Thai Waii in Pak Nam Pran

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Thai Waii in Pak Nam Pran

Post by Pagey »

A while ago I saw an ad for this bar/restaurant with live music on a Sunday afternoon. Does anyone know if they still have this and directions to get there please. I fancy a Sunday drive out. I have Googled it and see they also have a place in Takiab but I can't find directions to the one in PNP. :cheers:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Re: Thai Waii in Pak Nam Pran

Post by Farang »

Their Facebook page says they are open today 11.00 AM - 11.00 PM.

Here's map and phone to them:

https://www.facebook.com/Thaiwaii-Bar-R ... 980485544/
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Thanks Farang, I did mean to say my Google search turned up a facebook account but I can't access facebook.

From the bits I could see it seems the music doesn't start until late in the afternoon on a Sunday which is when I wanted to go.

Man in pub circa 1987.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Pagey wrote:A while ago I saw an ad for this bar/restaurant with live music on a Sunday afternoon. Does anyone know if they still have this and directions to get there please.
Hi Pagey,

Try this:

https://www.google.com.kh/maps/dir/Hua+ ... !3e0?hl=en
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

from facebook last post on march 24:

THAIWAII - Pak Nam Pran - Graceland of Thailand
As many of you already know, the Sunday Rock & Blues Jams are on again at Thaiwaii beginning 3 pm every Sunday. Always a nice way to spend the afternoon and early evening in the company of great Live Music and good friends. All talented Musicians are welcome and encouraged to join in on the mix whether local, or from afar. We are all about having fun, we are casual, and we have a fantastic audience ranging from bikers to bankers and everyone between, so come on down and check us out! A true and very special garden Hideaway once found never forgotten. Icy cold refreshments and buffet hoping to please of desires of most all. Community support is imperative in order to keep the ball rolling, so please help to spread the word! Sawasdee and Aloha!
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

Here is the more active Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/thaiwaii.huahi ... ts&fref=ts
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Thanks guys, I will get a Thai to look at the Facebook stuff.

Man in pub circa 1987.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

This is the best news I've heard all week. Richard and his wife are great hosts and food is usually available. Ideal for a lazy Sunday,good atmosphere and good bands. It can be difficult to find the first time,maybe some tech' savvy members could produce a map to help. It's well worth the effort when you get there.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

Google maps help: http://tinyurl.com/ThaiWaii
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

Live music and buffet from 3PM every Sunday, bands include Bamboo Heart and Ace, then there's more of a jam session with Amy and friends, always a good time!
Was there yesterday and it rocked!
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

By the way, there might just be in the pipeline, a plan for a mini-van return trip deal to Thai Waii Paknampran, on occasional Sundays groups of 11-22 (can fit 11 people per van). Price would be around 200B per person for return journey plus 1 drink. Most likely pick up place will be Bobbies Bar, soi 102. Details to follow...
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Arrived PNP and had lunch by 3 pm.Now 4.30 and still can't find it. Asked many people, no one knows it. Phone number not working.

Man in pub circa 1987.
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

Hi Pagey,
Sorry but if you don't know, then you would never find it by driving around, and totally understandable that locals wouldn't have a clue (you will see why when you finally get there!), here are directions:

Coming from Hua Hin, take the left that takes you to Paknampran after the Khao Tao turning, cross railway tracks, turn right, follow windy road all the way until you get to a 'junction' where you can either turn left towards Paknampran etc (many signs for various resorts) or go straight. Turn left. Immediately before/at the bridge over Pranburi river, turn left down a tiny narrow street, then immediately left again. Go about 300m and it's on the left hand corner, can't miss it once you get that close.

GPS: 12.407244, 99.967933

Likely to be mini-van(s) next week as described above, updates to follow, cheers,
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Thanks PB, yes if we had GPS co ords or someone had said don't go over the bridge but take the small street on the left it would have been easy! Got there about 5 pm!

Man in pub circa 1987.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Pagey come on the bus Sunday coming,, good laugh can have a few beers and not worry about getting home. Some of us have sunday lunch in Bobbies before we leave. Its a great afternoon. :)