Could Hua Hin Support An Ice Skating Rink?

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Could Hua Hin Support An Ice Skating Rink?

Post by hhinner »

Takiap wrote:...
Now why the heck doesn't someone open an ice skating place around here somewhere?

:cheers:
Open air?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Soi 88 Water Park - with photos

Post by HHTel »

Very costly venture. I doubt whether there are enough skaters in HH to make it worthwhile. So in the meantime, you could include it in a day's outing to BKK.
Big Boy

Re: Could Hua Hin Support An Ice Skating Rink?

Post by Big Boy »

In the UK before I left, temporary rinks were very popular around Christmas/New Year in many towns and cities. It worked in the UK, so why not during high season here?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

When I was living in Jakarta they opened an ice rink in a shopping mall which I thought was the maddest idea ever but it turned out to be massively popular. What confused me was where all those Asian kids had learnt to skate as it was the first one around.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think it would be a great asset to Market Village as part of their Christmas display.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

There is one in the Paragon, Bangkok. Very popular.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yes, and a good sized rink at Mega Bang Na as well.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Soon to be two in Korat - one in the Mall and one in T21.
Talk is cheap
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

prcscct wrote:Yes, and a good sized rink at Mega Bang Na as well.
Mega Bang?
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I think the question should be could Hua Hin support two ice skating rinks................ you know the script!
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

This article more or less fits here. Made me chuckle, except the energy part. Pete :cheers:

Energy-guzzling snow parks boom in sizzling Thailand

"Bangkok (AFP) - In a hall filled with psychedelic ice sculptures, there are shrieks of excitement as a toboggan careers down an ice run, its occupants snugly wrapped up against the sub-zero temperatures.

But this is no fun park in an icy Siberian wasteland -- this is tropical Bangkok."....

http://news.yahoo.com/energy-guzzling-s ... 41387.html
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Hua Hin use a large quantity of water for his golfs, now some farangs have the strange idea of a ice skating ring.
There is one in Bangkok and even a snow city. Do you know that they use a huge quantity of water and electricity.
Here we complain about water shortage and electrical problems and you want an ice skating ring ? Don't forget that water shortage responsables are golfers.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

The Ice Bar and "frozen room" at the Titanium Club in Bangkok is very popular with Thais. I think they hate the heat almost as much as I did. I've seen the ice rink at Paragon so crowded it was difficult for people to actually skate so I think it may have a chance in Hua Hin, especially if it was in a mall like that new Blueport place. Maybe that's what they should have done with the old basement garage floor at Market Village. They could have cut viewing areas out of the ground floor overlooking the rink.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?