Hua Hin City 2017

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Re: Vana Nava Hua Hin City 2017

Post by Big Boy »

Suphanburi B FC 3 – 2 Hua Hin City FC

Before we departed Hua Hin, I think even though the most optimistic of us were not expecting too much from a high flying Suphanburi, who are currently 7 points clear at the top of the league. However, we knew our team were getting stronger with each match, and they would give 110% regardless of the result. We are not the best team in the league yet, so that is all we can ask.

When we arrived at a very hot, beautiful Suphanburi Provincial Stadium, we were greeted with the news that because it was an International weekend, the Suphanburi A team did not have a match, so they would be fielding 8 of their first team squad. Personally, with promotion out of the question for this season, I saw this as a great chance to see our side play competitive football against one of Thailand’s top sides.

We could see from the pre-match warm up that we were not playing against the young kids who had featured in the 2 previous matches this season.

The first half started, and I was wondering what the t1 hype was all about. Hua Hin were matching Suphanburi in every quarter.

Suphanburi broke the deadlock with a penalty. It was an unfortunate foul, and a well converted goal – no complaints.

Not long after, Amos broke through the Suphanburi defence, and equalised with a well-positioned shot. This was encouraging, because our centre-forward did this 2 more times as the game progressed against a top notch defence. He scored one more, and hit the crossbar with the third.

The Amos equaliser unfortunately woke Suphanburi up. The t1 professionals just knocked the game up a couple of gears and scored a couple of beautiful goals. Their second was just magic. Their No.20 seemed to have the ball glued to his boot as he turned a couple of times inside the Hua Hin penalty area. Surely one of the prettiest goals in the league this season.

Hua Hin came out for the 2nd half with their heads high, despite being 2 goals in arrears. I think they outplayed the t1 opposition. When Amos snatched his second, the difference this time was Suphanburi couldn’t turn it up a gear. Hua Hin were in the ascendancy, and were unlucky not to share the points.

League position is not so important for the rest of this season, although we will improve. The players will have learned an awful lot from this game, and we should thank Suphanburi for the opportunity, although I doubt they see it the same way – at least 4 of their stars picked up yellow cards.

A moral victory.

We still maintain 8th position
Gameweek_19_1.jpg
Gameweek_19_1.jpg (59.65 KiB) Viewed 1273 times
The team are away to Look E-San next Sunday 23rd July, where I'd expect them to pick up 3 points.
Look_E-San_Cover.jpg
Look_E-San_Cover.jpg (135.9 KiB) Viewed 1273 times
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
HuaHinCityFC
Amateur
Amateur

Post by HuaHinCityFC »

2 Highlight videos from yesterday:

HuaHinCityFC
Amateur
Amateur

Post by HuaHinCityFC »

HUA HIN CITY TRAVEL CLUB

A luxury bus is again being provided free of charge to take supporters to Bangkok next Sunday 23rd July, where we take on Look E-San.

Seats will be reserved on a first come, first served basis. To reserve your seat, please telephone Khun Kaew on 095-7513243.

Please book early to avoid disappointment.
19885782_1392897477414828_49501637_o.jpg
19885782_1392897477414828_49501637_o.jpg (196.38 KiB) Viewed 1192 times
HuaHinCityFC
Amateur
Amateur

Post by HuaHinCityFC »

Hua Hin City FC U19 tryouts for Coke Cup competition.
First Round: Saturday, August 5, 2017.
Register at 08:30.
Starts at 09:30.
Second Round: Sunday, August 6, 2017
At 09.00
u19.jpg
HuaHinCityFC
Amateur
Amateur

Post by HuaHinCityFC »

Departure time for Sunday's Look E-San Express is 11:30 from the clock tower.
New_Bus.jpg
New_Bus.jpg (35.88 KiB) Viewed 1119 times
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Very late with this. I'm sorry, but I've had my 2 most hectic days since moving to Thailand.

Look E-San 1 - 1 Hua Hin City

The plan was to get 3 points and advance to 7th place in the league. Reality was gaining 1 point, and dropping to 9th place.

Everything started well - our supporter's bus turned out to be truly executive travel. We really thought we'd hit the jackpot when this baby turned up. In fact, we hesitated to board, thinking it was the wrong bus.
DSC02519.JPG
DSC02519.JPG (139.03 KiB) Viewed 1047 times
Then the fun began. It turns out this wasn't the bus that was ordered, but the driver was doing a favour for a mate - no problem, we can enjoy the extra luxury I think. The the driver starts to ask, where are we going? Nobody had given him a destination, he didn't know he was going to Bangkok, and could he borrow 500 Baht for the toll booths. This was going to be an adventure. I did manage to explain the name of the university where the stadium was located.

So off we go, and it was a lovely bus and a lovely ride.......... until we entered the toll roads. He honestly didn't know where he was going. He stopped several times on the V of various junctions to phone to find out if we fork left or right. We weren't rear ended, so we could see the funny side.

Eventually, we got in the general area, and I knew the way. No, he wasn't going to listen to a Farang who had been here 11 weeks earlier, he was talking on the phone to somebody in another town. He drove straight past the University, and took us to the International Volleyball match that was on. There was a lot of traffic there, and he caused absolute mayhem doing a 15 point turn with his monster bus.

He headed back towards the ground. Turn left I say, which was translated into Thai. No, he stopped again and phoned his friend in another town for directions. This happened about 5 more times in the distance of less than a mile. We could even see the stadium, but his friend said NO. We sat down in the stadium, 15 minutes before kick off. He just didn't want to believe a Farang knew the way :?

Anyway, you guys aren't reading this for details of our magical mystery tour. There was a football match to watch/enjoy.

The player news was that Roland was still not available for selection, and Ali M had injured his leg in the pre-match warm-up. This left us a bit weak at the back. This was compounded just before half-time when one of the deputising centre-halfs went off injured. In a quick re-organisation, leading goal scorer Ali G was moved to centre-half, and Dorian was brought on to play just behind Amos.

Hua Hin got off to the most fantastic start, when within 3 minutes, a loose ball fell to an unmarked Wuttichai's feet on the edge of the 6 yard box. He blasted the ball home.

The game was spoiled because I think the referee had a new whistle. The ref wasn't the usual plonker Thai ref, making stupid decisions, but he wouldn't let the game flow. Because Hua Hin were the better footballers, the constant start/stop game really suited Look E-San.

Look E-San equalised at around the 20 minute mark, after some awful defensive play by Hua Hin.

The rest of the game was played out with Hua Hin being the better side, but unable to capitalise on their better football.

Unfortunately, losing 2 points saw us drop to 9th in the league after IPE Samut Sakhon pulled off a big shock at Muangkan.
Gameweek_20_2.jpg
Gameweek_20_2.jpg (67.27 KiB) Viewed 1047 times
Next Sunday, we travel to Kanchanaburi to take on Champions League favourites, Muangkan Utd.
Muangkan_Cover.jpg
Muangkan_Cover.jpg (59.81 KiB) Viewed 1047 times

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Videos from Sunday's match at Look E-San last Sunday:

Points 41; Position 18
HuaHinCityFC
Amateur
Amateur

Post by HuaHinCityFC »

The Kanchanaburi Express will be on the road again this week taking supporters to Sunday's Muangkan Utd vs Hua Hin City match.

Away support has waned over the last 2 games, and the President is seriously considering the value in continuing the free service. For obvious reasons, he does not see the value in paying for a half full luxury bus.

If you like football, why not give it a try? To book your free seat, simply phone Khun Kaew on 095-7513243.

