anyone live in sam roi yod/dolphin bay

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: anyone live in sam roi yod/dolphin bay

Post by migrant »

Recently started buying steaks from Hua Hin Ham & Bacon. Very pleased compared to other places in Thailand. I'm from the states so used to some good quality meats. It's different, of course, but I'm content!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

dennism53 wrote:I see that this post is about three years old and thought I would start it up again since I just purchased a house about 400 meters from Dolphin beach in a development of about 10, 1 Rai plots all walled individually. I am pretty happy about my decision on retirement and plan on relocating from the states in mid-summer +/-. Not really having specific questions but since the area now has importance to me I'm interested in learning more about the area. Any local expat groups meet? Any butchers in the general area for getting some steaks cut and in the freezer? Just anything you might think a new to the area farang might be interested in. My wife is from BuriRam and I have spent a lot of time in Krabi area. Looking forward to starting Phase II of my life and meeting new friends.
I was the original op of this topic.
I ended up buying a town house in khoa kalok,as I found sam roi yod a 20min drive further south bit far from any thing.
Then I sold my town house and moved to hua hin as I found khao kalok was a bit far from any thing as well!!
there are a few expats down that way,just drop into some of the restaurants/guest houses that are located up the sois from the beach and talk to the owners.
khao kalok seems to have a few local expat bars worth visiting like nids on the water.
Tesco lotus and makro at pranburi are your best options for groceries and meats if you don't want to travel into hua hin.
which soi is the development you are on located
dennism53
Amateur
Amateur

Post by dennism53 »

The address is on Moo 4 but it's between The Beach Village and the coast.
When the going gets weird the weird turn pro! HST