Walking Street (Binthabat, Hua Hin) Concert

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Walking Street (Binthabat, Hua Hin) Concert

Post by oakdale160 »

Youask whereare the tourists. It ismy observation that the summer tourists tend to be famililes and high end. The single guy tourists are more of the Dec-March variety.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Dannie Boy wrote:
europtimiste wrote:Will unfortunately never be like Pattaya walking street.
That's where most people will disagree with you - if you want walking street Pattaya (catch the soon to be launched fast speed ferry service) and go there, Hua Hin doesn't need it.

:agree: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:cheers: :cheers:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Dannie Boy wrote:
That's where most people will disagree with you - if you want walking street Pattaya (catch the soon to be launched fast speed ferry service) and go there, Hua Hin doesn't need it.
Feasibility isn't even done yet and if successful, even the government doesn't envisage a launch till 2020 and you know how accurate predictions are here!

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... un-by-2020
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

HHTel wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote:
Feasibility isn't even done yet and if successful, even the government doesn't envisage a launch till 2020 and you know how accurate predictions are here!

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... un-by-2020

Then perhaps Europtimiste could avail himself of the HH to Pattaya VIP( Very Irritable P***ck) bus :neener:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Interesting comment from Dannie boy, who speaks for a majority who disagree with me ? I am not sure. Every time I am in Pattaya and Bangkok (Patpong, Nana Plaza) I see a lot of Hua Hin residents, who really enjoy being there.
Some suggest me to take the speedboat. No, No, I can drive or take the minibus to Pattaya or Bangkok. A nice change from this dead place.
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Walking Street (Binthabat, Hua Hin) Concert

Post by Felipesed1 »

No need for you to return here, you won't be missed!
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Felipesed1 wrote:No need for you to return here, you won't be missed!
Sadly not true. Reason: you need to have see the extremes to find the middle ground. He/she also provides me with a LOL. :lach:
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

europtimiste wrote:Interesting comment from Dannie boy, who speaks for a majority who disagree with me ? I am not sure. Every time I am in Pattaya and Bangkok (Patpong, Nana Plaza) I see a lot of Hua Hin residents, who really enjoy being there.
Some suggest me to take the speedboat. No, No, I can drive or take the minibus to Pattaya or Bangkok. A nice change from this dead place.
It's strange that you refer to HH as "this dead place", so what is it that attracts you to stay? I can't speak for everybody, but there have been many posts from people saying they prefer to keep HH as it is (including its faults) and leave Pattaya and Bangkok for the occasional getaway to recharge/discharge their batteries so to speak!!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

And of course HH WILL change, how fast and how soon remains to be seen
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

And of course HH WILL change, how fast and how soon remains to be seen
It HAS changed. I (we) liked it much better in 2003/2004 when it was a little known resort frequented by a few European families in the know and Thais from Bangkok only. No traffic, parking problems; roads were much better because of little use... oh well... gone forever now...
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I agree. Arrived in 2002. Had never heard of the place but fell in love with it immediately. Built a house and you could park your car almost anywhere day or night. No traffic. No McDonalds, No Burger King. No Market Village. No 'Tea Money' stops. And prices way way below current rates. It was wonderful!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Was even better in the 90's. I was sorry I couldn't move here until 2004 because of having to work in Bangkok. Still, some progress was beneficial, I suppose. The bypass eventually got rid of the lumbering underpowered, overweight trucks that used to pass through all night long. And probably the Phetchkasem Road widening between Cha-am and Hua Hin did reduce the daily carnage on that stretch of road. Hard not to miss the Hua Hin of old though. Even the annual flooding in September and October was no great hardship it you didn't want to go much further south than the tessaban.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

All those who have nostalgia of 90ties in HH, they are free to move to Pranburi and more southern villages, there are wonderful beaches, it's cheap and more than dead places. I know HH since 1996, it was a shithole and now still a dead place, but I am happy and I am not alone, that now we have Market Village, BigC, Makro and Villa Market (Forget the shit KFC and McDo) even if I am not a fan of imported food. To come back to the walking street, this will not attract more tourists, but less residents, who like to drive their motobike along those streets. Anyway after the high season, the walking street will be over and forgotten.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

I know HH since 1996, it was a shithole and now still a dead place, but I am happy and I am not alone,

You may not be alone but your opinion is not the only correct one. My first trip to HH was in 1990 and I enjoyed it then and even in the early 2000's when I lived there. Plenty of friends and good times and even after having lived in Bangkok for a long time before moving to Hua Hi, I would not have thought of it as a dead place. Why do you think it was a shithole, it never was.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I don't think that anyone moves to hua hin for it's sparkling night life. I suspect that most people move here because it's a relatively inexpensive and safe place to live with access to the beach and enough shopping facilities to satisfy them. if you crave the nightlife Bangkok is only 2 1/2 hrs. away. less time than it takes to drive across los angeles.