The Fallen Madonna with the big boobies

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

The Fallen Madonna with the big boobies

Post by arcadianagain »

Did anyone else see the spectacle of Madonna being pulled over at the Brit awards? It reminded me of the stolen painting in `"allo "allo
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Re: The Fallen Madonna with the big boobies

Post by Lung Per »

"Allo Allo" and "Fawlty Towers" are among my favorites. I´m also looking for older American series like "Rowan and Martin´s Laugh In" and the "Smothers Brothers".
Some are on youtube, but I´d like to have them on DVDs. Would any of the shops in HH carry a selection of British and US TV comedy series?
A friend is only one click away
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

arcadianagain wrote:Did anyone else see the spectacle of Madonna being pulled over at the Brit awards?
Yes, I saw it on Sky News. However Thai news on Chennel 7 showed photographs only, which surprised me because of the Thai's love for a bit of slapstick.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Lung Per wrote:"Allo Allo" and "Fawlty Towers" are among my favorites. I´m also looking for older American series like "Rowan and Martin´s Laugh In" and the "Smothers Brothers".
Some are on youtube, but I´d like to have them on DVDs. Would any of the shops in HH carry a selection of British and US TV comedy series?
I'm not sure about HH but I bought qute a few boxed sets in BKK from the normal street stalls selling copies. All have been excellent quality, albeit that they are in their original tv format. Most seem to have been copied from the master copy

Only fools and horses - complete set including specials
Fawlty Towers - complete series
Open All Hours - Ronnie Barker & David Jason
Mash.... Compete set of all series - really big boxed set ( I never realised before watching in sequence that the story followed through all episodes and series)

They are all available within 24 hours if you can speak to the street vendors and are prepared to collect the next day. I'm am pretty sure that the same should be available in HH. But then again......
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Many thanks, Bristolian. Will check locals or next time I'm in BKK.
A friend is only one click away
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Also in BKK many locals no longer buy DVD's. The "crackdown" has provided a little too high risk unless you are willing to buy off " tea money" the RTP
Some of the DVD sellers have converted to selling in a different manner. They will provide you with an extensive movie - series collection in an Excel format. Each film or series will have its format and size explained. Select the content that you want and a 1 Terabyte USB drive and they charge by the MB. It works out 1,000 Baht per Terabyte (that's an awful lot of anything) approx 10 Baht for a good quality movie. (Someone else can do the maths and prove me wrong but it will still be very cheap) You collect your drive the next day and play on an inexpensive media player to your TV with full menus etc for approx 2,500 Baht for a good player.

Sorry......Back to topic
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Or simply download it from kickass https://kickass.to/allo-allo-complete-t626721.html
This is the way
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

dtaai-maai wrote:Or simply download it from kickass https://kickass.to/allo-allo-complete-t626721.html
You are of course correct :D
However, I could simply choose to clean my own car, clean my swimming pool, tend my garden, paint my house, do the maintenance of my property...all myself but I choose otherwise.

Sorry I was being a little glib, or possibly worse :D and that is not my intention :D . My colleagues in my office elect to use this facility, we share and watch content that I would never download on my own, simply because I didn't know that it existed. The service is inexpensive and I don't need to wait for ever if it's someting old and there are no Kickass seeders. I was not proposing it as a perfect solution but simply an option to consider. Whenever I want to download an old series of anything the seeders are generally few and it takes forever. This you collect 100% the next day. Horses for courses and the more options is generally better in my opinion.

Now we should return to topic and I'm sorry for having strayed.