Vana Nava Hua Hin City FC 2016

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Re: Vana Nava Hua Hin City FC 2016

Post by Big Boy »

Under the farce declared at the midway point of the season, a total of 64 teams will be relegated from the current third tier of Thai football. That is 8 teams from each of the regional leagues. The bottom team will suffer a double relegation to obscurity the fifth tier.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well, for only the 2nd time in 3 seasons, I will not be travelling to this afternoon's match at Thonburi (the previous time was after my sister-in-law had died after a horrific accident in which a branch fell from a tree and speared her).

The club have made it very clear that they don't want supporters, yet again giving a dubious venue for the match. For several matches now, they have been advertising the wrong location for away matches, and will not answer enquiries when the location has been queried e.g. for today's match, they advertise the venue as Thonburi Stadium. I believe the venue is 84 Birthday Anniversary of His Majesty the King Sport Club Stadium. Yes, I always find the correct stadium, but I have to set off a couple of hours early just in case the club are telling the truth and I was wrong. This makes a long day, even longer.

The dubious location, combined with the very poor play at the moment has made me decide not to travel for at least the rest of this season. My decision to travel next season will depend on whether there are any significant changes to the club's admin staff during the close season.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Big Boy wrote:Well, for only the 2nd time in 3 seasons, I will not be travelling to this afternoon's match at Thonburi (the previous time was after my sister-in-law had died after a horrific accident in which a branch fell from a tree and speared her).

The club have made it very clear that they don't want supporters, yet again giving a dubious venue for the match. For several matches now, they have been advertising the wrong location for away matches, and will not answer enquiries when the location has been queried e.g. for today's match, they advertise the venue as Thonburi Stadium. I believe the venue is 84 Birthday Anniversary of His Majesty the King Sport Club Stadium. Yes, I always find the correct stadium, but I have to set off a couple of hours early just in case the club are telling the truth and I was wrong. This makes a long day, even longer.

The dubious location, combined with the very poor play at the moment has made me decide not to travel for at least the rest of this season. My decision to travel next season will depend on whether there are any significant changes to the club's admin staff during the close season.
I understand you fully BB,these clovns doesn't deserve supporters,when they treat us like that.
I think I wouldn't have your patience and had stoped long time ago,if I was in Thailand.
The strike problem have been a issue since the twins left us imo,so why they haven't dealt with it is beyond logic, but TIT,so no logic needed :tsk:

:cheers: :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Is it "they don't want supports" in general, or they don't want foreign supporters? Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

prcscct wrote:Is it "they don't want supports" in general, or they don't want foreign supporters? Pete
I'm sure BB will clarify,but I think it's both

:cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

prcscct wrote:Is it "they don't want supports" in general, or they don't want foreign supporters? Pete
That's a difficult one Pete. I like to think its Thai and Farang, with the Farang element being magnified because of language problems.

A few examples:

- They played 2 friendlies during the mid-season break, and told nobody about them. I heard about it after the first game, and asked the club. Surprisingly, it was one of the rare times the club have confirmed anything to me.

- We signed some new players. I asked for their names - silence was the reply. Eventually, I asked elsewhere, and they got the answers.

- Venues and kick off times have been changed in Hua Hin - no notification from the club.

- Away venues are often given incorrectly. I ask for confirmation, but don't get a response. They know who I am, they know I'm a Farang in a foreign country. They know I often make my own way. Why won't they tell me where they are playing? It's bad enough driving in a foreign country to a strange town, but then having to find the correct venue from 2 or 3 possible locations adds a huge strain.

How can I be sure they know who I am? A few weeks ago, we sat as we often do with the WAGS. One of the players left his handbag with his girlfriend. On the way back to our hotel, the man responsible for giving the much needed information (he hadn't been sat in the stand), phoned me. I saw who was phoning, and handed the phone to my wife. The handbag had gone missing, and did we have it? FFS, what a question!!! As it happened, my wife had seen where the WAG had put the handbag, and directed them back to find - I wouldn't have had a clue.

