Vana Nava Hua Hin City FC 2016

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Re: Vana Nava Hua Hin City FC 2016

Post by Big Boy »

BTU FC 2 - 0 Vana Nava Hua Hin City

The 3rd time the team have used Prachuap's bus, and the 3rd away defeat :cry: - OK, just a coincidence I imagine :D .

The heaviest defeat of the season, after Hua Hin's new look team was looking solid in two thirds of the field ............... wait a minute, haven't we been solid there all season? The problem has been that we haven't had a forward to support Arnop all season, or at least we haven't had one who doesn't lose his bottle in front of goal.

New players on the pitch were:

- No.3 - Suphachai
- No.8 - Nattapong (so we have 2 Nattapongs - No.2 as well)
- No.25 - Pairat
- No.37 - Koriacot (Po)

I was delighted to see Po in a Hua Hin shirt again. He was one of last season's 'superstars' who I believed made a positive difference. Sure enough he slotted right back into the team. However, with Jenrop and Roland, we now had 3 centre halves playing. Po was playing a sweeper role. Suphachai and Saranyu were playing as 'England style' attacking wing backs, but with much less effect I'm afraid. Nattapong took his position just behind Arnop. Pairat was more midfield.

For 75 minutes, Hua Hin looked solid in the first 2/3rds, but I'm afraid the last 1/3d was a case of same, same but different - same outcome. Hua Hin's only first half on target ball came when Wongsawad mis-controlled a ball on the edge of the penalty area, and it ricocheted to the bottom left corner of the goal, requiring a good save from the keeper. However, I may be doing Wongsawad an injustice - it may have been a brilliant piece of footballing skill.

Second half was much the same until a bizarre 75th minute incident where a BTU player picked up a yellow card for savagely attacking a corner post. This resulted in a long delay while they found a substitute corner post. During the break, the BTU manager held a conference with his team. I can only assume that he'd spotted a major weakness in the Hua Hin side. When the game re-started, BTU were in a different class, and were unfortunate not to win by 4 goals. I only hope that our manager spotted the weakness also, else we could have problems at Simork next week. However, he doesn't seem to have noticed that we definitely need a couple of strikers.

On the plus side, we still have new players to come into the side. One of them being Simon, so that will give us 4 class centre halves :? .

At the moment, we are looking certainties to be relegated into the new Div 2 next season - 10 games to go.

Next game is at Simork next Saturday at 4pm.
Simork_Cover.jpg
Simork_Cover.jpg (114.56 KiB) Viewed 1577 times
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We couldn't get enough together for a bus to yesterday's match, so I drove. As always, driving is the cheapest option, with yesterday's fuel costing just 600 Baht.

Early indications are that we will struggle to get enough together for a bus to next Saturday's match at Simork (Suphan Buri), which is probably the longest trip of the season.

Obviously, I'd prefer to travel by bus, but will drive if needs be. However, I would drive up Saturday morning, stay in a hotel overnight and drive back Sunday morning. Hotels (with good reviews) are available at under 500 Baht. i will book a hotel Wednesday morning if bus travel still looks unlikely.

I need to know if anybody is interested in travelling. If it will be a bus, I need to know by close of play Tuesday. If i drive, people will be welcome to join me at any time up until 10 am Saturday morning (if there's still space in the car). The route avoids Bangkok, so I wouldn't anticipate delays.

Please PM me or reply to this thread if interested.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Not looking very good. We've just suffered the season's worst defeat, 9 points from safety and only 10 games to go. Still in desperate need of a couple of strikers. If we can't score, we can't win.
Gameweek_12.png
Gameweek_12.png (29.84 KiB) Viewed 1446 times

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Simork 0 - 1 Vana Nava Hua Hin City

Well, they left the Prachuap team bus behind yesterday, and ended the losing streak, :D

Of note yesterday was the return of Samuel Lampty (No. 30) - he teamed up with last week's returnee, Po, and between they must make the leagues most formidable defensive pair. Simork made some beautiful moves towards Shota's goal, but as soon they came within Lamptey/Po range, they just capitulated. I don't remember Shota actually having to make a save.

it was same old, same old with Hua Hin's attack. Arnop was often a very lonely man, with absolutely no support.

The goal came during a really heavy downpour. A corner, flicked on at the near post, and Lamptey's boot was there to slot it home.

On balance, Simork were probably the better side, but it's goals that count, and this was 3 very welcome points in out battle to avoid this season's relegation fiasco. The next 2 gmes are against bottom clubs, so if we can grab another 6 points from them, we'll be sitting much better to avoid the drop.

Strangely enough, it was a 1 goal defeat here last season that marked the start of Hua Hin's demise. Here's hoping it has the opposite effect this season.

Next week is away to bottom club IPE Samut Sakhorn
IPE_Samut_Sakhon_Cover.jpg
IPE_Samut_Sakhon_Cover.jpg (81.03 KiB) Viewed 1345 times

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I seem to be flogging a dead horse these days, but it's a local derby on Saturday at IPE Samut Sakhorn. We need to grab another valuable 3 points, as we fight to stave off this season's outrageous relegation fiasco. If anybody is interested in travelling to watch the match, please reply to this thread, or PM me.

It was so sad when we scored last Saturday, the silence in the crowd was deafening. I actually had to ask somebody if we'd scored.

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

IPE Samut Sakhon 1 - 0 Vana Nava Hua Hin City

After the comedy of errors (did I say comedy? Tragedy would be more appropriate) leading up to this match, what we got on the day was no less than what we should have expected.

- KO time was switched from 17:30 to 16:00.
- Matchday was switched from the 9th to the 10th.
- The club would not confirm whether the match was being played at IPE Samut Sakhon IPE Campus Stadium or Samut Songkram Stadium. The 2 stadiums are 30 miles apart.

Never in 50 years of football have I known a professional football club treat its supporters with so much contempt. On the plus side, a supporters bus was laid on at the last minute yesterday (I'd already agreed to drive, so too late for me), but hopefully this will become a regular feature again, especially with Chumphon being our next away match.

The match itself was one of the worst displays of football that I've ever seen Hua Hin City involved in. The first mistake was playing the short passing game - we couldn't complete more than 2 passes without the ball being intercepted. On the rare occassion we got the ball into the last third, we were a toothless tiger. We don't have any forwards, but how many times have I said that this season? How many goals have been scored by a forward for Hua Hin this season - 2!!!!!.

The manager has brought in the players he believes will prevent us being relegated this season. We must have the strongest defence in Thailand, but obviously the manager has not advanced to his 'Winning Football Matches For Dummies' badge yet. To win, you need to be able to score goals. Yesterday's squad could not have scored so long as their backsides pointed downwards. Yet the opposition had one of our promising young attackers in their team yesterday, and he did put in a few shots.

Every week, at every match there are a couple of coloured players sat in the stands with us. One of these players has been identified as a player who knows where the back of the net is. One of our party asked him why he wasn't playing - the manager thinks he's too young.

The likes of Nutthapong, not everybody's favourite player, but he scored some vital goals for us in our championship season, and scored 1 in 2 appearances this season. He walked out because the manager didn't like him. He signed for another 2nd Div team yesterday.

After last week's win against Simork, I believed that we could make the top 4 cut and avoid this season's relegation farce. Yesterday was a true relegation performance by Hua Hin. With a performance like that, we don't deserve to make the cut, and I no longer believe we can.

I am now resigned to the fact we will be playing in the 4th tier of Thai football next season - o what joy.

Next week we are at home to Muangkan Utd.
MuangKan_Cover.jpg
MuangKan_Cover.jpg (75.28 KiB) Viewed 1328 times

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

7 points to safety, and 8 games to go - not looking good.
Gameweek_14.png
Gameweek_14.png (28.71 KiB) Viewed 1255 times

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Vana Nava Hua Hin City 1 - 0 Muangkan

Every game from now until the end of the season is going to be a relegation battle because of the way the Thai FA have moved the goal posts mid season. Relegation battles mean scrappy football, and today was no exception.

Muangkan came into the game 2nd in the form table after 4 wins out of the last 5.

Hua Hin started the game without a striker. Last week's full back was centre forward, with Ali G on one wing (he's a good midfielder, but I don't think he managed to cross a single ball) and Nattapong on the other wing - not really sure where his strength lies. So it was 55 minutes before a striker was introduced to Hua Hin's attack.

The first half saw Hua Hin have all the chances, but had nobody capable of hitting the target with any force.

The second half saw Hua Hin taking more and more control, but still lacking a goal scorer.

In about the 88th minute, Hua Hin were awarded a free kick about 30 yards out. Everybody expected Wongsawad to blast another opportunity over the bar. However, a newly introduced No.38 (don't know name yet) stepped up to the ball with his shiny orange boots. In true Johnny Wilkinson style he paced backwards 4 steps, did a little shuffle, and did the Johnny Wilkinson hands thing while staring his target out. I honestly thought this was going to be a dead cert 3 point conversion, between the sticks, but clear of the crossbar. He moved forward with precision, and struck the ball cleanly. It cut through the wall like a hot knife through butter, past the goalie and into the the net - 1-0 :D

Basically it was a scrappy, but welcome 3 points against an in form team. It keeps us alive in the relegation struggle for another week.

Next week, it's away to Chumphon:
Chumphon_cover.jpg
Chumphon_cover.jpg (94.6 KiB) Viewed 1163 times
The supporters association are hoping to run a bus. Fare will be calculated by cost of bus, divided by number of passengers, so the more that travel, the cheaper it gets. If interested, PM me details, and I will try to give more information as it becomes known.

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Still mathematically possible - 7 points behind with 7 games to go to avoid this season's relegation farce.
Gameweek_15.png
Gameweek_15.png (30.83 KiB) Viewed 1090 times

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Chumphon FC 1 - 1 Vana Nava Hua Hin City

Yet another scrappy game with trying to avoid this this season's relegation farce the main consideration.

Hua Hin started their 2nd consecutive game without a recognised striker in the starting 11. Our full back from 2 weeks ago, Rapeephat who is the latest Hua Hin player to join the pineapple brigade was leading the attack, supported by new player No.36 Saksit. Basically, neither player made an impression, and apart one header, which went well wide by Patay, Hua Hin didn't have an open play chance throughout the match. We were missing our captain, Wongsawad, who was on the bench and Roland, who was not at the match.

Chumphon had ex Hua Hin players Kanchit, who gave the home side the lead, and Sato, who nearly made it 2 with a beautifully weighted free kick, which had Shota beaten, but struck the post.

The pitch was more suited to bog snorkeling, and I doubt whether the match would have gone ahead in the UK. Although it was the same pitch for bot teams, Chumphon were much better playing on it.

Chumphon were by far the better side on the day, and were very lucky score. Our goal scorer, Lamptey should have been sent off about 2 minutes earlier. Lamptey was brought down in the box and when he wasn't awarded a penalty, he saw red. He marched over to the linesman, who had made suspect decisions on both sides throughout the match, literally screaming at him as he got closer. He squared right up to him, and head butted the linesman - a straight red and reported to the Thai FA you would think.

No, the ref ran to the scene, and simply told Lamptey to go away and get on with the game.

The linesman was having none of that, and called the ref, 4th official (to support him) and Lamptey back again. It all kicked off again, and I felt Lamptey was surely going to walk this time. No, the ref told Lamptey to walk away again. There was a very disgruntled linesman.

About a minute later, Lamptey put the ball into the net with seconds to spare.

A point was not really deserved. Hua Hin have a very strong defence, but a poor attack. They rely on scoring their goals through set pieces. We are now 7 points from survival, with 6 games remaining. Mathematically still possible, but unlikely.
Gameweek_16.png
Gameweek_16.png (31.46 KiB) Viewed 972 times
Next game is next Saturday at Takiab Stadium @ 17:30 against Nonthaburi. 3 points on Saturday are essential.
Nonthaburi_cover.jpg
Nonthaburi_cover.jpg (75.56 KiB) Viewed 972 times

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Video highlights from yesterday's match. The jury is still out regarding whether the head made contact with the linesman.

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Vana Nava Hua Hin City 0 - 1 Nonthaburi FC

I am gutted. That was one of the worst matches I have ever seen Hua Hin play, and this result almost certainly means Tier 4 Thai football next season. All season we have been crying out for forwards, yet we still don't have any. 14 goals in 17 matches says a lot. We always work to the same game plan, pass, pass and pass again (if the the ball hasn't already been intercepted). Rarely do you see a Hua Hin player run with the ball, and if you do, he invariably falls over before he reaches a danger area. We have no plan B. Our plan is defend well, and try to score from a set play.

Yes, it was another relegation battle, but at least there won't be many more to suffer. We are virtually relegated now - potentially 10 points from safety, with only 15 more points to play for.

Now, I don't usually despair too much when I see bad football - a lifetime of supporting Plymouth Argyle has prepared me very well. I just enjoy supporting my local football team. I have only missed 2 matches in 3 seasons, win, draw or lose I'm always there. Well today's performance, on the back of several similar performances. I am actually wavering on whether I want to travel to next week's match at Thonburi.

Watching Hua Hin this season has been harder because I've had to arrange my own transport, and often a hotel as well. My current feeling is, no supporter's bus, then I'm not travelling. Of course, a couple of days may change that stance. I'm seriously considering knocking away games on the head until the end of the season.

As for next season, who knows? I'll wait to see what happens at the club during the close season.
Thonburi_City_cover.jpg
Thonburi_City_cover.jpg (98.7 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Somebody included the following in an e-mail to me this morning, which I thought very appropriate:
Going down, ladies underwear, furniture, second-hand HH shirts and season tickets.

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

8 points from safety, with just 15 points to play for. Mathematically possible, but ............................
Gameweek_17.png
Gameweek_17.png (31.51 KiB) Viewed 759 times

Points 48; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

How many teams get relegated BB - HH are currently 5th from bottom so it's unusual to have so many teams from one division to get relegated?