Hua Hin City 2018

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Hua Hin City 2018

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Anyone have any news about the upcoming season (fixtures, team news etc)?

Just watched them beat an Australian team 4-2 at True Arena but I don't have too much info about the new league season. (Yes, I know there's a couple of pages on Facebook but I don't really 'do' Facebook).
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Re: Hua Hin City 2018

Post by Thistle »

Interesting,i also don't do face book,however,where did the info come regarding the game you just watched.
Normally Big Boy gives a heads up for most games,friendlies,whatever.
As i side note,i have tried several times to contact them,HH City FC,based upon there offer published in AWOL magazine,,,,,,,,,,nobody seems particularly interested.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Thistle wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:57 pm Interesting,i also don't do face book,however,where did the info come regarding the game you just watched.
Actually I noticed some activity on the field so then I checked to see what was going on.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm on the case - watch this space.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK Guys, I will post match reports and forthcoming fixtures as they approach.

Hua Hin City 4 – 2 Rydalmere Lions

This was going to be a special test for Hua Hin City. Today’s visitors had travelled a long way, and were naturally a much larger team. They were also visiting as champions of their own division in Australia, and as somebody rightfully commented, they hadn’t come all of this way just to lie on Hua Hin Beach. This would be a David and Goliath battle – football had to be the decider.

Today’s starting 11 had quite a few changes to the starting line-up 2 days ago, so Coach Sebastien continues to keep us guessing regarding our starting 11 when it counts on 10th February.

Both teams got off to an even start, but Hua Hin gradually took control, with Maraba proving himself a real menace in midfield. We took the lead about halfway through the first half with a very cool finish by Pratchaya.

10 minutes before half time, Rydalmere made 6 substitutions, and the game started to swing. Hua Hin conceded 2 very soft goals in the space of 5 minutes to go into the break a goal down.

Hua Hin came out for the 2nd half also having made some substitutions. The game seemed even again. Arnon went on a lovely run down the right, and cut into the penalty area where he was poleaxed. Three Yellow Shirts ran to his aid and there were some frantic hand signals indicating he’d been seriously injured, and would need to be replaced, before he got up and continued the game. Nicolas was cool as a cucumber as he stood up to convert the resultant penalty. 2 – 2, game on.

It wasn’t long after that Hua Hin re-established the advantage when Nicolas broke through to score his 2nd, and make the score 3 – 2.

Tossapon put the game beyond Rydalmere’s grasp when he grabbed a 4th.

One sad moment, in an otherwise entertaining game was when Panudach picked up what looked like a serious injury. A tell-tale sign that a footballer is really injured is not rolling around the pitch feigning injury (that would hurt too much), but lying perfectly still. Poor Panudach was not moving at all. It looked like an arm injury, and we wish him a speedy recovery.

This was a good game of football, against a team of champions, who would not be used to losing.

Points 41; Position 18
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Thank you,obviously did not see the game,,,,,,,,,,but hopefully with your in-put regarding future pre season friendlies,schedules for the new season, its a great help in order to go and support the local team.I am sure other HHFM feel exactly the same and appreciate your help to try and bring about more local support.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Leg 1 and Leg 2 Hua Hin City fixtures. Leg 3 is determined by the aggregate scores of Legs 1 and 2.
Leg1.jpg
Leg1.jpg (107.25 KiB) Viewed 4682 times

Points 41; Position 18
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Thanks Big Boy,have sent copies to other guys who are supporters,but not use the forum,for one reason or the other!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Everybody's chance to meet the team and backroom staff, maybe pickup up a bit of memorabilia at the same time. From 13:00Hrs today at the front of Market Village.
presentation.jpg
today.jpg

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hua Hin City 0 – 0 Chainat Utd

The long close season was over. Today was the 2018 season’s opening day in Thai League 4 (West). There have been massive changes during the break, and a host of new faces will be wearing Hua Hin City shirts this season.

There was a lot of anticipation amongst one of the largest crowds Takiab Stadium had ever seen. It was a beautiful sunny day, and the pitch was looking as good as it gets with freshly painted line markings. We just needed the team to complete a perfect day.

