Thais rank low again at English

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
buksida

Re: Thais rank low again at English

Post by buksida »

MDMK wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:04 pm my god. that he doesn't finish top of the class. absolutely horrific that he gets beaten by someone who can't speak a word of english but parrot-learned the grammar rules that most of us native english speakers have no idea of or use for . I might (we all might) overuse words like shocked, but in this instance I am genuinely shocked.
That is the Thai school system for you, hence the topic of this thread; why they're so bad at English.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I had a Thai PA whose English was excellent. One day she said--- I have so much trouble with conditional tenses. I said--Don't worry everybody struggles with conditional tenses.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I have said it many times, many Thai's see no benefit in learning English, especially if their circle of family and friends only ever speak Thai or Isaan.
I know all the reasons "we" believe they should learn English but they do not see it that way, so why worry, they don't
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali