Very Clever Hologram

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Very Clever Hologram

Post by kendo »

Check out this very clever hologram of the rapper Tupac singing live on stage with Snoop Dogg on the 17 april.

Now this gangsta rapper was shot dead almost 16 years ago in the East Coast, West Coast rivalry , the reason i am posting it on here is this made the main stream news back here in the UK not the fact that i am into this type of music i just think it might be of interest.

Warning some graphic lyrics in this content

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Re: Very Clever Hologram

Post by BaaBaa. »

It's brilliant isn't it, they do similar in Japan, full blown concerts with Anime characters.
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

I've been following this technology for a while now. The Japs have already created Anime/Avatar pop stars, some of the concerts I have seen are spectacular. I really hope that some try to avail themselves to the real artists of our generation and get shown up for the fakes they really are. Let's face it, unless you are really worth commanding a stage persona with Elvis, why would you consider it worth while just because technology allows you to ride off the backs of these (NOW) immortal artists.

I can see the music industry just creating male/female, sex bomb (anime) artists for us to buy, without paying the artist for the work they have done. After all, the anime is just a computer generated visual, the music and vocal is just dubbed, you only have to pay a one off fee for that. Standard rates apply, please leave your recording with our receptionist, we will get back to you. Music has always been about the media wanting to sell popular music. the internet has started to slow that down somewhat. This new tech could put the ball into the court of the media industry even more so.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Virtual bands already exist for example Damon Albarn from Blur has a virtual band called Gorillaz take a look
and Fat Boy Slim records under various guises.

The possibilities of this hologram technology is awsome just imagine Freddy Mercury back with Queen or John Lennon back with the Beatles, their could be an amazing list of famous people that deceased well before their sell by date, recaptured for all generations to enjoy.

GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Thanks for that Kendo. I'd forgotton about the Gorrilaz - and that specific song.

That hologram or whatever is awesome. I think it's game to be honest... if the people enjoy the performance 'it' gives on stage, then why not? Probably has more spunk and personality than the regurgitated crap we currently see in the pop world.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Here is a video on how they do this very clever in my opinion

In Japan they Have virtual pop stars and people go and see full concerts.

Kendo. :cheers: :cheers:

BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

I'm sure somebody mentioned it a few posts up Kendo. :laugh:
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

kendo wrote:Virtual bands already exist for example Damon Albarn from Blur has a virtual band called Gorillaz take a look
and Fat Boy Slim records under various guises.

The possibilities of this hologram technology is awesome just imagine Freddy Mercury back with Queen or John Lennon back with the Beatles, their could be an amazing list of famous people that deceased well before their sell by date, recaptured for all generations to enjoy.

Now take a look at this, Les Dawson was a very funny Northern comedian that was a household name when i was growing up. Sadly he had a heart attack and died in hospital more than twenty year ago leaving his wife and eight month old daughter.

Les was Planning the biggest gig of his career "An audience with Les Dawson" before passing away. This hologram technology has been used to make that show more than twenty years later and that baby girl now in her twenty's (and very fit :D ) will see her daddy for the first and very last time preform on stage.

I am fascinated with this technology and the boundaries could be endless, but this is also a moving story that i wish to share.

Warning to anyone that takes offense to men dressing up as women (i know their is at least one board member) please note Les does. :thumb: