Takiab Beach After Dark

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Big Boy

Takiab Beach After Dark

Post by Big Boy »

We took the dogs somewhere different tonight for a change we decided to walk the beach South of Takiab to Suan Son. I've not been on that stretch of beach at night for at least 10 years, and boy, how it's changed.

OK, we're at the bottom of low season, so it was unsurprisingly dead, but how nice it looked. An ample car park by the ferry port, and for a few hundred yards South it looked really nice with beach bars/restaurants brightly lit. It reminded me of the difference between Pattaya and Jomtien many years ago.

I'm sure this isn't news to many of you, but I was so impressed, I just had to say something.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
MikaQ5
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Takiab Beach After Dark

Post by MikaQ5 »

Yes I agree
(But as a newcomer to Hua Hin I can't comment of what it was like before)

I also take my dogs there for a run about sometimes ,one of the restaurants on the beach ( with Huskeys outside ) even allows us to dine there ( with my own dogs ) which is nice

The Panburi forest park is nice also

Any other places you can recommend to take the dogs walking in Hua Hin ??

Cheers
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, we met one of the Huskies. We were a little wary when it came towards up (2 of our dogs are fine with other dogs, and can well look after themselves anyway), our smallest dog is mental, and is very aggressive (even though he can't bite :? ). The Huskie and another similar sized dog were lovely. There was only one other dog that made a lot of noise as we crossed it's territory, which was well pleased with itself when it had chased us from it's land :D .

I wouldn't take my dogs to a restaurant, but I think we'll definitely give the area a try. I love the thought of the big car park. We use Pranburi Forest Park beach occasionally also.

The area we use regularly is Soi 75 to Marakesh. We used to go further, but we are restricted in how far we can take our oldest dog these days. It is a fairly well lit stretch of beach with security guards watching over you all the way.

Points 41; Position 18
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I generally walk that way before it gets dark but the new car park is great, I go there about four when the beach starts to get shaded and walk most of the way to Khao Tao and back, it's very pleasant.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Probably the only beach with decent parking in the area. We used to go to Cha-Am or Suan Son for the beach, but this gives us another option.

Points 41; Position 18
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:39 pm Probably the only beach with decent parking in the area. We used to go to Cha-Am or Suan Son for the beach, but this gives us another option.
As far as parking goes, the other option for me is the other side of Khao Takiap going on to Hua Hin Beach, there is loads of parking on the inside of the divide near the bus stop/ police station. No one seems to use it, apart from busses but it's legal parking and you get shade on one side, depending on the time of day.
Juice81

Post by Juice81 »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:32 pm We took the dogs somewhere different tonight for a change we decided to walk the beach South of Takiab to Suan Son. I've not been on that stretch of beach at night for at least 10 years, and boy, how it's changed.

OK, we're at the bottom of low season, so it was unsurprisingly dead, but how nice it looked. An ample car park by the ferry port, and for a few hundred yards South it looked really nice with beach bars/restaurants brightly lit. It reminded me of the difference between Pattaya and Jomtien many years ago.

I'm sure this isn't news to many of you, but I was so impressed, I just had to say something.
Wow, I've never thought about going to the beach after dark from the parking lot's direction...! If we decide to go for a dinner to the beach we always take the road and then go to an alley where you can get to the certain restaurant where you want to eat that night. Thanks for the tip! :bow:
buksida

Post by buksida »

Visited this area yesterday for the first time in about 15 years and wow, what a difference. The last time we were there, they were building the golf course and there was a handful of little shacks where you could get food and a beer.

Very different now with the big parking area, countless restaurants, and a lot of seating on the beach. You're paying tourist prices for food and drink but the ambiance and location are worth the extra especially as the sun goes down, and yes it was very busy!

photo_2024-01-07_09-32-19 (2).jpg
photo_2024-01-07_09-32-19 (2).jpg (126.85 KiB) Viewed 20200 times
photo_2024-01-07_09-32-19.jpg
photo_2024-01-07_09-32-19.jpg (194.6 KiB) Viewed 20200 times
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

buksida wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:36 am Visited this area yesterday for the first time in about 15 years and wow, what a difference. The last time we were there, they were building the golf course and there was a handful of little shacks where you could get food and a beer.

Very different now with the big parking area, countless restaurants, and a lot of seating on the beach. You're paying tourist prices for food and drink but the ambiance and location are worth the extra especially as the sun goes down, and yes it was very busy!
Very likely a similar time frame since I was in Thailand - well, perhaps a few years earlier for me.

From the photo's, it looks superb and well worth the visit - despite "Tourist Prices" which I'm far from a fan of. That said, if the quality is there - I'd be happy.

In some respects though, I've always loved the true local bars and restaurants be it in Thailand/HH or Hong Kong (or elsewhere). We've had cracking meals literally stopping at the side of the road near the beach in Thailand, or the side/back-streets of HK away from the touristy areas.

I hope they're still around in the area!

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
buksida

Post by buksida »

pharvey wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:48 am In some respects though, I've always loved the true local bars and restaurants be it in Thailand/HH or Hong Kong (or elsewhere). We've had cracking meals literally stopping at the side of the road near the beach in Thailand, or the side/back-streets of HK away from the touristy areas.

I hope they're still around in the area!
They are, just not near Hua Hin or Takiab beaches!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Hence the need for the freedom of a Hire Car again when we visit methinks... :thumb:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.