Looking for nice resort/hotel at Prachuap beach

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Allenby
Rookie
Rookie

Looking for nice resort/hotel at Prachuap beach

Post by Allenby »

Can you recommend a nice place to stay, on the beach, at Prachuap?

I’ve never been there.
Friends went some years ago and enjoyed the peace and quiet away from the tourist hoards.
I wonder if Prachuap is still peaceful, or has it been discovered?

Those friends stayed with relatives, so couldn’t recommend a resort/hotel.
I’m looking for mid-level, 3-4 star: 1,500-2,500/night okay, room for one person (me).

Searched this forum, but last topics about Prachuap hotels were back in 2005.
In Hua Hin I like to stay at Anantasila, so something like that in Prachuap would be ideal.
(Please note: Anantasila is not the same as Anantara.)

This forum hotel booking (R24) has the following in Prachuap:
Which of these are especially nice — and on the beach?
  • - Pearl By The Sea Resort
    - One Wan Resort
    - Tri - Shawa Resort
    - Rocky Point Resort
    - Nisha Ville
Are there any other places that would be suitable?

No nightlife required, just ocean breezes and beach will do fine.

Thank you for any suggestions about Prachuap.

- Al
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Re: Looking for nice resort/hotel at Prachuap beach

Post by Gérard »

I have been living in PRACHUAP for nearly 2 years, renting a house, so that I did not try the best hotels myself.
But there are a few nice places like :
HAT THONG, main beach road, easy to find, very nice view, but the beach is not good for swimming.
The best beach, AO MANAO, inside the air base, has a nice hotel, clean beach, restaurants, etc.
http://www.travbuddy.com/Royal-Thai-Air ... ao-v491736
Not many tourists in PRACHUAP, quiet city, not much traffic, good restaurants, low prices.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Gérard wrote:but the beach is not good for swimming.
What is wrong with the beach at Prachuab? I've been that way many times and have thought how nice it looks, yet the only people I've seen on the water have been fishermen.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Post by Gérard »

AO MANAO.jpg
PRACHUAP BEACH-2.jpg
PRACHUAP BEACH.jpg
Big Boy wrote:
Gérard wrote:but the beach is not good for swimming.
What is wrong with the beach at Prachuab? I've been that way many times and have thought how nice it looks, yet the only people I've seen on the water have been fishermen.
The main problem is that there is not much sand and sometimes no sand at all, depending on the level of the water. I have always seen more fishing boats than people swimming.
About 10 days ago, rough sea...

People generally go to Ao manao or Klong Nangrom beach, left side of Khao Chong Krajok.
aldo5
Rookie
Rookie

Post by aldo5 »

Plan to visit Prachuap January/February 2016. How are the beaches at that time? Calm or rough sea?
father
Amateur
Amateur

Post by father »

Those places are in Ao Manao, Khlong Wan and as far away as Huay Yang (Nishaville). If you are looking for something of that caliber and in Prachuap then perhaps the Sun Beach Guest House. It is a resort hotel but for some legal reasons I think they call it a guest house. Right across from the beach and at the south end of the beach promenade. If you want a city style hotel you could try the Prachuap Beach Hotel. Not too upmarket but a good location. You can swim off the beach in Prachuap if you want but most go to Ao Manao or a short bicycle ride north past "Monkey Mountain" towards Ao Noi. You could try the military hotel in Ao Manao (don't know the name, sorry) but nothing to do in the evenings. Suggest you stay in central beach area of Prachuap and then go where you want in the day time. I think some of the confusion in your room search is that the town is also the name of the province. You might want to try searching under "Muang Prachuap Khiri Khan"