Mermaid Cruises - sublime...

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Re: Mermaid Cruises - sublime...

Post by Chromeman »

Thanks Tan, I am pretty sure you will get me and my girlfriend as customers both on the Firefly cruise and the Eco-River cruise when we come to Hua Hin in March. :D
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

A Magnificent Day Onboard The Kingfisher Part 3

Today's installment sees us travel back across the Pranburi and into our 2nd Mangrove Forest before returning to the Mermaid Marina for lunch we had ordered a few hours earlier.
Back across the Pranburi River, passing Pak Nam Pran's colourful fishing fleet once more.
Back across the Pranburi River, passing Pak Nam Pran's colourful fishing fleet once more.
DSC00964b.JPG (138.24 KiB) Viewed 1186 times
Heading into the estuary to visit our second Mangrove Forest.
Heading into the estuary to visit our second Mangrove Forest.
DSC00966b.JPG (122.17 KiB) Viewed 1186 times
Deep inside the forest
Deep inside the forest
DSC00970b.JPG (144.33 KiB) Viewed 1186 times

Our lunch, prepared exactly as we had ordered it.
Our lunch, prepared exactly as we had ordered it.
DSC00980c.JPG (127.75 KiB) Viewed 1186 times
Final installment will see us travelling up the Pranburi River enjoying the bird life and fauna. It also sees us encountering some giant Monitor Lizards.

Full report and more photos here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 718&type=1
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I was trying to work out what the soup was in the bowl at the foot of the last photo, until I realised the plate was upside down... :oops: :laugh:
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:laugh: Have you got a pair of Big Boy eyes? That's the type of mistake I make :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

A Magnificent Day Onboard The Kingfisher Part 4(and final)

After a fantastic morning, and an excellent lunch, we were technically starting our journey home. This time we would be heading on a one way journey up the Pranburi River. Transport would be waiting at the other end to take us home.

We took the opportunity to have a look at Mermaid Cruises purpose built party boat, Suncat before we departed.
A panoramic view on-board the Suncat.
A panoramic view on-board the Suncat.
The business (fun) end of Mermaid Cruises fun palace.
The business (fun) end of Mermaid Cruises fun palace.
DSC00979b.JPG (129.25 KiB) Viewed 1095 times
We then set off up the river.
The views were fantastic, and more basic dwellings.
The views were fantastic, and more basic dwellings.
DSC00988b.JPG (137.36 KiB) Viewed 1095 times
There were plenty of exotic birds to be seen.  Many I'd only ever seen on Brooke Bond tea cards before.  Unfortunately, I don't have the camera nor the expertise to capture these.
There were plenty of exotic birds to be seen. Many I'd only ever seen on Brooke Bond tea cards before. Unfortunately, I don't have the camera nor the expertise to capture these.
DSC00993b.JPG (94.17 KiB) Viewed 1095 times

Unfortunately, the river had recently flooded, and in places a lot of the trees were sporting the associated debris.
Unfortunately, the river had recently flooded, and in places a lot of the trees were sporting the associated debris.
DSC01004b.JPG (144.8 KiB) Viewed 1095 times
Near the end of our journey, this fine specimen (about 3.5 metres long) was happy to pose for photos - fantastic.
Near the end of our journey, this fine specimen (about 3.5 metres long) was happy to pose for photos - fantastic.
DSC01011b.JPG (133.14 KiB) Viewed 1095 times
It really was a MAGNIFICENT DAY OUT. You just don't know what is on your doorstep.

Fullreport and more photos here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 718&type=1

Points 48; Position 18
vistana

Post by vistana »

Thanks BB for an excellent report, must add it to our short list of things to do in the New Year.

Cheers :cheers:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I had to chase one of those out of my back garden before I sold my previous home! :shock:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

hhfarang wrote:Image

I had to chase one of those out of my back garden before I sold my previous home! :shock:
Did you work up a sweat? :duck:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I work up a sweat blinking my eyes here! :wink:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hhfarang wrote:I had to chase one of those out of my back garden before I sold my previous home! :shock:
I had to free one from our rottweiler's jaws a couple of months ago. Mind you, it wasn't 3.5 mtrs long.

Points 48; Position 18
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Mine either, it was about a meter long, but I was afraid of what it would do if the dogs found it before I got it out of the yard. Those things are fierce fighters. I'm not sure who would have won. We had a fish pond and I'm sure that's why it came.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Ours was chasing frogs. It was no match for our rottweiler. I was actually amazed at how fast they can run. As soon as I released it (unharmed), it ran very fast up the road into a neighbour's house.

Points 48; Position 18
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

It is not impossible that we will go on the sea cruises on The Peacock too if we find the time. Visit Pak Nam Pran, Monkey Island, Sam Roi Yod National Park with a visit to the Phraya Nakhon Cave.
Artilery
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Artilery »

Has anyone recently done the firefly cruise and, if so, did you see many fireflys?
many years ago we went on a trip in Malaysia (towards the coast from KL) and it was incredible the number that we saw. All the bushes were flashing like Christmas trees.
All the best to everyone on the forum
Art
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

OK, I have booked 3 cruised for me and my girlfriend in March. Have booked the Eco-River cruise, Firefly cruise and the Sea cruise on 'The Peacock'. And I am really looking forward to them all. :D