Hua Hin City 2017

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Re: Vana Nava Hua Hin City 2017

Post by Big Boy »

Just bumping today's friendly, which kicks off in just under 4 hours time. Last season's friendly was a fun packed goal fest, with Hua Hin coming out on top.

This should be an interesting match, where Hua Hin will be show-casing a few new players, brought in during the half term break to strengthen the side.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Vana Nava Hua Hin City 3 - 1 Chiva Som

This was a friendly match, arranged to showcase/test Hua Hin's new signings, and to get the side fit for the re-start of the season on Sunday.

One of Thai football's anomalies this season is the number of teams in T4. Re-organisation took place last season, which should have seen 4 regional T4 leagues, each with 16 teams. For whatever reason, that didn't happen, and we ended up up with 8 leagues of about 10 teams (our season is 18 games long). T1, T2 and T3 have 16 teams or more, which means their season has at least 30 matches. All leagues started about the same time, but T4 has reached it's mid-season break 7 weeks ahead of T1, T2 and T3.

Traditionally, the transfer window opens at the mid-season break, but being in the minority, T4 has to wait for the rest. This means that even our side is being strengthened, our new players can't play until June, when our season is almost over.

So, even though we have new players in the team, we can't play them until June :?

Today's match was played in 3 x 30 minute slots, with our first team not coming on the pitch until the last 3rd.

It was an entertaining match, with Chiva Som taking an early surprise lead. No idea who scored our first, but Ratchapark grabbed the 2nd and Arnon the 3rd.

This coming Sunday's match against the league leaders with be a tough test for our ever improving youngsters.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HUA HIN CITY HAVE BEEN TAKEN OVER

I think most will agree that we have experienced torrid times supporting Hua Hin City in the last 18 months:

• It started with the attempted purchase of TOT, which seemed to start the demise.
• This was followed by having a football team on minimum wages.
• It was even announced that the club had withdrawn from Thai football, just 367 days ago.
• This season, we were merged with Rachapreuk University, which meant the team had to travel to Hua Hin for home games.

I am now delighted to report that Hua Hin City have come through this, and the future is looking bright. Although they’ve been in the shadows for a few weeks, we now have a new management group to take the team forward.

Their achievements to date include:

• Appointed Francis Henyoh as manager.
• Appointed a new coaching staff.
• Appointed a new club secretary.
• Installed a new training regime.
• Uplifted the team and relocated them to Hua Hin.
• Accommodated the team in Hua Hin.
• Employed the entire team on proper salaries.
• Are strengthening the team with new players (although they will not be eligible to play until the transfer window opens in June).

I met the new management briefly yesterday, and I can say they have their feet firmly on the ground, and are aware of the huge task ahead of them. Their initial goals are:

• Consolidate our position in T4 this season.
• Restore the friendly, family atmosphere at the club.
• Gain promotion to T3 next season.

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome the new management team to Hua Hin City, and wish them the very best for the future.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Just bumping this one - today is the first game back after the mid-season break.

We are hopefully entering a new era. The club has been taken over, and I've been talking to the new management team. They have 'level headed' enthusiasm, and realistic plans for the future.

Today will be a tough test for the new regime against the team who have been leading the way all season. Our team have been improving match by match, and are playing football better than their league position shows.

Get yourselves along this afternoon, and cheer on our rejuvenated team.
Suphanburi_Cover.jpg
Suphanburi_Cover.jpg (106.14 KiB) Viewed 997 times

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Vana Nava Hua Hin City 0 - 1 Suphanburi B

This is the 5th mid-season break since I've been supporting Hua Hin, and the 5th shambles on restart.

2 huge problems today:

1. Too much faffing about at the back (I haven't used that for a while). If we're not in the opposition's half, we aren't going to score goals. We'd often lost possession before we crossed the half way line.

2. By far the biggest problem was use of the width. Hua Hin were playing through the middle. If the pitch is 60 yards wide (not sure how wide our pitch is), Hua Hin were playing between the 10 and 50 yard point. Suphanburi always had 4 spare men between 0 and 10, and 50 and 60.

It's too early to despair. Hua Hin just need to survive this season. Let's build to challenge for next season.

Our league position is not looking too good:
Gameweek_10_2.jpg
Next game is next Saturday in Bangkok:
Look E-San Cover.jpg

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Look E-San 1 - 0 Vana Nava Hua Hin City

What can I say? I can think of a lot of football sayings, but it all comes down to the saying, "When you luck is down, it's down."

- We wuz robbed.
- The referee's a ____________ (fill in your own caption, all apply).
- I could go on, but this is football.

After the Suphanburi match, there was a huge improvement yesterday. We were using all of the pitch, were better marking in defence, passing was better, and Wichan seemed to have more command of his penalty area. It was all positive.

On the minus side, we didn't push forward in sufficient numbers, and didn't create a threat.

The goal was a disgrace to Thai football. The referee made a completely wrong decision that baffled both teams. Whilst trying to understand what had just happened a couple of Look E-San took a corner, that Hua Hin didn't attempt to defend, and it was game over.

Hua Hin had the perfect opportunity to equalised when they were awarded a penalty, but Ali G hit the ball at a good height for the keeper to save.

I could see improvements, and I actually think that despite our poor league position, we are turning a corner.
Gameweek11_1.jpg
Next game is next Saturday at Takiab Stadium.
Muangkan_cover.jpg
Muangkan_cover.jpg (107.03 KiB) Viewed 823 times

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Under New Management - Changes Are Already Noticeable

I have talked with the Club's new President, and he wants to restore the family atmosphere to the terraces, whilst strengthening the team.

Since the club was taken over by a long standing local businessman under 2 weeks ago, things are moving fast for our local football team. Notable improvements announced in the last week include:

- FREE luxury transport to all away matches.
- Toilet facilities for Zones A, B and C (opposite the Grandstand).
- FREE admission to home matches for the remainder of the season, providing supporters wear a shirt bearing the Hua Hin City FC badge.

There are many other initiatives going on behind the scenes, including provision of new Flags and musical instruments for supporters.

They are looking to strengthen the team when the transfer window opens on 1st June.

Things are really picking up momentum, and the future is looking very bright. Hopefully, the results will soon start to follow suit.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The Thai FA have recently issued the first 6 fixtures of Leg 2.

Mid season break will be 29 May until 16 June

Next set of fixtures are:

17 Jun’17 – 17:30 – Hua Hin City vs Nonthaburi FC
24 Jun’17– 18:00 - IPE Samut Sakhon vs Hua Hin City

2 Jul’17 – 16:00 - BTU vs Hua Hin City
9 Jul’17 – 17:30 – Hua Hin City vs Assumption Utd
15 Jul’17 – 16:00 – Suphanburi vs Hua Hin City
23 Jul’17 – 16:00 – Look E-San vs Hua Hin City

This confirms that we are playing each team 3 times this season.

Points 41; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

sounds great and looking forward to join you people on the stands ,when Im back in th. in 12 days.
:cheers: :cheers:
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Seems to be a positive,with regards all matters,lets hope it may continue.
If you possibly have the ear of the new management can you comment on regarding size of Hua Hin strips.I recently took my son[ Farang] to a home game,obviously an "L" size came no where near his frame.The current shirt is impressive,and i believe sales could multiply if larger sizes were available,and therefore help the club.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Shirt sizes go up to a 3L, which I believe is a 48" Chest. Current stocks are those shirts left over from the old regime, but a new club shop and offices is currently being converted/fitted out on Naresdamri Road.
shop.jpg
shop2.jpg
shop2.jpg (35.21 KiB) Viewed 646 times
I can only think they are not creating a shop to sit there with empty shelves, so I imagine new stocks will be forthcoming, but I will try to check for you. I believe the shop will open in the next few days. What specific size are you looking for?

Points 41; Position 18
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Thank you as always regarding your input for the football club.I am actually returning to the UK at the weekend for 2 weeks,if 2/3 XL sizes are available now[current black shirt] i would be happy to purchase some and take them home.My son recently bought a black mountain golf shirt,size "L"and it was an extremely tight fit.I also believe that the current colour/design logo maybe attract locals to wear and promote the club.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

I was at the last home game,and the largest shirt available in the black colours was an "L"
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't know when the new stocks are due, but will find out. I've unfortunately got a bad dose of man-flu at the moment, and housebound :cry: . I think this weekend might be a bit adventurous. PM me your phone number, and if I can get them, I'll call you.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Vana Nava Hua Hin City 0 - 1 Muangkan Utd

Another bad day at the office for the Hua Hin favourites.

Boosted by the club's 'Free Admission if You Wear the Club Badge' policy, today's crowd was disappointed at the team's performance, and many did not wait until the final whistle. There were still 130 people that paid to get in.

Muangkan weren't good, but Hua Hin played strange tactics today. A lot of playing around in their own half, with little intention of getting into the opposing half. Before the ball got into the opposition half, it was either gifted to, or intercepted by Muangkan. This pattern of play repeated itself time after time throughout the match.

Whenever Hua Hin actually made it into the opposition half, they were hacked to the ground. We've seen this several times this season, Hua Hin's boys beaten by the experience of more mature players.

The 2nd half saw some marginal improvements from Hua Hin, and there were several chances created that a half decent striker would have converted, but sadly, a half decent striker is something Hua Hin have lacked since Andre Marques departed.

On a positive note, there are only 2 games to the transfer window opening - there will be substantial changes then.

Our league position looks drastic at the moment:
Gameweek_12_1.jpg
Next week we are home to the team that is probably worse than Hua Hin in every way. It should be the best chance of seeing Hua Hin pick up at least a point before the 2nd half of the season, when we should show a marked improvement.
Pathum_Thani_Cover.jpg
Pathum_Thani_Cover.jpg (108.93 KiB) Viewed 511 times

Points 41; Position 18