Cycling around Pranburi

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
surferdave
Amateur
Amateur

Cycling around Pranburi

Post by surferdave »

I moved to 2kms north of Pranburi 5 months ago and cycle regular,
i was wondering if anybody in my area i could join up with for regular rides, would be nice to have some company.
I normally cycle to Paknampram and along the coast or thru the army barracks towards the mountains.
I never fancied that main rd to Hua hin b,cos of the motorbikes belting every direction at crazy speeds.
Thanks in anticipation
Dave.
Big Boy

Re: Cycling around Pranburi

Post by Big Boy »

surferdave wrote:I never fancied that main rd to Hua hin b,cos of the motorbikes belting every direction at crazy speeds.
Thanks in anticipation
Dave.
Slightly off topic, but have you seen the cycle track they seem to be putting in a few yards off the main road?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
surferdave
Amateur
Amateur

Post by surferdave »

No i haven,t noticed that Big Boy, my experiance so far is the cycle tracks are used by motorbikes and parked cars also, be like an extra racetrack for the barry sheens.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't think it'll be a haven for parked cars due to poor access, but it wouldn't surprise me to see motorcycles abusing it - they abuse everything else.

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:I don't think it'll be a haven for parked cars due to poor access, but it wouldn't surprise me to see motorcycles abusing it - they abuse everything else.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Used the new cycle track yesterday morning..yes there were the occasional m/c on it, but apart from this it was so,so much nicer than being on the main road.
...Our route from Kao Tao has us turning Right just before the rail crossing as you leave K/T..follow track along past new condos on your right..after last condos look for a turning on your right on red dust to beach {only 50m long}..drop down onto beach..turn to face north, walk/ride only 50/60m along beach & go left thru' the sea-pine tree-line, over the small bank, & pick up the paved Rd opp. some buildings..follow tarmac to your right, & up slight rise to your left onto BIG open tarmac area..take Rd to your right (past the hotel), & all the way to the X-Roads at the main entrance Rd into Suan Son beach.
Turn left here, over the rail-line & on-on up to main Rd. At the junction look Right & you will see the start of the cycle track.
Follow track to it's end at the road next to the vet-hospital, right turn now has you going towards Kao Takiap.
This route has you going from K/Takiap to K/Tao without any main roads or traffic... :cheers:
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Also 'surferdave'..do you know of the river-crossing point within the army camp..? Yes you'll get your feet wet, but it's a good shortcut thru' to Pranburi Dam area providing you are on a mountain bike.. :thumb:
surferdave
Amateur
Amateur

Post by surferdave »

No i don,t know about that route crossing the river, usual suspect, i am allways a bit wary in the camp, bearing in mind if it was UK you wouldn,t be allowed to wander about.
I have allways just headed towards the mountains untill you get no further by the big firing range with the seating areas.
Do you live in Hua hin may i ask or towards Pranburi?
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

It's about 16-18km from the main Rd in Pranburi right thru' to the main Rd to the dam (but you need to know where to turn off the main army-camp Rd.
The Army DO allow you to cycle thru' there, & I always salute back to army personel.
The river crossing again is a case of knowing where to turn off.
Same with the mock up village they use for close-combat..we often ride thru' there.
I will send you a personal message with more details.
(Oh yes..I'm in H.H.)
surferdave
Amateur
Amateur

Post by surferdave »

Ok thanks for that i will watch out for your message.
hobodan
Novice
Novice

Post by hobodan »

Hi Dave,
I hope to make it out there in the fall with my road bike. I will email you then.
take care
Dan
Brit Jim
Professional
Professional

Post by Brit Jim »

Dave

Check out and Join Hua Hin Roadies on Facebook as the Guys cycle regularly in the week all expats and friendly.

You name it they do it & safer in a group.

Any issues PM me.

Cheers
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Not Pranburi, but I see there's a huge notice outside the Tessebahn talking about organised cycle rides from the Hua Hin Clock Tower every weekend.

Is this Hua Hin Roadies Jim, or another organisation?

Points 41; Position 18
Nick NCFC

Post by Nick NCFC »

Big Boy wrote:Not Pranburi, but I see there's a huge notice outside the Tessebahn talking about organised cycle rides from the Hua Hin Clock Tower every weekend.

Is this Hua Hin Roadies Jim, or another organisation?
No that's not the Hua Hin roadies BB. I believe that is the Mayors ride which is organised by one of the other bike clubs in town, Boh Fai bicycle club I think. HHR is more of an ex-pat thing although everyone is welcome.
Brit Jim
Professional
Professional

Post by Brit Jim »

Hi BB Sorry I missed your post - but thankfully answered by Nick.

Anyway 15th May we have the Hua Hin Half marathon - 10km - fun run etc etc.

Different venue from last year which is good as Hin Lek Fai was a killer after 13 miles. Looks like the start is Khao Takiap somewhere & were running on the beach. As I remember you taking pix last year. Like last year its an early start 0530hrs.