My Suan Son Pradiphat visit

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
joyvee
Amateur
Amateur

My Suan Son Pradiphat visit

Post by joyvee »

I spent about 4 days there and intend going back in February 2014. I found it just as enjoyable as I did 10 years ago. There have been changes and renovations and yes , after looking at the bungalow where I stayed last time, I chose to stay at the older hotel. There are actually two hotels there now.

The new one is more expensive even if you happen to qualify for military or public service discount.
The older one is now being renovated bit by bit if the stack of old mattresses is anything to go by. There is much updating of furnishings and internal finishes and renovation of rooms as I wanted to check out the options available to me.

This hotel suited me very well, I loved the very fresh seafood, the staff were most helpful and very understanding of my attempts to speak Thai which was the major means of communication. We shared lots of laughs and they were very kind to me. My Thai is so bad that they were encouraged to talk English to me which was also fun. They had a live outdoor concert on the Friday night, balmy weather and Thai love songs. What more could one ask for!

Hua Hin has certainly changed although the shop house teak restaurant is still on the corner and still serves great fresh seafood. Managed to get around on the Pranburi red bus.

Hired a taxi and went down to Ao Minao which I found disappointing as there was no beach there, probably because there had been bad electrical storms and high seas. Looked very commercial and a very popular tourist spot.

Also stopped at a wetlands national park, full of potential, just sad that the plants all died 3 years ago when the wet season was delayed. No replanting since and no regeneration as yet - guess there won't be after 3 years. Concept with raised walk ways was fantastic. Shame implementation is so lacking.

Has anyone found a solution to sandflies at Suan Son Pradiphat? Next time I will put on insect repellant and use a anti-histamine cream. .. and wear long sleeves and long pants. JoyV