I could go on, but public relations is not the club's strong point.

Now, until this season, the club had shown some respect for the supporters, and used to pay for away trips. I think I've said before, I was always grateful, and rather than accept charity, I used to sponsor the kids to pay my own way.

This season, there are 2 warring factions within supporters (I get on with both sets, and have driven both sets to away matches this season, but not together), the Ultras and Hardcore. Until this season they stood and cheered together. This season they hate each others guts. It is because of this that the club is supposedly not laying on transport this season. However, the sponsors are still handing out money to the Thai supporters. Only last week the Ultras turned up in shiny new PINK T shirts, which would have come from sponsors money.

So, going back to the question, Thais and Farangs are treated the same. My family has quite a few freebie T shirts etc, and if we actually sat with one of the supporters associations, we would be getting them this year as well.

It all comes down to one dick in admin, who has his head stuck up his own backside, and believes the club is there for his personal enjoyment. He knows who he is, and I've referred to him elsewhere in this post.

Most of the club want supporters, the players are always grateful, but one cook is spoiling the broth.

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thonburi City 0 - 1 Vana Nava Hua Hin City

I didn't go, so can't say much. No.36 Saksit scored early in the first half. My source at the ground says it was a very close game ................. against bottom of the league.

Next game is next SUNDAY at home to Assumption Utd.
Assumption_Cover.jpg
Assumption_Cover.jpg (76.14 KiB) Viewed 938 times

Points 48; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^^
It must be disheartening. Here was something people were enjoying and participating in as fans, then all this drama begins. I'm sure things will fix themselves eventually but that doesn't eliminate current frustration. At least British football is starting. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It's certainly not the best way to increase the fan base.

Trouble is, a win restores belief in many Thais that we can escape the drop. There are no games today because of the elections, but some teams will be playing Monday instead. There are 4 games (12 Points) left to play and we're 8 points from safety, and still have 3 of the top 4 teams to play.

We had a post on Thai maths in the News of the Weird thread yesterday :?

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The good news is we can't finish bottom :D . The bad news is a top 4 is extremely unlikely now. Relegation to the 4th tier of Thai football is looking inevitable :cry: .
Gameweek_18.png
Gameweek_18.png (32.07 KiB) Viewed 847 times

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Apologies, but my source for league tables, Soccerway have recorded a BTU win as a draw. Therefore 5th place BTU have 29 points and bottom team Thonburi City have only 10 points.

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Security is being increased at today's match. I'd suggest arriving a few minutes early to avoid being delayed and missing the start of the match.

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Vana Nava Hua Hin City 1 - 1 Assumption Utd

A win today would have seen Hua Hin back in the relegation battle. Any other result would mean the situation was hopeless.

Probably for the first time in the 2nd half of the season, the manager fielded a team, which looked as though it could attack. As it turned out, there was plenty of attacking, but still the forwards had very little idea what to do with the ball when in front of goal. As usual, the Hua Hin goal came from a set play when Wongsawad converted a penalty in the 8th minute to equalise an early Assumption strike.

Assumption looked very dangerous on the break, but it was probably 60/40 in Hua Hin's favour.

Next week it is away to Krung Thonburi, where I expect relegation to the 4th tier of Thai football to be confirmed. This was the last match I am able to attend this season.
Krungthonburi_cover.jpg
Krungthonburi_cover.jpg (100.11 KiB) Viewed 689 times

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

BTU actually have 2 additional points and should be 5th.
Gameweek_19.png
Gameweek_19.png (31.27 KiB) Viewed 679 times

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Krungthonburi FC 2 - 0 Vana Nava Hua Hin City

A very sad day. Hua Hin had to win today to keep alive the dream of continuing to play in the 3rd tier of Thai Football. They failed to win, so are now condemned to play in the 4th tier next season.

I didn't travel, so have no idea how they performed. It was still 0 - 0 at half time.

RELEGATED

Points 48; Position 18