Train Prachuap to Hua-Hin

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Train Prachuap to Hua-Hin

Post by Takiap »

Does anyone know if you can get a train from Prachuap to Hua-Hin, and if so, is the train station in the center of Prachuap Town?

I'm thinking of attempting to cycle from HH to Prachuap, but I don't think I'm fit enough to go there and back in a day. Could spend the night, but taking the train back on the same day would suit me more.

Cheers for any info

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Big Boy

Re: Train from Hua Hin to Bangkok

Post by Big Boy »

This link http://www.railway.co.th/home/ shows all of the stations, routes and times - you can check it out on there.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Cheers BB

Missed the link but have checked now and there are trains linking Prachuap and HH so I may well just try and do the ride down on my bike and then get the afternoon train back. The only bummer is if I don't make it in time because then I'll have to wait until about 22h30.

Saying that, I'm not even sure I'll make it the way down there in the first place.......lol.

Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Takiap wrote:Does anyone know if you can get a train from Prachuap to Hua-Hin, and if so, is the train station in the center of Prachuap Town?:
Yes you can and the station is in the town centre.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Takiap wrote:Cheers BB

Missed the link but have checked now and there are trains linking Prachuap and HH so I may well just try and do the ride down on my bike and then get the afternoon train back. The only bummer is if I don't make it in time because then I'll have to wait until about 22h30.

You could always get the train there and cycle back?
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Train Prachuap to Hua-Hin

Post by GLCQuantum »

Takiap...

I once decided to do that journey by bicycle. I managed to get about 5 km from Prachaup but could feel myself tiring a little so decided to turn back at that point. Little did I know I was being helped by a friendly wind on the way. The way back was a killer - that wind had suddenly turned somewhat unfriendly to say the least.

I ended up having to walk/run a lot of it as, at points, I was pedaling but seemed to moving backwards!

Never again for me that. The way there was okay though. :cheers:
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Re: Train Prachuap to Hua-Hin

Post by Lung Per »

You may choose to stay overnight. There are a few institutions of hospitality where the friendly female personnel will know how to revigorate a tired man. After dark, on Petchkasem on the west side of town.
Enjoy your trip!
:rasta:
A friend is only one click away