Hua Hin International Jazz Festival 2017

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Hua Hin International Jazz Festival 2017

Post by Big Boy »

This is the 'traditional Jazz on the Beach, which Hua Hin is famous for.

More detail as we hear it.
jazz.jpg
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Hua Hin International Jazz Festival 2017

Post by caller »

Many thanks for the heads up, BB!
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

A little bit more meat on the bone from TAT today. I've included the Facebook translation, which is up to it's usual standard.
jazz.jpg
จังหวัดประจวบคีรีขันธ์ เทศบาลเมืองหัวหินและการท่องเที่ยวแห่งประเทศไทย เตรียมจัดงาน Hua Hin International Jazz Festival 2017 เทศกาลดนตรีแจ๊สบนชายหาด ที่จะกลับมาสร้างปรากฏการณ์ดนตรีและตอกย้ำความเป็นเมืองแจ๊ส และเมืองท่องเที่ยวระดับนานาชาติของหัวหิน
โดยในปีนี้ HITMANJAZZ ค่ายเพลงแจ๊สระดับอินเตอร์ ผนึกกำลังร่วมกับ Koh Mr.Saxman (โก้ มิสเตอร์แซ็กแมน) ศิลปินแจ๊สชาวไทยที่เดินทางแสดงคอนเสิร์ตไปทั่วโลก ร่วมกันออกแบบโชว์สุดพิเศษเพื่อยกระดับเทศกาลดนตรีแจ๊สครั้งนี้สู่ความเป็นสากลที่ทั่วโลกยอมรับ และเพื่อผลักดันให้ Hua Hin International Jazz Festival เป็นเวทีหนึ่งในแผนที่เทศกาลแจ๊สของโลก
Hua Hin Internatioanal Jazz Festival 2017 จะจัดขึ้นบนชายหาดหัวหิน ในรูปแบบของฟรีคอนเสิร์ต วันที่ 24-25 มิถุนายนนี้ (เสาร์-อาทิตย์) โดยมีศิลปินแจ๊สทั้งไทยและจากนานาประเทศเข้าร่วมแสดงในงานอย่างคับคั่ง อาทิ Malene Mortensen, Vladimir Cetkar, Jazz Kamikaze, Senri Kawaguchi, Jun Abe & Japan Jazz All Star พร้อมด้วยศิลปินไทยนำทีมโดย Koh Mr.Saxman (โก้ มิสเตอร์แซ็กแมน) & The Sound Of Siam, Asia7, The Swing King และศิลปินรับเชิญอีกมากมาย รวมถึงศิลปินแจ๊สดาวรุ่งจากหลายสถาบัน
นอกจากนี้ยังมีกิจกรรมอื่นๆ ทั้ง Open Stage (Mini Concert), Workshop, Jazz Gala Dinner (ซึ่งจะจัดขึ้นในโรงแรมและสถานที่ที่เป็นจุดสำคัญของเมืองหัวหิน) ตั้งแต่ต้นเดือนมิถุนายน เป็นต้นไป เนรมิตให้เมืองหัวหิน เป็นเมืองแห่งดนตรีแจ๊ส และตอกย้ำความเป็นเมืองแห่งการท่องเที่ยวระดับนานาชาติอย่างยั่งยืน
ติดตามรายละเอียดเพิ่มเติมได้ทาง

Province, prachuap khiri khan. SU-hua hin and tourism of Thailand ready host hua hin international Jazz Festival 2017 Music Festival Jazz on the beach to come back and create a musical phenomenon remind humanity city jazz and tourist town level International of hua hin

By this year hitmanjazz camp jazz music international level forces with koh Mr. Saxman (Ego Mr. Zack man) Artist Jazz Thai concert to travel the world together to design a very special show to elevate music festival jazz international solidarity to this world to accept and to push for hua hin is international jazz festival Stage One Map Jazz Festival of the world.

Hua Hin Internatioanal Jazz Festival 2017 will be held on the beach hua hin in the form of free concert this June 24-25th (weekend) with artist jazz both Thai and from countries join job as shown in the sun belting malene Mortensen, Vladimir Cetkar, jazz kamikaze, senri kawaguchi. Jun, Abe & Japan Jazz all star with Thai artists lead by koh Mr. Saxman (Ego Mr. Zack man) & the sound of Siam, asia7, the swing king and many other guest artists including jazz artists live. Morning from multiple institutions

There are also other activities both open stage (Mini concert), workshop, jazz gala dinner (which will be held in the hotel and where is the point of the city, hua hin) since early June onwards to created hua hin city is a city of jazz Reminder of humanity and the city of tourism sustainable international

Points 41; Position 18
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

surely there is someone in Hua Hin who could translate this and make it understandable. on the beach? what beach? where? my wife read the Thai and the English and just shook her head.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

if its were it used to be you can look forward to a small stretch of beach,if your going to the beach on soi 61 and turn right on the beach,and its small because of the high tide when I was there some years ago. It also have been near soi 19 a year or 2 but I think it would be in the old spot.You can get VIP seats i think ,so you see better.

:cheers: :cheers:
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Don't know about the tides in June. Is that when the festival is normally on?
I walk the beach regularly in the mornings and the tide should be well out then. I'm not sure about night time though.
I have been to past festivals and would agree that the strip of beach is useless for that kind of event if the tide is in. But maybe those were at different times of year?
buksida

Post by buksida »

I remember going once when it was sponsored by a rather large beer company, we were there early afternoon so naturally headed for the beer tent only to be told "mai dai" because it was the wrong time of day. :banghead:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Don't know about the tides in June
Here you go, Lomu:

https://www.onestopdive.com/assets/tide ... HH2017.pdf

JUNE 2017 scroll down
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

I guess many haven't attended many or any of the festivals. The beach works fine, and was used a few times. Especially when Heiny was a sponsor.

Attended the first 8, quite good actually, but they lost their luster when changed, to hotel venues with entrance fees.

Though I see one thing has not changed, any and all info, at the last minute.... :D

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Appearing at this year's festival:
Asia.jpg

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It's happening this weekend. Here's the latest information......
jazz1.jpg
jazz2.jpg
jazz3.jpg
jazz4.jpg

Points 41; Position 18
duan

Post by duan »

I went last night and thought it was the best for many years. Two Singha beer tents at very reasonable prices, various food outlets, decent loos, great music if you like that kind of thing and absolutely packed out. Koh Mr Saxman was the star of the show who put enormous effort and energy into a whole night. Whoever was in charge of managing the event did a fantastic job. There was a smaller front stage near the tourist police station and further live jazz near the Bazaar.
One of the best nights I've had in HH for a long time. I'll go back tonight but not expecting too much as from previous experience the numbers will be well down.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Any photos?

Points 41; Position 18
duan

Post by duan »

Sorry no I was too busy clutching my Leo in one hand and my large glass of ice in the other
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:laugh:

Points 41; Position 18