Please visit our partner websites for more info on Hua Hin and the area: Tourism Hua Hin | Expat Hua Hin | Hua Hin Map | Hua Hin Property | Khao Takiab | Bangsaphan Guide | Ban Krut Info

Pet Show, Market Village

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Pet Show, Market Village

Postby Big Boy » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:59 pm

11 to 20 Feb 17

Pets.jpg
Pets.jpg (59.01 KiB) Viewed 922 times
League 2 - Hartlepool...1 Plymouth Argyle....1 :dance: :dance:
Points 61; Position 2

nellyp

Re: Pet Show, Market Village

Postby nellyp » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:00 pm

I was a bit sad the last time I went to this, though I understand these businesses need to make money, I don't like to see animals in cages. The only saving grace for me would be to be able to buy a Staff (not an ASBT). That would make my life complete. A wife I love, 2 kids that are the stars in my eyes, and a Staff to bind us all together. Unfortunately, I cannot find the dog I know (from experience) can do this.

Terry
Rock Star
Rock Star
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Postby Terry » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:22 am

Don't buy pups from these people. Most come from puppy farms and are often full of unknown medical problems.
You can adopt a suitable dog for free, from the folks who care and neuter them here in Hua Hin. They make great hardy pets and will make ANY family complete.
PM me if you want details.

TunnelRats
Rookie
Rookie

Postby TunnelRats » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:20 pm

Do they sell live mealworms and/or crickets for feeding dragons and lizards? If not maybe someone knows where to get this stuff in Hua Hin.
Cheers
"This login session $13,99 but for you $12,78"

nil

Postby nil » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:38 pm

Was there today and observed a TIT situation. There is a bird section with some owls and a hawk standing on posts. Next to it are some little green birds hopping about playing with toys and the kids. One of the little green birds decides to wander off in the direction of the hawk (I did not notice at the time). There is a loud commotion as the hawk swoops down and tries to get its lunch and one of the Thai's runs over and manages to save it just in time. Seemed ok apart from a feather or two missing.

StevePIraq
Ace
Ace

Postby StevePIraq » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:10 pm

Terry wrote:Don't buy pups from these people. Most come from puppy farms and are often full of unknown medical problems.
You can adopt a suitable dog for free, from the folks who care and neuter them here in Hua Hin. They make great hardy pets and will make ANY family complete.
PM me if you want details.

I was interested in getting a pup but they wanted 14k, then you have to pay for inoculations etc., before you know it 20k gone. Personally I don't want a dog from the dogs home but I know some may.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali

RCer
Professional
Professional

Postby RCer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:40 pm

The two larger owls are imported from cold climates. Not good for the birds. The biggest is from Siberia.

Can't remember where the other is from, but its not Thailand.

m_right
Professional
Professional

Postby m_right » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:54 pm

All the smells and other animal contamination can't be good for the interior environment in Market Village. I was told you can even smell them in the basement. I am staying away until they are gone for a few days. I'm not a health freak but it sounds crazy to me.
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte

VincentD
Guru
Guru

Postby VincentD » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:33 pm

I tend to agree with Terry. Get a local pariah dog; it won't cost you anything and they are just as loving as a pedigreed breed. They live longer, too, with less maintenance.
Having said that, I still miss my pedigreed boxers, all three of them. Have had local breeds in between, and there really is no difference if you love your dogs..
วินเชนท์

handdrummer
Professional
Professional

Postby handdrummer » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:34 am

I was looking at the thai ridgebacks while a thai woman, with her husband, was holding one of them. a while later I went back and started to pet one, in the pen, and the dealer told my wife to not let me touch them as they didn't feel well. shortly after that the dealer didn't like something one of the dogs did and he hit him. so, for 5000 baht you can have a mistreated dog.

centermid7
Professional
Professional

Postby centermid7 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:17 pm

I forgot about the event being held so I went to MV today as I like the place on the 2nd floor that does the dim sum and I did not smell anything. I even walked about on the first floor and took a look at the birds and reptiles and no smell. Maybe my nose is no good.

(Who else in HH does dim sum?)

Return to “Events & Activities”