Vana Nava Hua Hin City 2017

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
SPONSORS: Vana Nava Hua Hin
Big Boy

Re: Vana Nava Hua Hin City 2017

Post by Big Boy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:52 pm

Table after today's defeat:
Gameweek_5_1.jpg
League 2 - Doncaster...0 Plymouth Argyle....1 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Points 75; Position 2

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:05 pm

Nonthaburi_cover.jpg
Points 75; Position 2

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:43 pm

Oh dear, we wuz robbed......

Points 75; Position 2

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:56 pm

The supporters club are hoping to run a bus to Nonthaburi this coming Sunday. If anybody is interested, let me know here or via PM and I will get your name added.
Points 75; Position 2

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:40 am

Nonthaburi 2 - 0 Vana Nava Hua Hin City

The Hua Hin team are definitely playing much better football compared to that woeful night in Kanchanaburi a few weeks ago. The problem is they have to concentrate for 90 minutes. That first goal was an absolute shambles.

The second goal was the mandatory goal from an ex-player that seems to happen to football teams all over the world. Sato was very unfortunate not to score a second goal as well. It does pain me to see ex-players, that Hua Hin have basically thrown out, playing so well against us.

I’m still unsure of the manager’s tactics – at home last week, we played the first hour without a striker against a very poor Ratchaburi, and even then only played one for the last 30 minutes. This week he played all 4 strikers (no more than 3 on the field at any time). The match was even until the 3rd striker appeared, at which point we lost the midfield.

I can still see some light at the end of the tunnel. This is a young team, and I think they will click. Too late to do anything but survive relegation this season, but I think it’s coming.

This goal sees the team sitting precariously near the bottom of the table, with the penalty for finishing bottom being exclusion from the league for a year.
Gameweek_6_2.jpg

Next match is this coming Sunday 26th March at 17:30hrs. Venue is Takiab Stadium.
IPE_Cover.jpg
IPE_Cover.jpg (107.05 KiB) Viewed 180 times
Points 75; Position 2

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:58 am

Bumping this in case anybody didn't realise there's live league football in Hua Hin this afternoon at 17:30.
IPE_Cover.jpg
IPE_Cover.jpg (107.05 KiB) Viewed 105 times
Points 75; Position 2

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:28 pm

Vana Nava Hua Hin City 5 - 3 IPE Samut Sakhon

I've been saying for a few weeks now that this team has been improving week by week. Things are starting to click up front now, and we've got the best Hua Hin City attack since the Brazilians left. Ironically, 3 of today's goals came from last season's players who couldn't have hit a barn door from 3' away last year. Of course, this begs the questions, did we play any pre-season friendlies, and were the team match fit at the start of the season?

3 goals against doesn't sound as promising, but the first goal was an own goal when the ball hit the post, but bounced into the net when it hit Hancho's back on the rebound. The 2nd goal crept in off the post, and the 3rd was the mandatory 'ex-player' goal when Patay curved in a beautiful curving ball from about 3 miles out, just like the goals he used to score for us, not.

Ratchapark opened the scoring for Hua Hin in the 2nd minute with a lovely finish, with just the keeper to beat. Ali G made it 2 - 0 with a lovely lob over the keeper from 30 yards. IPE brought it back to 2 - 1 just before half time. Ali G grabbed his 2nd with a shot that went in off the post, and Arnon grabbed a 4th with a very cheeky finish. IPE made it 4-2 before Panthakant grabbed our 5th. Patay had the last laugh a minute later, when he made it 5-3.

All in all, a very entertaining game in front of just 200 supporters. Our league position didn't change with the much needed 3 points.
Gameweek_7_2_Corrected.jpg
Next game is next Sunday 2nd April @ Takiab Stadium. 17:30 K.O.
BTU_Cover.jpg
BTU_Cover.jpg (104.06 KiB) Viewed 46 times
Points 75; Position 2