After hours drinking establishments

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
SPONSORS: Players Pool Tables : Thailand Pool Tables
Post Reply
teddyboom
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:45 am

Re: Hua Hin Bintabaht area nightlife map update

Post by teddyboom » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:40 am

Are there other places in Hua Hin Besides the hilton disco to have a drink after closingtime of the regular bars?

teddyboom
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:45 am

Re: After hours drinking establishments

Post by teddyboom » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:08 am

Thanks moderator BTW

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3321
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:55 pm
Location: Bo Fai

Re: After hours drinking establishments

Post by Takiap » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:30 am

Yes, there's a Thai nightclub place directly over the road from Big C. It has received a fair amount of bad press on here in the past, but as long as you don't try to chat up some guy's girlfriend, and you don't become an arrogant idiot after a few drinks, you should be okay.


Another popular place seems to be Hi4 out near Soi 6. You will also find a few other little places open after hours in the area, but don't expect anything too crazy.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact

User avatar
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru
Posts: 851
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Re: After hours drinking establishments

Post by J.J.B. » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:56 pm

How about further along from the Hilton, to the “karaoke” bars? Cat Bar and Super Club are a few I’ve been to until around 4am as recently as two months ago. It’s important to go in a group though, if you can, and have your wits about you as there are tales on here about things quickly getting out of hand.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde

User avatar
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 4496
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: England

Re: After hours drinking establishments

Post by redzonerocker » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:17 pm

J.J.B. wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:56 pm
How about further along from the Hilton, to the “karaoke” bars? Cat Bar and Super Club are a few I’ve been to until around 4am as recently as two months ago. It’s important to go in a group though, if you can, and have your wits about you as there are tales on here about things quickly getting out of hand.
Plenty of bars there these days compared to years ago.
I go there alone every time I'm in town, sometimes until the sun comes up!
Considering the amount of bars there and the fact they operate the hours they do, trouble is pretty minimal, if at all.
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

User avatar
404cameljockey
Guru
Guru
Posts: 730
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:14 am

Re: After hours drinking establishments

Post by 404cameljockey » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:07 pm

Takiap wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:30 am
Yes, there's a Thai nightclub place directly over the road from Big C. It has received a fair amount of bad press on here in the past, but as long as you don't try to chat up some guy's girlfriend, and you don't become an arrogant idiot after a few drinks, you should be okay.


Another popular place seems to be Hi4 out near Soi 6. You will also find a few other little places open after hours in the area, but don't expect anything too crazy.

:cheers:
I was told only yesterday that the place opposite Big C is really fun with good live Thai music, loud and with people dancing on the tables and so on. Get there 10.30 or later, but leave by 1.00 am to miss the unofficial Thai boxing!

And I think the reason we live in HH is that there's nothing 'too crazy". :)

teddyboom
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:45 am

Re: After hours drinking establishments

Post by teddyboom » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:21 am

keep um coming pls :)

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3321
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:55 pm
Location: Bo Fai

Re: After hours drinking establishments

Post by Takiap » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:04 am

404cameljockey wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:07 pm
Takiap wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:30 am
Yes, there's a Thai nightclub place directly over the road from Big C. It has received a fair amount of bad press on here in the past, but as long as you don't try to chat up some guy's girlfriend, and you don't become an arrogant idiot after a few drinks, you should be okay.


Another popular place seems to be Hi4 out near Soi 6. You will also find a few other little places open after hours in the area, but don't expect anything too crazy.

:cheers:
I was told only yesterday that the place opposite Big C is really fun with good live Thai music, loud and with people dancing on the tables and so on. Get there 10.30 or later, but leave by 1.00 am to miss the unofficial Thai boxing!


And I think the reason we live in HH is that there's nothing 'too crazy". :)

Yes, there are scuffles there from time to time, but always personal disputes between locals. Like I said, if you don't turn into an arrogant fool after a few drinks you'll be alright. I've heard a lot of bad stories and warning about drinking with Thai, but I have done so countless times and I have never once had any problems. In fact, I have always been made to feel very welcome, and more often than not, if a group of locals see you are alone, they will invite you to join them. Just keep your nose out of sensitive subjects such as politics and etc.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact

User avatar
404cameljockey
Guru
Guru
Posts: 730
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:14 am

Re: After hours drinking establishments

Post by 404cameljockey » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:52 pm

I'm with you Takiap. I've done some after hours drinking in lock-ins at small bars after the shutters are down and never had problems, but then again my smile is legendary. :)

User avatar
huahin4ever
Professional
Professional
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:07 pm
Location: Hua Hin

Re: After hours drinking establishments

Post by huahin4ever » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:38 pm

I've heard that "Bang" bar which was the bar with live music in Prapokklao Road going to Soi 68, has moved to the old saxophone lounge location in Soi 94. I've also heard, but cannot confirm, that they have after hours drinking.
"Two possibilities exist:
Either we are alone in the universe or we are not.
Both are equally terrifying."
Arthur C. Clarke

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cookie102 and 6 guests