Prachuap Town - what's the story?

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Gus
Guru
Guru

Re: Prachuap Town - what's the story?

Post by Gus »

Just recentlyI rented a 4x4 in Hua Hin and took a road trip alone. I turned coastwards in Pranburi and followed the coast road nearly all the way to Prachuab. I did use Petchkasem from Kuriburi to the outskirts of Prachuab.
A very relaxing trip with 3 nights at Dolphin Bay Resort (999thb per night) and 4 nights at Sun Beach Guesthouse Prachuab (1000thb sea view).
I cruised around Prachuab but didn't see any expat action, but I did find the locals very friendly. I dined and drank most nights on the front, I think it was called Ploensamut restaurant.
On the Air base is a sign for Historical aircraft, I ventured round the back and the security guy thought that i had come to see the monkeys, yes, more monkeys. :)
Anyway, a nice town, very quiet and unspoilt, I had a couple of brilliant massages with a lady from Chiang Mai, not a clock watcher at all, just wanted to do a good massage, so good I left her a 100thb tip.
buksida

Re: Prachuap Town - what's the story?

Post by buksida »

Spent a night there at the weekend.

Stayed in a place a little out of town called Chatchawan Mansion, a new Thai hotel with all the trimmings for 500 baht. You need transport though as it is not near the beach.

There are a couple of nice eateries along the seafront (avoid Ning's though - the worst attitude I have ever experienced here from the foul mouthed woman that runs it). There are a couple of little bars on the northern most bay and on or two along the railway road.

Eating and drinking is very cheap compared to Hua Hin, 65 for a large Leo, food similarly priced.

There is a large street market held every Saturday with typical Thai boom boom music and an array of stalls.

As mentioned Prachuab is a great little getaway spot for a couple of days relaxing and exploring. Its the total opposite of Hua Hin.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson