Special Needs programs available in the schools in hua hin?

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
johninbali
Novice
Novice

Special Needs programs available in the schools in hua hin?

Post by johninbali »

We are in the process of taking up a relocation to Hua Hin but our 5 year old son has special needs (slight form of autism)
he is 100% integrated into his k5 class and is doing well here
is there something in hua hin at any of the schools similiar?
he is 5 years old?
thanks
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Well, I'm going to tell you what I think as this is not the easiest post to answer. There might be a couple of people out there that have more direct experience than me but I'm not sure how often they manage to 'get on' the forum.

The 'top and tail of it' may well be that you will find it hard to gain meaningful support from the mainstream schools, strange/shocking I know, but the culture/system here doesn't really recognise these special needs as well as they do in "other" countries(western style). I have worked in schools were there are many children that require, to greater or lesser extents, some assistance. If you come to live here you will come to the conclusion that the educational system is flawed in many ways.

If you can give the extra support yourself then you'll be OK. However, having said that, if not, then you may well be able to get some private assistance from somewhere to assist with school progression.

It is something that is well worth looking into properly before your final move. Others may be able to advise aswell but you'll have to wait to see if they see this thread.

Good luck! :cheers:

Edit: Typos
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
johninbali
Novice
Novice

thank you very much

Post by johninbali »

it is basically what we figured was the situation. My potential employer wants be very positive and not paint a negative picture but i think i will have to some leg work on my own.
thanks
jr
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've sent you a PM

(apologies to those who object to such posts, but John is new to the forum, and may not recognise that somebody has sent a Private Message).
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20