Hua Hin Bike Week 2014

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Re: Hua Hin Bike Week 2014

Post by JamesWest »

just got back from the Friday "week". I was disappointed. Not much to look at. Of course there was music so loud you cannot ask any questions or conduct any business.

Kawasaki and Ducati were there. no other bike dealers.
the new Versys 1000 was there, but not the 650.

suprised at the lack of after market parts and accessories.
mostly helmets and jackets and Harley fashions but no Bikes.
really big music setup. i wonder who pays for the event?
i don't see how anyone makes any money.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

JamesWest wrote:i don't see how anyone makes any money.
I've only managed to get to one, and that consisted of loads of people giving very generously to charity. I don't think the idea is to 'make' money, but to 'raise' money for good causes.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

JamesWest wrote:just got back from the Friday "week". I was disappointed. Not much to look at.
I think I did mention that the main event was Saturday night and Friday is just a warm-up.

Photos from last year (where it was held at 48 rai): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25319&start=16
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

buksida wrote:
JamesWest wrote:just got back from the Friday "week". I was disappointed. Not much to look at.
I think I did mention that the main event was Saturday night and Friday is just a warm-up.

Photos from last year (where it was held at 48 rai): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25319&start=16
yes the second night was much better. my thailand girlfriend loved the band.

I did get to see the 2015 Versys 650 in black on the second night and meet the Kawasaki people. They were very helpful.

Interesting to see the influence of America on the rest of the world. I doubt most people even know what they are mimicking.

This was my first time to a bike week, and info for anyone in the future:
it is not during the day, the show starts at 6:00pm, the first night is free and is sort of slow to setup, the second night is 200 baht per person.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
buksida

Post by buksida »

The organisers have kept the event very Harley centric over the years but it was good to see stands from Kawasaki and Ducati finally getting in there.
DSC_2465.jpg
DSC_2470.jpg
DSC_2475.jpg
DSC_2477.jpg
DSC_2478.jpg
DSC_2481.jpg
DSC_2483.jpg
DSC_2485.jpg
DSC_2487.jpg
DSC_2489.jpg
DSC_2490.jpg
DSC_2491.jpg
DSC_2495.jpg
DSC_2496.jpg
DSC_2497.jpg
DSC_2498.jpg
DSC_2502.jpg
DSC_2506.jpg
DSC_2507.jpg
DSC_2511.jpg
DSC_2515.jpg
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson