End Rabies Day - Kasetsart University, Hua Hin

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

End Rabies Day - Kasetsart University, Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy »

I was down at Kasetsart University Teaching Hospital with one of my dogs for her monthly check up earlier today.

In their main waiting area there is a lot of publicity to mark End Rabies Together Day, which is 28 Sept'15.

To mark the occasion, they are giving free Rabies injections to animals (limited to 50 per day) between 28 Sept until 2 Oct'15

Attached is the flyer they gave me:
Rabies.jpg
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: End Rabies Day - Kasetsart University, Hua Hin

Post by Takiap »

Certainly good intentions, but how many people are going to take the most "at risk" dogs there for the vaccine. If your dogs are contained within your own premises, there isn't really much risk of them becoming infected in the first place. It's mostly the street dogs that are at the most risk, and let's be honest, not many people even give them a second thought.

The council host free clinics as well on a semi regular basis where people can take their dogs to get vaccinated; cut and etc. but these clinics are mostly deserted.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I know where you're coming from Takiap. The guy gave us the flyer as if we'd won the lottery, but our dogs are already vaccinated annually anyway, and it doesn't exactly break the bank.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

"End rabies day" That's hilarious... why don't they try to get serious and start spaying and neutering all the wild Soi dogs in Thailand. Domesticated dogs are not the problem.
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
bert91157

Post by bert91157 »

Never mind spaying and neutering them, Shoot the bloody things. There a nuisance :guns: :guns:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I guessed I would draw out the hate brigade by posting :? . However, any of you with animals without Rabies vaccination, here's your chance to do something useful, and save some cash at the same time.

Points 48; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

According to the flyer BB posted, you have to take the flyer with you. So maybe it's meant for regular customers. Or maybe they'll hand them out to people showing up with their pets during the promotion period?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

At 50 a day, that's quite a lot of regular customers who don't have vaccination.

If anybody wants my flyer, I've still got it :?

Points 48; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

bert91157 wrote:Never mind spaying and neutering them, Shoot the bloody things. There a nuisance :guns: :guns:
If you're going to give 'hate-posts' at least get your simple grammar correct or you come across as just stupid.

Sensible solutions would be welcome but your solution is a 'knee-jerk' solution and implausible.

Maybe people like yourself should be lined up and shot! At least that would rid the world of a few bigots.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

jumusman wrote:"End rabies day" That's hilarious... why don't they try to get serious and start spaying and neutering all the wild Soi dogs in Thailand. Domesticated dogs are not the problem.
28th Sept is World Rabies Day, so this is Kasetsart's contribution. As for soi dogs that should be the tessaban's responsibility, and perhaps it should also be doing something.
bert91157

Post by bert91157 »

Maybe people like yourself should be lined up and shot! At least that would rid the world of a few bigots.
I think you might find yourself in the same line up.