Photos: Major flooding in Bangsaphan

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
PeteC

Re: Photos: Major flooding in Bangsaphan

Post by PeteC »

Bangkok Post photos of the clean up effort.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/photo/photo/ ... the-deluge
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
buksida

Post by buksida »

Took these in town yesterday, utterly devastated ...
DSC_1344.jpg
DSC_1344.jpg (209.36 KiB) Viewed 1481 times
DSC_1346.jpg
DSC_1347.jpg
DSC_1348.jpg
DSC_1349.jpg
DSC_1351.jpg
DSC_1353.jpg
DSC_1355.jpg
DSC_1356.jpg
DSC_1357.jpg
DSC_1359.jpg
DSC_1361.jpg
DSC_1363.jpg
DSC_1369.jpg
DSC_1370.jpg
DSC_1372.jpg
DSC_1373.jpg
DSC_1376.jpg
DSC_1377.jpg
DSC_1379.jpg
DSC_1380.jpg
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
buksida

Post by buksida »

DSC_1383.jpg
DSC_1385.jpg
DSC_1388.jpg
DSC_1392.jpg
DSC_1397.jpg
DSC_1401.jpg
DSC_1403.jpg
DSC_1406.jpg
DSC_1408.jpg
DSC_1409.jpg
DSC_1410.jpg
DSC_1411.jpg
DSC_1412.jpg
DSC_1413.jpg
DSC_1418.jpg
DSC_1419.jpg
DSC_1422.jpg
DSC_1422.jpg (178.58 KiB) Viewed 1480 times
DSC_1424.jpg
DSC_1424.jpg (153.08 KiB) Viewed 1480 times
DSC_1425.jpg
DSC_1431.jpg
DSC_1433.jpg
DSC_1438.jpg
DSC_1439.jpg
DSC_1440.jpg
DSC_1444.jpg
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Jeez, what a mess! There is a high risk of disease being carried in a lot of that stuff. And where the hell is it going to be dumped once it is picked up?
Is the fresh water supply back on Buksi?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
buksida

Post by buksida »

It'll prolly all go into the local landfill site.

Govt water has been restored in some places, but we're still running on the storage tank.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

She's swimming north! :shock:

Monster-Croc Nadia Swims Free From Flooded Zoo

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crim ... ooded-zoo/
phpUxjhfpAM.jpg
EDIT: I don't think Malaysian pit vipers swim or climb well? One good thing from all of this is that the most prolific deadly snake in the area may have had its numbers cut significantly.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Very sad to see the devastation I'm Bangsaphan. Quite shocking really. Didn't exactly see much in the way of support from any emergency services, army etc. Is everyone being left to fend for themselves, or is there support?
Talk is cheap
buksida

Post by buksida »

The local municipality have been very good, free meals and water has been made available to everyone in the area, The community spirit has also been overwhelming, donations of food, supplies and clothing have been made in the worse affected areas. Haven't seen much involvement from Military/Bangkok/Government but the Princess showed up a couple of days ago to make donations from the palace: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prince ... d-victims/
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Man, we feel for you guys, youve had some serious shit down there. Lets hope the recovery and rebuilding is fast and takes this type of weather into account in case it happens again.

Take care guys and girls.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I was coming back from Ratchaburi the other day and was angry at all the trucks and other vehicles who were hogging the outside lane. As we passed them (on the inside), it was noted that they all had bunting on the sides. None of us can read Thai but we assumed that they were relief vehicles. I calmed down after that.
Hopefully, some of that reached you all.
As others have said, that's pretty big devastation - like a volcano's gone off. Hope they clear everything up soon and there's no disease threat - it is hotting up now.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

It may have been this, Lumo:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... unity-call
At the Royal Plaza on Friday, Gen Prayut also presided over the launch of a caravan of 900 vehicles with about 300 teams of volunteers comprising students and education personnel who will bring help and relief supplies to flood victims in the South.
More than 150,000 households are expected to receive assistance.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Awful pictures! I really feel for all affected!

How are the conditions on highway 4 now. We might be taking a trip to Chumpon from Hua Hin in a few weeks. Is that a bad idea or do you guys think that things will be back to normal regarding traffic then?
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Ralfredo wrote:Awful pictures! I really feel for all affected!

How are the conditions on highway 4 now. We might be taking a trip to Chumpon from Hua Hin in a few weeks. Is that a bad idea or do you guys think that things will be back to normal regarding traffic then?
From Hua Hin to Bang Saphan the road is clear. Only problem is about 10 KM south of Thap Sakae the temp bridge is one lane (northbound is two). Can't speak for further south
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

JW wrote:Lets hope the recovery and rebuilding is fast and takes this type of weather into account in case it happens again.
Lot's of heavy equipment working around town. It's heartbreaking though seeing piles of ruined furniture, fixtures, inventory and personal property in front of most houses and businesses, especially the small Mom and Pop stores.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Sad story......do they have any local contribution places or maybe we should use Red Cross?