Mermaid Cruises - sublime...

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Mermaid Cruises - sublime...

Post by Vital Spark »

The great thing about having visitors to stay (and a holiday) is that you get to do all those things you've been meaning to try, but haven't quite got round to.

We were fortunate last week to take two trips with Mermaid Cruises. The first was actually courtesy of DM (thanks mate :wink: ). He finally tied the knot last Saturday, and the wedding party was on the Peacock (Barry's boat). The company was great, the food was superb, and the trip was fantastic. I'd highly recommend it as a post wedding bash, birthday party, or any excuse you can find!

Our second trip was just four of us (me, Mr.VS and our visitors from the UK) on the Kingfisher (the electric boat). Mr.VS and I are quite keen birdwatchers, and we had a wonderful trip in the morning up the mangrove swamp area, a great lunch back at HQ, and then up the Pranburi river in the afternoon. Abel (Barry's partner) was our hugely informative, and friendly guide and we saw a lot of wildlife. Even if you're not into birds (the feathered variety), it's a lovely relaxing way to spend a day. The cost of the whole day was probably less than a night out in a restaurant.

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Thanks very much for your kind words VS - glad you had such a good time and the best of luck with your move.

Thanks also to Dtai Mai for hiring the boat and giving us all such a good time on his wedding day.

On the point of our electric boat, we've now completed our second one.
It seats 20 people and has a top speed of almost 10 knots or 19 km/h.

We have received permission to take it to Ampawah (Samut Songkram) and use it on the floating market and firefly tour there, which has up to now been plagued by noise pollution from the conventional diesel long-tail boats.

In fact, the problem there is so great that locals have been cutting down the lompoon trees on the river bank where the fireflies reside in order to stop the boats going there.

We hope to be in operation there by the end of this month.
vulcanizer
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Mermaid Cruises - sublime...

Post by vulcanizer »

Hi Barry,

Im in HH on 22nd for 4 nights, interested in night fishing trip and floating market trip......

Please let me know if spaces are available for me on either trip.

Thanks,

V
photosonmytravels
Rookie
Rookie

Post by photosonmytravels »

Just been looking at your website, count me in......see you soon! Looks fantastic.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

.....The first was actually courtesy of DM (thanks mate :wink: ). He finally tied the knot last Saturday...................
Missed this........

Ahhhhhh! So that's where you've been, getting hitched, congratulations Image. So when can we expect to see you back on the board DM?

She's not banned you from forums already has she? :naughty:

:cheers:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Hi vulcanizer

Sorry about the delay in replying - no Internet connection over the weekend.
Unfortunately, we're not doing the floating market trip in the low season - there are simply not enough tourists around to make it viable!

We do have a day fishing/sightseeing trip on the Peacock scheduled for this Thursday, 24 June, though, if you're interested.
Just call me at 084-8007400 if you would like to go and we will then also give you the special HHAD 10% discount, of course!!

Hi photosonmytravels

Glad you like the website - look forward to seeing you when you're here :D
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Hi Spitfire

The reason dtaii-maii hasn't been seen on the board lately is because he's been very poorly over the last 6 months and is still struggling with his health.

I'm in regular contact with him and I'll tell him you were asking for him.

Let's hope he can make a speedy recovery and get back to making some more witty comments here.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Sorry to hear that Barry.
I believe you can say hello to him from all HHAD members and we wish him a speedy recovery.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Sorry to hear that too Barry, thanks for letting us know. Please pass on my best wishes and convey that his presence is missed on the forum, surely by more than just me. I hope he get's back to his best soon.

Thanks.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Norseman wrote:Sorry to hear that Barry.
I believe you can say hello to him from all HHAD members and we wish him a speedy recovery.
Yes, I second that. Tell him he's missed on here by me and many others. Get well soon DTM. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I hope he recovers soon! I've enjoyed some PM's with him, nice fellow :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
vulcanizer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vulcanizer »

Thanks Barry......

Have sent u a text re Thurs.......

V
livelyrich
Rookie
Rookie

Post by livelyrich »

cannot say enough good about Mermaid Cruises. Barry, Tan, Andre, and the rest of the staff/crew do everything first rate and with style. from the first moment until disembarking, you are treated so well. the food was amazing, and the friendliness of everyone on board was a blessing. Barry, along with two other sponsors (sealcat on here) shouted 70 of us from the Connect Children's Home for an unforgettable experience, one that most of the kids thought they would never get to do in their lifetime! thanks to all of you for a five star experience for everyone!!

book a cruise or a wild life watching trip with Mermaid and you will not be disappointed! A++++ all the way!
Rich Lively
Thailand Director
http://www.Connect3e.org
simflier
Novice
Novice

Post by simflier »

Vital Spark wrote:The great thing about having visitors to stay (and a holiday) is that you get to do all those things you've been meaning to try, but haven't quite got round to.

We were fortunate last week to take two trips with Mermaid Cruises. The first was actually courtesy of DM (thanks mate :wink: ). He finally tied the knot last Saturday, and the wedding party was on the Peacock (Barry's boat). The company was great, the food was superb, and the trip was fantastic. I'd highly recommend it as a post wedding bash, birthday party, or any excuse you can find!

Our second trip was just four of us (me, Mr.VS and our visitors from the UK) on the Kingfisher (the electric boat). Mr.VS and I are quite keen birdwatchers, and we had a wonderful trip in the morning up the mangrove swamp area, a great lunch back at HQ, and then up the Pranburi river in the afternoon. Abel (Barry's partner) was our hugely informative, and friendly guide and we saw a lot of wildlife. Even if you're not into birds (the feathered variety), it's a lovely relaxing way to spend a day. The cost of the whole day was probably less than a night out in a restaurant.

VS
Wow, How I wish i could see the mermaid cruise...Can you post a pic of a mermaid cruise?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18