Hua Hin Food Festival 2017

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Re: Hua Hin Food Festival 2017

Post by Bluesky »

Have to agree. :thumb: Made a last minute decision to head over there this evening. A really good selection of food and reasonably priced. We ended up settling for some fish and chips, prawn and veg wrap. Had some difficulty I finding somewhere to sit so ended up having marinara pizza and seafood spaghetti on top of what we had already ordered.
Had difficulty in finishing. so the sweets which were to follow we ended up passing on. The band was in full swing on our arrival and plenty of music from the 70s and 80s. They weren't too bad either.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Bluesky wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:46 pm Had some difficulty I finding somewhere to sit
That's why we went for the Mexican - STRONG seating :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:56 pm That's why we went for the Mexican - STRONG seating :D
Come tomorrow morning you may need that of that again if you overindulged in the jalapeños. :D
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No ill effects whatsoever. I was really impressed that none of the food that we tried was pre-prepared (except the ice cream). When I ordered chili con carne, I was amazed when a ladle didn't get dipped into a huge saucepan. The chefs prepared the entire dish from scratch, which in the middle of Queen's Park was brilliant. It was so good, I'm still thinking back to it this morning. I think I can honestly say it ranks high in the top 5 best chile con carne that I've ever had.

Ordering the chili con carne was funny as well. I asked for chili con carne, and the young girl serving looked at me as if I had 2 heads. Eventually, I had to point to it on the menu. "Ah, chile corn," she said, which made me grab the menu to make sure I hadn't misread it - I hadn't. One of the funnier sides of living in Thailand :D .
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:46 am No ill effects whatsoever. I was really impressed that none of the food that we tried was pre-prepared (except the ice cream). When I ordered chili con carne, I was amazed when a ladle didn't get dipped into a huge saucepan. The chefs prepared the entire dish from scratch, which in the middle of Queen's Park was brilliant. It was so good, I'm still thinking back to it this morning. I think I can honestly say it ranks high in the top 5 best chile con carne that I've ever had.

Ordering the chili con carne was funny as well. I asked for chili con carne, and the young girl serving looked at me as if I had 2 heads. Eventually, I had to point to it on the menu. "Ah, chile corn," she said, which made me grab the menu to make sure I hadn't misread it - I hadn't. One of the funnier sides of living in Thailand :D .
Have to agree food was superb! Surprisingly generous with the cheese and seafood on the pizza, and spaghetti likewise. Fish and chips also with the batter being nice and crisp and the chips quite chunky and not oily at all. Sellers we dealt with were most courteous and even provided a chair and water for the dog! Ditto no after effects this morning. We didn't bother to have breakfast, which is quite surprising as the other half normally likes to tuck into something before heading off to work. ( Walks from the Kitchen to her office desk!) but will pencil it in for a return trip next year.