Blissful, unspoilt serenity; Bo Nok beach

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
buksida

Blissful, unspoilt serenity; Bo Nok beach

Post by buksida »

Bo Nok beach in Prachaup Khiri Khan remains relatively undeveloped, but that could soon change.

The morning breeze blows continuously at the long beach of Bo Nok in Prachaup Khiri Khan. Purple flowers dance in the wind while the waves break quietly on the beach.

About 40 minutes drive to the south of busy Hua Hin beach, Bo Nok is like another world. There are no high rise hotels and condominiums on the beachfront area. The sand is soft although it's not as white as the beach in Hua Hin. The long coastline of Bo Nok is quiet and there are no vendors selling som tum, grilled seafood or anyone offering traditional Thai massage. No one will approach you to have a horse ride nor are there operators of banana boats and jet skis along the shore.

Bo Nok is a place where you can find solitude and stay still as there is nothing much to do here. The serenity is a key magnet for hotel developers.

The general beauty and peacefulness of the location was the main reason that about a decade ago X2 Kui Buri was opened on the beachfront area of Bo Nok, according to Bespoke Hotel Management Asia CEO Anthony McDonald, who founded X2 Resorts.

Another reason was the cheap price of land.

"We were able to design and build a resort that you could never do in Hua Hin where land prices were five to 20 times more expensive", he said.

Full Story: Bangkok Post
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Re: Blissful, unspoilt serenity; Bo Nok beach

Post by jumusman »

Sounds like a place I will have to check out before it gets "spoiled" I have seen the X2 Kui Buri online and it looks very nice with some of the rooms having their own private pool, very secluded. 40 minutes is probably a stretch I think, maybe 50 to an hour to get there.
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

"Bo Nok is a place where you can find solitude and stay still as there is nothing much to do here. The serenity is a key magnet for hotel developers."

And as development goes and more and more resorts pops up, so will the odd Som Tam seller, massage girl, vendors etc., and the solitude, serenity and peace will be gone from that place too :roll: :oops: :roll:
YNWA
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

jumusman wrote:40 minutes is probably a stretch I think, maybe 50 to an hour to get there.
Maybe they assumed you would be going in a minibus. :laugh:

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact