13th Preserve Hua Hin Beach Run ** With Photos

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Re: 13th Preserve Hua Hin Beach Run

Post by Big Boy »

GLCQuantum wrote:I''ll guess John gets back around 1hr 30 surely. Young fit lad like himself.
He does if he wants a fat boy breakfast.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Have you guys seen the crazy times that people finish the half marathon in...

World record

Ridiculous! :shock:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'd have liked to see him finish in that speed on last years course. Only in Thailand could they think of running up a mountain to finish.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

...running up a mountain to finish.
I agree. Only in Thailand.

:cheers:
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Big Boy wrote:I'd have liked to see him finish in that speed on last years course. Only in Thailand could they think of running up a mountain to finish.
That's just a wee speed-bump... :P
:neener:
GN.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It was big enough for me :D

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well, I'm sure everybody will be pleased to know that I don't have to move this thread into Night Crawlers. Neither I, nor any of my spotters saw anybody running around sporting Superman trunks - were you there GLC? So no GLC photos to post.

I was there this morning to support Team Wado, and I am delighted to announce that Ginjaninja was the first Farang home after running the full course in a very creditable 1 hr 30 min. Wado Karate did the lessor distance because he had to be at work for 9. Whilt not earth shattering, he achieved his 1 hour goal.

A few snaps from the event..........
Ginjaninja and Wado Karate before
Ginjaninja and Wado Karate before
DSC00135.jpg (68.76 KiB) Viewed 530 times
Start of the 10K
Start of the 10K
DSC00144.jpg (112.56 KiB) Viewed 530 times
Start of the 5K
Start of the 5K
DSC00145.jpg (109.22 KiB) Viewed 530 times
Start of the Half Marathon
Start of the Half Marathon
DSC00143.jpg (106.94 KiB) Viewed 529 times
Wado Karate and Ginjaninja afterwards
Wado Karate and Ginjaninja afterwards
DSC00175.jpg (109.57 KiB) Viewed 530 times
Thai massage for many after the race
Thai massage for many after the race
DSC00173.jpg (136.06 KiB) Viewed 530 times
A very well organised event.

Points 48; Position 18
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: 13th Preserve Hua Hin Beach Run ** With Photos

Post by GLCQuantum »

You would have been waiting quite some time to see me crawl over the line.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

So, you were there? Didn't see anybody in a Superman outfit. What was your time?

Points 48; Position 18
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Ginjaninja, before and after... love it!! :laugh: :laugh: :cheers:
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote:Ginjaninja, before and after... love it!! :laugh: :laugh: :cheers:
There was this as well :D
Knackered
Knackered
DSC00169.jpg (79.99 KiB) Viewed 531 times
Knackered
Knackered
DSC00171.jpg (90.47 KiB) Viewed 531 times

Points 48; Position 18
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

8)
Just under 1hr 34mins to be precise B.B. and 6th place in my age category.
My iPhone running app recorded less than the 21.1km for the half-marathon.

Well done to Sensei John who made good time in the 10K and also BritJim who also came 6th place in his age category (half-marathon) missing a trophy by one position. Better luck next year Jim.

I thought I made a good start getting on to Takiab beach running with maybe the top 5 runners it appeared however once I got round the Khao Tao reservoir and almost at the 9km marker I met with the real runners having already passed the half-way marker and heading home. Two kilometres ahead!!!?? Does that mean they will finish >4kms ahead of me at the finish?? :shock: :shock:

At this point it was clear to me that there was no way I could win this event (yeah dream-on GN).

Around the 11km marker (I think) a foreigner overtook me as well as a very friendly and very lean Thai guy who I recognised from my morning beach runs. Getting closer to the beach again, an older Thai guy shouted in support "#2 foreigner"..... As funny as it was I wasn't having any of that 'number 2 falang' carry-on.
At the first water-stop heading back North again I was able to pass the #1 falang as he fetched some water and put some distance between us (thank you CamelBak!). My friendly Thai runner kept a good pace and we ran quite quickly shoulder to shoulder for almost the entire length of the beach. At the last water-stop he signalled that he needed a drink and just took off turbo-charged. There was no way I was going to keep with him.
My beach friend took the podium in the top-five to receive his trophy.... well done that guy and I think without his spirit and companionship I wouldn't have done so well on the run back to finish.
Anyway been looking forward to this beer for several weeks now....
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Ginjaninja.
Team Wado, 15-May-2016.PNG
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It was still a very creditable time GN.

The guy that won the race however, must have finished a good 20 minutes ahead of you, if in fact he'd done the whole course i.e. his bib indicated a Half Marathon runner.

Likewise, the winner of the 10K (if you believe the bibs) was an older lady, who was not performing as though she was running a 40 min 10K race as she crossed the finish line. There were some serious runners in that 10K, and I could not imagine her beating them.

Points 48; Position 18
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Big Boy wrote:The guy that won the race however, must have finished a good 20 minutes ahead of you, if in fact he'd done the whole course i.e. his bib indicated a Half Marathon runner.
BB, the half-marathon runners had a electronic timing chip that records the start, half-way (Sai Noi) and finish. At every short-cut opportunity there was a warden policing the route so it would be very hard to cheat the trail. I believe the runners that passed me (homeward leg) at the 9Kms marker would have easily beat my time by 20mins.
:cheers:
GN.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm not suggesting cheating, in fact the guy that came first looked really good value for a Half Marathon runner. However, I personally think the lady wearing the 10K bib was more likely to have run to Oasis, had breakfast and then run back again :D . Seriously, I think she had probably done the 5K run, and was wearing the wrong bib.

Points 48; Position 18