Thai Expat TV

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Thai Expat TV

Post by dtaai-maai »

Hi Thai Expat TV - before your post is deleted by a mod, I'd like to say that all you've achieved by making 10 worthless posts in 5 minutes just so that you can post links to promote your service is to seriously piss off many regular members, thus losing yourself potential customers.

A genuine business would have paid for advertising or become a sponsor - it's not rocket science.
This is the way
thaiexpattv
Amateur
Amateur

Post by thaiexpattv »

We understand your concerns dtaai-maai, and really hope we didn't offend any of the forum members. Although we did see some questions that needed to be addressed and saw 10 forum posts were required to post the reference links. Without posting the external links our reply would have been worthless, we have already removed the link that goes directly to our website.

We did not specifically come to make a post to advertise our services, it was to answer some questions, although would be interested in advertising, so if anyone from the forum could contact us with some rates, that would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Thai Expat TV
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

To advertise formally on this forum, please contact Admin http://www.huahinmedia.com/huahinforum.php . You will see that rates are very competitive, and packages are designed to meet a variety of circumstances.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
H2ODunc
Professional
Professional

Post by H2ODunc »

A friend went and bought the box and it has stopped working. no answer from the company and he also emailed the BBC to ask whether this was legal and was told the BBC does not sanction nor allow the broadcast of its programs via this method so would say that was a big fat NO !
I never forget a face but in your case I'll make an exception!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

After further discussions (and a further free trial) with the company, I did eventually take out a 'laptop' package at 600 Baht per month. Apart from a bit of Internet trouble on day 1, mine has been perfect. However, I now know that if your Internet speed drops below 3000kbps, then forget it - it will not work.

Points 51; Position 21
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Came across this site which is worth a read regarding accessing UK/European TV & Satellite programs: -

http://www.uktvabroad.info/index.html

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

THai Expat TV

Post by StevePIraq »

Anyone using or used ThaiExpat TV ?

It looks interesting, set top box for use with TV or software for use with pc.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Big Boy

Re: THai Expat TV

Post by Big Boy »

I'm merging this with an existing thread.

Yes, I'm using it. After a couple of hiccups at the beginning, I think it's fantastic - wouldn't want to be without it.

Points 51; Position 21
buksida

Post by buksida »

Watching the Olympic opening ceremony with this system right now (BBC +6) - works like a dream!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Anyone got this plugged up to a tv?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I've just been watching the opening ceremony on my main TV - connected via my laptop through an HDMI cable. Excellent!!

Points 51; Position 21
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

JG, the trial is absolutely free - no obligation. Sign up, and see it for yourself - it works very well, and compared to other TV packages around, it is very cheap.

Points 51; Position 21
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

I have an OPENBOX S10 HD PVR. Can't get anything since the switchover... Image Is it now consigned to the scrapheap?

Found this thread which suggests that the way forward is IPTV streamed over the web... http://www.satellitetvforum.net/showthr ... ht=openbox I assume that is what Thai Expat TV is?

Looking at the channels on their site, my only interest is in certain Sports.. cricket, rugby, Golf Channel and that's about it. Just on the off chance, does Thai Expat TV give you any Thai channels? I'm aware of thailivetv.com
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Mr P, as I said to JG, sign up for the free trial. You will be under no obligation to continue beyond the free trial, and that way you will be able to see what it can offer and decide upon its usefulness for yourself.

Points 51; Position 21
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Big Boy wrote:Mr P, as I said to JG, sign up for the free trial. You will be under no obligation to continue beyond the free trial, and that way you will be able to see what it can offer and decide upon its usefulness for yourself.
Sensible suggestion. Thank you.