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact

Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:17 pm

Reading between the lines.... there's a bar in Bintabaht that's pretty full of ladyboys. Can't remember the name of it... but it's opposite C69 bar, so you can go there. And, as Oakdale has mentioned there are lots of bars around where you can find a ladyboy or two. They're pretty easy to spot, anyway. Good luck.

To answer the question as it was actually asked, there's a bar in Bintabaht that's pretty full of ladyboys. Can't remember the name of it... but it's opposite C69 bar, so avoid that one. And, as Oakdale has mentioned there are lots of bars around where you can find a ladyboy or two. They're pretty easy to spot, anyway, so if you're feeling uncomfortable in any given bar, drink up and leave quickly.