Carabao performing in Hua Hin

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Carabao performing in Hua Hin

Post by richard »

Seen posters in MV but in Thai

Are they coming and if so when and where?

Seen them many times in Isaan but only once here at the Luk Naam disco several years back

Any info appreciated
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Re: Carabao

Post by blue05 »

same here would love to see them
elem
Professional
Professional

Post by elem »

They will apparently be in HH on 12/12/12 ...

Richard: why did you not stop a Thai person and ask about in when you saw the posters in MV?

Via via via + google and all that, and I still do not know where they will perform...perhaps someone else knows?
:)
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.[Benjamin Franklin]
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

I always think of Carabao as the main man, not the band.

Has he taken Carabao as his nickname?

Whatever, they rock, made a few great tunes.

Absolutely fantastic , the 1st time in 7 years I won't be in HH at that time of year and Carabao are playing.

(pretty sure he's done a few low key gigs though)
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Carabao performing in Hua Hin

Post by richard »

Elem, thanks. I'll ask my Thai friends (should have thought of that in the first place)

Yes BB they do lot's of low key gigs. Been several times to small villages in Khon Kaen province where they play 'for the people'. I was usually the only farang and was kept fairly well surrounded by family as trouble usually breaks out as the Lao Khow bites and the youngsters start fighting and brandishing machetes and guns. Of course there are no official police, just village seniors.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

richard wrote:ElemOf course there are no official police, just village seniors.
Really? When we've organised gigs in Isaan, we've had to hire an equal amount of army and police to police the event :?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

BB

Depends who's paying. Carabao have their own armed security network with them. Scary when you see them pull up in 4 black vans and 20 or so armed (guns and machetes) men in black pile out around the group
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Where are they playing? I'll be in town and would love to see them.
Happiness can't buy money
Roel
Guru
Guru

Post by Roel »

Richard, next time you can also take a picture of the poster with your mobile phone. There are forum members on here who gladly translate it for you.
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.
Scotian2012
Professional
Professional

Post by Scotian2012 »

I saw them recently at Tawandaeng German Brewery in Rama 3, they were brilliant.

Great news that they'll be in Hua Hin. Appreciate any info on venue and tickets
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

richard wrote:Carabao have their own armed security network with them. Scary when you see them pull up in 4 black vans and 20 or so armed (guns and machetes) men in black pile out around the group
But you said
was kept fairly well surrounded by family as trouble usually breaks out as the Lao Khow bites and the youngsters start fighting and brandishing machetes and guns. Of course there are no official police, just village seniors
:? :? :?

Points 48; Position 20
elem
Professional
Professional

Post by elem »

Tickets now for sale in MV, 400 or 600 Baht...7000 seats available. Still don't know where they will perform...
Work in progress ;)
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.[Benjamin Franklin]
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

What musical genre do they fall into please? I know my son would probably be interested if they're Heavy Rock.

Points 48; Position 20
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Big Boy wrote:
richard wrote:Carabao have their own armed security network with them. Scary when you see them pull up in 4 black vans and 20 or so armed (guns and machetes) men in black pile out around the group
But you said
was kept fairly well surrounded by family as trouble usually breaks out as the Lao Khow bites and the youngsters start fighting and brandishing machetes and guns. Of course there are no official police, just village seniors
:? :? :?
Carabao security there to take care of Carabao, roadies, equipment and stage

Seniors (and recruited local villagers) are there to handle the drunken youths and marshal crowds and traffic. Some elders do have designated police powers from the district police.

Seniors or elders are not necessarily OLD but recognised as the village wise men who report to the village chief
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

elem
Professional
Professional

Post by elem »

BB: search for Carabao on Ytube and you'll get an idea of the kind of music they are playing.