If nothing else, you would be visiting one of Thailand's show piece stadiums, the Kleeb Bua Stadium, with the backdrop of the Kanchanaburi hills, it's a fantastic sight. There's nothing not to like.
Boarding the bus to Look E-San last week.
Boarding the bus to Look E-San last week.
HuaHinCityFC
Amateur
Amateur

Post by HuaHinCityFC »

We now have a departure time for Sunday's bus - 10am from the clock tower. We should arrive early enough to take in a little of the town's culture e.g. Bridge over the River Kwai or War Cemetery before the match. Maybe have lunch while gazing over the river.
DSC02519.JPG
DSC02519.JPG (139.03 KiB) Viewed 948 times
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Muangkan Utd 1 - 0 Hua Hin City

The Kleeb Bua Stadium, IMHO the nicest stadium in the league, and definitely up to t1 standards. Only problem is, it is so damned hot. At just 37C yesterday, it was 7C cooler than when the teams met last year. I always experienced a friendly welcome there as well. Last year I had supporters chasing after me wanting a photo with me, and the same thing this year. Actually, it was even better this year because they stood me in front of the official club sponsors board, and presented me a with small gift whilst having my photo taken. I guess it must be my natural celebrity looks - I can't think of any other reason :oops:

Anyway, it was another luxury trip to Kanchanaburi courtesy of the club's president. I even took advantage of one of the bus's bunks on the way home.

When we arrived at the stadium, we were greeted by the President and Head Coach, and they told us of the team's injury woes, and that we'd be fielding a weak side. As it turned out, any lack of performance was more than compensated by great team work. I don't think Muangkan would agree the Hua Hin side was weak. In my opinion, we didn't have a player on the pitch who gave less than 100%.

Promotion chasing Muangkan came at us all guns blazing for the first 15 minutes, but our makeshift defence simply absorbed the pressure. Hua Hin gradually settled into the game, and it was a severe blow when the opposition scored direct from a free kick on the edge of the box, which gave Natchapon absolutely no chance of saving. Apart from that, Natchapon had a brilliant game. This was his 3rd time between the sticks, and he is getting better with every game.

After that, it was entertaining end to end stuff for both sides, with Muangkan always looking the most likely to score. In fact their forwards had a mare of a game. It was such a strange game to call. Muangkan could easily have won by 6, but Hua Hin always looked likely to steal at least a point.

I'm certainly not down about this result against a very good side. No complaints at losing 3 points, but we remain in 9th place - light years ahead of the bottom side.
Gameweek_21_2.jpg
Gameweek_21_2.jpg (68.76 KiB) Viewed 885 times
The push for a better league position WILL start next week, when we expect a goal fest against bottom team Pathum Thani, followed by another home game the following week against Ratchaburi. I expect us to take 6 points from those 2 games.
Pathum_Thani_Cover.jpg
Pathum_Thani_Cover.jpg (108.93 KiB) Viewed 885 times

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Sorry guys, I forgot to upload the video highlights from last weekend's match with Muangkan:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hua Hin City 3 - 0 Pathum Thani

Many of us were expecting a goal fest, and indeed a 3 goal victory with 2 other disallowed goals would seem to fall into that category, but rather than send everybody home smiling, everybody I've talked to has said, what an awful match.

Supporters have been spoilt under the new regime, with Hua Hin playing some lovely football. I'm not sure if it was complaceny, injury problems or that a poor Pathum Thani simply dragged us down to their level. I sit in Zone B, and a quick look around me saw that it was yawn city yesterday.

Pathum Thani had the ball in the net first, but it was disallowed. Arnon scored with a well directed header, half way through the first half. That single goal was the half time advantage.

Pathum Thani started the second half strongly, but that was put to bed when they put the ball in their own net from a harmless looking free kick.

Amos, who was busy all afternoon scored the 3rd with a very well executed finish.

A good result that saw us rise to 8th. I hope next Saturday's match against Ratchaburi is better.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

LOL - I was sat on the beach when I wrote the report - here are the pictures that go with it:

League table:
Gameweek_22_1.jpg
Gameweek_22_1.jpg (66.64 KiB) Viewed 749 times
Next fixture:
Ratchaburi-Cover.jpg
Ratchaburi-Cover.jpg (108.43 KiB) Viewed 749 times

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Highlight videos from last weekend's victory against Pathum Thani:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm very busy today, so don't know if I can make it, but there should be plenty of goals, and admission will be free.
friendly.jpg
friendly.jpg (94.22 KiB) Viewed 624 times

Points 41; Position 18