True Arena Hua Hin

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

True Arena Hua Hin

Post by Ginjaninja »

True Arena Hua Hin

Does anyone use this place?

Considering checking it out as a nearby gym however I'm not prepared to pay the membership fees at present.
Doesn't look like I can pay per session...?
:cheers:
GN.
Big Boy

Re: True Arena

Post by Big Boy »

A friend enquired about using it whilst visiting, and they quoted him 3 days for 3,000 Baht. However, they did offer him a free one day pass to try it first. He didn't accept either offer.

IMHO, it's a beautiful facility, but too good/expensive for your average Hua Hin resident.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Re: True Arena Hua Hin

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

I'm a member.

Fantastic facility. Arguably the best in Thailand.

Short term membership can work out pricey.

Annual membership works out at a reasonable 2500 THB per month. 6 months membership is 3000 THB per month.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

It does look fantastic, but have the English, French and German national football teams really been there for pre-season training, as claimed on their website, well that's how it reads to me? I thought the FA built a place in Burton-Upon-Trent to do that! :D
Talk is cheap
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

caller wrote:, but have the English, French and German national football teams really been there for pre-season training, D
:lies:

Not uncommon here unfortunately.

My friend just used his free day pass a few days ago. Said it's great but not nearly worth it yet (gym wise) as they have little equipment. Apparently, there was only a single bench for free weights, so given more than one bloke wanting to use it, you'll have to wait.

I just want to have a go on their never used football pitches. It's been a while since I played on a good pitch. All said and done, a couple of thousand a month (when they have finished putting equipment in) seems a fair price.

As it stands... I'm told it's not worth it.

Theo
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Theo »

I think the friend that visited went to a different gym. True Arena has the most weight equipment of any gym in Hua Hin. They have a flat bench, incline bench, smith machine and several adjustable benches for doing dumb bell presses. They hve the most cardio equipment of any gym in Hua Hin and it's all of the highest quality. The whole facillity cost over 500 million baht to build. It's state of the art.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Theo wrote:I think the friend that visited went to a different gym. True Arena has the most weight equipment of any gym in Hua Hin. They have a flat bench, incline bench, smith machine and several adjustable benches for doing dumb bell presses. They hve the most cardio equipment of any gym in Hua Hin and it's all of the highest quality. The whole facillity cost over 500 million baht to build. It's state of the art.
I stand corrected. Was given wrong information.

stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

just run the beach save a fortune
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

stretch wrote:just run the beach save a fortune
:thumb:

Better still, run the back streets, with the soi dogs giving chase you'll be super fit in no time. :cheers:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

stretch wrote:just run the beach save a fortune
I already do.