Hua Hin Fishing Lodge

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Hua Hin Fishing Lodge

Post by JW »

Visited the Fishing Lodge yesterday evening with some friends who go all over the place catching fish. Have to say its a lovely setting only 10 mins from town and will be somewhere is will use much more often for relaxing days. We were there for 2 or 3 hours caught about 7 or 8 nice fish (all put back) had some lovely food and beers.

You don't have to be a fisherman, trust me - the staff will do everything for you if your a novice.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

I've had a look at the website, but I'm still confused about its location. We use the Pala-U road into (and out of!) Hua Hin and I've never spotted a sign to the Fishing Lodge.

Easy instructions, please. With landmarks, if possible, to avoid Parahandy doing a handbrake turn. :shock:

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Francois
Professional
Professional

Post by Francois »

Vital Spark wrote:Easy instructions, please. With landmarks, if possible, to avoid Parahandy doing a handbrake turn. :shock:
VS
I have to say it wasn't that easy for me too but I did it and met Terry who is a very nice guy.

Take the Pala-U road. Have a look at your meter and take a "top" at the railway crossing. After 7 kms, drive slowly. You will see at your right hand side a sign indicating <The Address>. The road will change into a track. Follow it and you will see the Fishing loadge at your left hand side after ca. 2,5 kms.

If you miss the track, go to the by-pass road and come back. This will be at 3,5 kms at your left hand side...

Good luck :thumb:
François
And me, still the most self satisfied of men
I was almost as drunk as myself
(Jacques Brel)
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

If Francois description fails then folow the signs for siam old teak up the palau road .When they tell you to turn left by the temple and market ignore them and take the next right after about 100m on the bend,keep going past the next temple on the left,onto the track and it comes up on the left .

Happy fishing

Crazy 88
Cowtown Comedy
Professional
Professional

Post by Cowtown Comedy »

great place to relax on a sunny day...I've left there many times without so mauch as a nibble, but you feel so relaxed there, you almost forget about the fishing part. Good food, good drinks, and very nice people. Terry needs a big neon sign on Pala U. VS, good place to mark exams..
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

OK, now I know where to turn off. Seen the big 'Address' sign (what an address. The Address, Hua Hin!).

Quite frankly, neither I nor Parahandy are fisherpeople. I don't eat fish and I don't like fishing, but it sounds like a nice relaxing place to chill out with maybe a beer or two. Do you serve Beer Chang, Terry (in big bottles)? I don't want to sound like an alcofrolic, but I do object to paying over 40 baht for a small bottle.

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
buksida

Post by buksida »

You guys need to do a little more research! Click on the "hua hin fishing lodge" link in the right hand menu and it'll take you right there:

www.maphuahin.com
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Hi folks

Firstly my Internet connection on my own laptop is stuffed so having to use the 'office' at my Mon to Fri venue (Bangkok). :(

Thanks for the votes of confidence.

Lack of signs is a long story. We used to have some good ones and they got knicked - 3 times - by a previous disgruntled employee. :guns:

Mrs.T is now on the case and hopefully we will have some Amphur approved ones soon.

Directions - www.maphuahin.com does the job, as does C88 and Francois descriptions. Our website www.huahinfishing.com has a location map which if followed exactly, will get you there.

If all else fails and you're lost - call 081 927 1271 or 089 837 4079 and we'll send someone out to find you (Done it often)

Be advised that the last 1km which is on unmade road is currently a mess and requires regrading again - we still await the road to be 'blacktopped' - it's been 'next year' for the last 4 years :roll:

V.S. - we DO have large bottles of Chang in the fridge, together with Heineken, Singha and Leo. Sometimes we have oddities like Cider, Erdinger or Lao Beer - but that is not always guaranteed. Red & White wine usually available together with all the usual soft drinks, tea & coffee.

Foodwise we can cater for most tastes - simple but not exotic dishes - fish -of course - but also chicken, venison, pork, ostrich and of course plenty of Thai dishes.

As stated before - I'm usually there most Saturdays and Sundays and Mrs.T and the crew cope ably when I'm not around.

Hope to see more folk there :thumb:
norm
Professional
Professional

Post by norm »

Are we talking saltwater or fresh water fish? What kind and what size are usually caught?

I like to make my own fishing lures. So maybe I'll come by and try a few of them. :cheers:
Francois
Professional
Professional

Post by Francois »

norm wrote:Are we talking saltwater or fresh water fish? What kind and what size are usually caught?
Fresh water fish.

HBave a look here :

http://www.huahinfishing.com/home
François
And me, still the most self satisfied of men
I was almost as drunk as myself
(Jacques Brel)
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

We had a great two hours or so at Terry's Place a few weekends ago.

Took the boy on his first fishing outing, he had a great time, he's only four, but picked up on what to do very quickly.

Great place, great people, good time.

Terry asked if the boy had caught anything yet.

'Just the one Carp' I replied.

'Well that's better than a poke in the eye' he said.

Little did he know, that poke in the eye went up to the knuckle.

So if you're over at Terry's Place, and you happen to catch a one eyed carp, that's probably the fish that Junior caught.

Thanks for a great couple of hours Terry.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Nice!!! Cool pics JD!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

sounds great JD

Aim to take my Thai nipper when he is next down from KK
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

JD

Great pics

Good job he didn't try that with one of our Pacu or Gar - he might not have a finger left.

Glad you enjoyed the fun.

I always like the smile on a kids face when he / she catches the first fish - priceless.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Norm

As already stated it's feshwater fishing - although we can arrange sea trips.

Bring those lures and give 'em a try