TOP GEAR

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Re: TOP GEAR

Post by lindosfan1 »

I thought it was not a patch on the old top gear. The personalities are boring and it is a British programme, it does not need American presenters.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Watched it yesterday, dont think I'll bother with another one.

Here was the reaction from the old crew ...
13315380_10154086143246136_3319998205225354043_n.jpg
13315380_10154086143246136_3319998205225354043_n.jpg (23.74 KiB) Viewed 1667 times
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Let's face it

John Cleese said after doing 12 episodes of Fawlty Towers, that he would never do any more, as he could not improve on the original.

Why the Beeb had to pursue their stupidity by re-launching TG with that ginger mopped tosspot is beyond me. They should have let TG die gracefully.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Terry wrote:Let's face it

John Cleese said after doing 12 episodes of Fawlty Towers, that he would never do any more, as he could not improve on the original.

Why the Beeb had to pursue their stupidity by re-launching TG with that ginger mopped tosspot is beyond me. They should have let TG die gracefully.
I guess it comes down to money, as the old TG was making the Beeb a fortune with world sales, but can't see that continuing if the first episode of the new format is anything to go by - I managed to watch it from beginning to end just to see if it got any better, but doubt I shall watch it again.
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

CE is past his prime. He was cutting edge on TFI Friday and Don't Forget Your Toothbrush, which preceded it, on a young Channel 4 in the early 90s but those times are now gone. MLB I'm a huge fan of and especially in Episodes where his character is genius. I also love Top Gear and this was no Top Gear. It's very pale by comparison and thoroughly pointless as far as I can work out.

There were many cues to the original but none of the spark and it created an utterly false premise. I shall not rush to watch the next one but if you want to witness a real hackneyed formula being beaten to death, try watching Extra Gear on BBC digital...if you dare. Nothing more vapid have I ever set my eyes upon; couldn't watch more than a few minutes.

Bring on the old crew later this year on Amazon.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Is it the end for Top Gear?

It lost more than a third of its viewers for the second episode, pulling in a pretty pathetic 2.8 million viewers. They do say that this number could rise considerably with the consolidation of the online viewers, though.

On Extra Gear we get to see Chris Evans crying this week when driving the car of his dreams - the McLaren F1. To be fair, it does show how passionate he is about cars.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

GLCQuantum wrote: To be fair...
Nah, let's not! :laugh:
This is the way
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

High five: James May receives £5.1 million Top Gear windfall

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/high ... ar-BBtQgVu

With a budget of £4.5 million per show, Amazon Prime's new motoring programme, The Grand Tour, is not short of cash.

And nor, it would seem, is presenter James May, who reportedly received a £5.1 million windfall this week after closing his company, Blockhead and May.

Documents obtained by The Sun show that these were earnings from May's time presenting the BBC motoring show, which re-launched last week with Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc presenting.

The Grand Tour, which will be aired on Amazon Prime later this year, will see May, Richard Hammond and Jeremy Clarkson travelling the world and presenting the show from a new location each week.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

I have IPPLAY tv. Where do I find Top Gear and what time?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

'Replace Chris Evans' say Top Gear fans as second episode gets marginally better reaction

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/repl ... ar-BBtTAk1

Chris Evans began his second episode of Top Gear on a stretcher.

And viewers couldn't help but draw parallels from the host and executive producer's jokey state and the state of the show with the reaction it has received from viewers.

"Was hoping Chris Evans was going to remain asleep on that stretcher for the entire episode," one viewer wrote.

.....................................>>>>>>>>>>>>>
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Nereus wrote:With a budget of £4.5 million per show, Amazon Prime's new motoring programme, The Grand Tour, is not short of cash.
I'd actually read the show had a budget of US$4.5 million per episode for the proposed 36 episodes over 2 series. Still, a massive amount of money in comparison to the new Top Gear budget - reputedly up £200,000 to £650,000 per episode.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -fail.html

Still in no urgency to watch it (Top Gear that is)!! :roll:

As for the Amazon Prime series, what does US$4.5 million get you I wonder! How much goes on salary in comparison to actual production?! Also be interesting to see how much it'll cost to actually watch.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Further problems for the show?

Matt LeBlanc is 'Planning to Quit Top Gear if Co-host Chris Evans Does not go First'

"Matt LeBlanc is allegedly planning to quit Top Gear if his co-host Chris Evans is not removed from the team first, sources have claimed.

The American presenter, 48, is said to be concerned about Evans’s rudeness towards other members of the team, with some suggesting he also is frustrating to film with."

RATINGS: -
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (20.55 KiB) Viewed 1502 times
Full Story: - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06 ... ris-evans/

:cheers: :cheers:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Chris Evans quits Top Gear, saying 'I gave it my best shot'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07 ... l-assault/

4 July 2016 • 3:52pm

Chris Evans quits Top Gear, saying "I gave it my best shot"
Presenter understood to have made decision last week
Earlier this morning police confirmed a sexual assault probe

Police have confirmed that they are investigating allegations of sexual assault, after Chris Evans was accused of grabbing the breasts of a female colleague in the 1990s.

In a statement released this morning, the Met confirmed that a woman had made an allegation of “non-recent sexual assault” to officers on May 23, six days before Evans’s newly-revamped Top Gear returned to the BBC.

Police said the allegation related to “incidents in Tower Hamlets in the 1990s”.
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

Good riddance! It may not improve the program much with his departure but I doubt it could have got much worse!
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

J.J.B. wrote:Good riddance! It may not improve the program much with his departure but I doubt it could have got much worse!
Agree 100% - Seems the Beeb are panicking a bit and looking at some major changes..... They certainly killed that "Cash Cow" :roll: : -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07 ... e-of-chri/
Nereus wrote:Earlier this morning police confirmed a sexual assault probe
The guy has always had the reputation of being a bit of a "Perv" - has great difficulty in keeping his clothes on in front of an audience...... :tsk: :tosser: