Songthaew to Khao Takiab from Hua Hin

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Bilbo52

Songthaew to Khao Takiab from Hua Hin

Post by Bilbo52 »

A couple of questions about the green songthaews to Khao Takiab from Hua Hin. I have only ever been to Khao Takiab on a scooter or in a car, not been here long enough to take the green baht buses.

Where can a catch a green baht bus in Hua Hin to go to Khao Takiab, can they be flagged down on Petchasem Rd, is it still 10bt each way and then 15bt after 1900? Is last one back at 2100? How much for a tuk tuk say from Takiab to night market area?

Sorry for the multiple questions.

Thanks, I have some friends coming next week from UK and thought it would be nice to go down there to eat one evening, they don't ride scooters.
lomuamart

Re: Songthaew to Khao Takiab from Hua Hin

Post by lomuamart »

They start off for Takieb at the crossroads at the night market and go down to Supatra in Takieb.
Yes, they can be flagged down anywhere en route.
Every 10 mins from 6am to 6 or 7 pm (not sure which) and every 15 mins from then to 9pm. Cost per journey 10 and 15 THB respectively.
Bilbo52

Re: Songthaew to Khao Takiab from Hua Hin

Post by Bilbo52 »

Many thanks, will give it a try next week when my friends are in town or maybe a dummy run later this week.