Our opponents, Chainat Utd were making their debut in the professional leagues after qualifying from the amateur league last season. For a new team, they were showing the attributes of a well-off team i.e. their own team bus, and staying in Hua Hin last night. Luxuries Hua Hin City can only dream about.

Both teams were evenly matched throughout the match. It was a torrid midfield battle, which whenever Hua Hin seemed to be getting on top, they were fouled. There were only 2 saves made all match, and they were from Hua Hin free kicks. Chainat should have taken the lead after about 75 minutes, but they headed wide of an empty goal, when it would have been easier to score.

Hua Hin were definitely the better footballing side, but there just seemed to be a lack of urgency when it really mattered. It is very hard to single out any player as having made the biggest impression, but likewise, nobody played badly. Keeper wasn’t used. Defence was solid, midfield worked hard. Attack didn’t get the opportunities. Maybe the final pass was a little slow.

The referee probably stole the show, as they usually do. However, he seemed to bring a new rule book with him to the game, and I’m going to have to check to see if the new season has brought new rules because I was more confused at the refereeing than usual. So I may be doing the ref an injustice regarding some of his decisions. Areas for clarification:

• Has the Thai offside rule changed?
• Has the rule regarding players leaving the field after having received on-pitch treatment changed?

It was a solid start, and I’m sure Coach Sebastien will smooth out the wrinkles. A season is 27 matches – there is a long way to go.

Next game should be next Wednesday in the 1st Preliminary Round of the League Cup, which I don't think they've even drawn yet. Next definite fixture is:
Samut_Songkhram_Cover.jpg
Samut_Songkhram_Cover.jpg (84.93 KiB) Viewed 4236 times
The club is strapped for cash this season having had no financial sponsors coming forward. As such, it is unlikely they will be running supporters buses. If anybody is interested in going, please PM me by Tuesday, and we'll see if we can organise an equal shared (mini) bus. If there's no interest, I'll just drive myself.

Points 41; Position 18
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

"• Has the Thai offside rule changed?
• Has the rule regarding players leaving the field after having received on-pitch treatment changed?"

There were some slight changes to the offside law this year but only to do with one particular scenario of interfering with an opponent, plus situations where a player in an offside position is fouled - nothing that would have applied in this game.

There was a change (two seasons ago) in regard to players leaving the field after injury. The law now says that a player does not have to leave the field if "... injured as the result of a physical offence for which the opponent is cautioned or sent off."

In this game the referee applied it correctly once, when a Chainat player was injured and allowed to stay on because the Hua Hin player was booked but he also got it completely wrong another time when he allowed the Chainat player he had just booked, but who had got injured in committing the foul, to stay on the field after treatment. The player who has committed the foul does not get to stay on the pitch.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you :thumb:

Points 41; Position 18
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

I'm not sure which offside incident you're referring to but was it the one where a Hua Hin player pulled the ball back to a team mate who blasted it over the bar and the AR flagged for offside? If so then I agree with you, there was no chance of an offside offence there. Even if there was a Hua Hin player in an offside position when the shot was made, he definitely wasn't involved in active play according to any of the current definitions in the offside law - even the new definitions added just this year.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

In the incident I'm thinking of, there were 2 Hua Hin players between the last man and the keeper near the edge of the penalty area. The ball had been booted into the Hua Hin half and the ball ball was played to a Hua Hin player just inside the Chainat half. The ref blew the 2 players running back as offside.

Points 41; Position 18
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

If I understand your description correctly and if the player who received the ball was not one of the two running back from an offside position and assuming that neither of the players running back interfered with an opponent according to the criteria in the law then this sounds like an incorrect decision.

The part of the offside law on interfering with an opponent is the section that has seen the most changes recently. The particular wording that would have the best chance of being applicable here is the following, added in the 2017 amendments that I referred to earlier:

"In situations where a player moving from, or standing in, an offside position is in the way of an opponent and interferes with the movement of the opponent towards the ball this is an offside offence if it impacts on the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball"

Unless either of the players coming back did something that fits this description, they almost certainly should not have been flagged offside.

Simply being in or even coming back from an offside position is not an offence according to the law (and it never has been, in the entire history of the Laws of the Game, despite what some would have you believe).