Restaurants in Ko Tao & Pak Nam Pran

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Restaurants in Ko Tao & Pak Nam Pran

Post by Pagey »

The last few Sundays I have been for a drive to the South of HH, mainly Ko Tao & Pak Nam Pran. I have had lunch the last 2 weeks at Koa Kalok, at a restaurant on the beach just past the big temple. I want to try other places to eat out that way, Thai or Western, big open air restaurants or small cozy bistros.

Any recommendations please with directions as I am not familiar with the area. Thanks. :cheers:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Re: Restaurants in Ko Tao & Pak Nam Pran

Post by europtimiste »

Udom Pochana at Pak Nam Pran, at the beach.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We often stop off at the beachside food court in Pak Nam Pran for lunch. Good street food at very Thai prices - nice setting.

As you drive along the beach towards Khao Kalok, it's basically the first place you come to - about 10 salas beside the beach. never seen it so busy that we couldn't get a sala.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Assuming you mean Khao Tao and not Ko Tao, there's a beach club at Sai Noi which I've heard is a very pleasant way to spend a few hours. The food is good and a clean beach. Very quiet.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

OK thanks all.

Yes Terry Khao Tao, I always spell it different!

Yes I've been to the Sainoi Beach club, it is a nice location but a tad expensive. I bought a can of Liptons ice tea for my son and after tax it was something like 85 Baht which was more than my beer which I think was 60 baht plus tax as it was half price in happy hour which is 5-7 pm every day I think.

Man in pub circa 1987.
Bonbon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bonbon »

In Pranburi 1000m south of Tesco, 150m before the railway line.
Abzab a Thai open air restaurant
Issan food excellent service with prices no-longer available in Hua Hin
Think that its closed the first Sunday of the month
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

If you go a bit further to Dolphin Bay, it's only about another twenty minutes, there is a small place called something like Miaew Seafood, it's just an open place on the right and a few tables under the pine trees on the beach on the other side of the road but the food is excellent for reasonable money.
When I'm in Hua Hin, we go there a couple of times a week and I can't think of anywhere else that I enjoy so much.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

I think I'm going to give Dolphin Bay a go today then, I've seen Maeow seafood on a map, just before Dolphin Bay Resort I think. What's the best way to get there ?
I've seen a route to turn left at Traffic lights with Tesco on the corner and drive to the T junction , turn right then left at the small police station or is there a better/nicer/more scenic route? I'm not in any hurry.

Man in pub circa 1987.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

You could take the road past Khao Kalok and just carry on along the coast road. Apart from a short diversion around a 'sticky out bit' that will take you all the way to Dolphin Bay.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Follow your nose Pagey...always the best way :).
rynka
Amateur
Amateur

Post by rynka »

ThaiWaii Tavern (previously at Pak Nam Pran, but moved to Khao Tao) has good food and great live music (expats jam there). Check out the schedule on their FB [Mod edit: personal name removed] :) Great, warm & friendly atmosphere.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

rynka wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:55 pm ThaiWaii Tavern (previously at Pak Nam Pran, but moved to Khao Tao) has good food and great live music (expats jam there). Check out the schedule on their FB :) Great, warm & friendly atmosphere.
Were is that i Khao Tao ?

:cheers: :cheers:
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I must admit that I have a Sunday habit of taking my bike down that way. I agree with all the places mentioned. It's lovely to have the place to yourself, sit by the beach with a beer. Just the right distance before my bum goes numb!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
blanes2007
Amateur
Amateur

Post by blanes2007 »

rynka wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:55 pm ThaiWaii Tavern (previously at Pak Nam Pran, but moved to Khao Tao) has good food and great live music (expats jam there). Check out the schedule on their FB :) Great, warm & friendly atmosphere.
Thai Waii had "great, warm & friendly atmosphere" while Richard (the owner) was sitting in a high chair and overseeing all, but now he came back to US due to his state of health and as I see things in the restaurant aren't going well. Unattended staff now don't give a shit about his business. [Mod edit: name removed], his wife, also doesn't seem to care much.
rynka
Amateur
Amateur

Post by rynka »

I perform there regularly. I do believe that they're doin the best they can while Richard's away.