Art classes and such?

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
bluish
Novice
Novice

Art classes and such?

Post by bluish »

I've been looking all over this forum and can't seem to find anything about taking some arts and craft classes in Hua Hin. Anybody knows of a place to do pottery or mosaic? What about book clubs or writers/artists meetings? Anywhere I can get my fill for something creative?
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Art classes and such?

Post by margaretcarnes »

Never come across pottery or mosaic classes there I'm afraid, but HH does have a lot of artists these days and I know a Thai lady who goes to a watercolour class somewhere in town.
She can be found at the HuaHin Place guesthouse - 43/21 Naebkerhardt Rd. She and her husband are the owners of the guesthouse and sometimes away in Bangkok, so it's pot luck, but she speaks very good English.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

We sent my wife's brother to art classes in the school next to palace, back in 2003. I don't know if they still offer them now, but may be worth popping in there to find out if they do ceramics as well.
No one in the family had any idea (including BIL) that he could draw and paint and his efforts amazed us all.

If I remember, they were cheap and well run. :cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
padma
Amateur
Amateur

Post by padma »

I just heard today that there are pottery classes at Vic (the new Patravadi High School - just south of the flyover.
bluish
Novice
Novice

Post by bluish »

Thanks so much, everybody. I'm moving to Hua Hin in the next couple of weeks and will check on these options.
master klaus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by master klaus »

Try Baan Silapin about 1-2 km after the Elephant Foundation on the Palaau road.
Very nice Artist Village and they offer many workshops.
Khun Tawee is the President of the artist group here in Hua Hin and his wife Khun Nang also offers workshops.

Tel./Fax.032-534830 , 0871673895 E-mail: baansillapinhuahin@yahoo.co.th
Learn Kung Fu with and get fit quick
www.wt-thailand.com
dahobbit

Post by dahobbit »

Baan Sillapin is the main place for art classes. The Vic Hua Hin has some very interesting workshops on earth scupture, right up to full-scale architecture. Check them both out for sure.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

My wife is interested in taking art classes. I see the suggestions above for the Artist's Village and Vic and will follow up on those. Seeing as this thread is a few years old, I am wondering if anyone has any other suggestions for where to look for art classes / instruction. Thanks in advance !